ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the excuses, pleb! Haven't you heard a little something called "working hard" and "saving your money"? I'd rather pay 3x the retail price on a sneaker that 98% of people couldn't differentiate from a replica pair!

@DesD1:
Don't know what's funnier: you getting called a "pleb" or when drisk was accused of being a "newbie", think in the nmd thread. That was good for a laugh this morning.
Good luck on the zebra hunt.

Last edited:
Enjoying this morning banter. 

Fact: If you buy and wear fakes, AND pass them off as real to others then that is truly lame. This speaks to your character. You're a liar plain and simple 
mean.gif

Fact: If you buy and wear fakes for your own personal satisfaction and don't care what anyone says, AND don't pass them off as real, you're ok in my book. 

I work in NYC and you'd be surprised how many millionaire's wives buy fake bags from the corner guy. It's too funny. My former boss's wife, one of the repeat offenders even paraded around the office saying " check it out...40 bucks ". Can they afford the real thing ? Damn skippy. Does she care ? Not one bit. Did she lie and tell us it was real? Nope. 

It ain't that serious folks, but since we are on a sneaker forum, in a specific thread that discusses acquisition and resale of one of the most hyped shoes right now, I can see why the regulars are biting your head off for all the under armor talk.

Fact: If you buy and wear fakes, AND pass them off as real to others then that is truly lame. This speaks to your character. You're a liar plain and simple :smh:
Fact: If you buy and wear fakes for your own personal satisfaction and don't care what anyone says, AND don't pass them off as real, you're ok in my book. 

I work in NYC and you'd be surprised how many millionaire's wives buy fake bags from the corner guy. It's too funny. My former boss's wife, one of the repeat offenders even paraded around the office saying " check it out...40 bucks ". Can they afford the real thing ? Damn skippy. Does she care ? Not one bit. Did she lie and tell us it was real? Nope. 

It ain't that serious folks, but since we are on a sneaker forum, in a specific thread that discusses acquisition and resale of one of the most hyped shoes right now, I can see why the regulars are biting your head off for all the under armor talk.

Well hell, stealth, that was the most concise well thought out post of the day. The IQ average rose quickly. Way too mature for the yzy thread. Good luck on the the Hunt.

@DesD1:
Don't know what's funnier: you getting called a "pleb" or when drisk was accused of being a "newbie", think in the nmd thread. That was good for a laugh this morning.
Great con that guy ... anyway. To you as well 

Fact: If you buy and wear fakes, AND pass them off as real to others then that is truly lame. This speaks to your character. You're a liar plain and simple 
mean.gif

It ain't that serious folks, but since we are on a sneaker forum, in a specific thread that discusses acquisition and resale of one of the most hyped shoes right now, I can see why the regulars are biting your head off for all the under armor talk. = Touché for this 
laugh.gif
This statement is so so accurate. Because spending is only seen as important for people who has too little. Saving is what lead the real talk, the real world, the real money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by stealthmode29  

That's a fair point. Still weird (because you could just buy a "regular" $40 bag instead of a knock off) but at least there is no element of dishonesty.

Don't be surprised if you get blocked based on IP address when you try. Didn't happen to me on the first ADC UK nmd og drop, but did happen on the second drop even though I was logged in with my UK account. Getting tricky.
Hm yea true that.. so probably no chance. Let's hope this date is not right or will change :tongue:

When you wear fakes, you're wearing lies on your feet. And it's for a lame reason: to look like you have something that you actually don't. Plenty of other runners have the same vibe of Yeezys but you want to act like you actually copped. Lame.

And the whole "I don't want to pay resell" argument is garbage. You don't have to buy the shoes. No one is requiring you to wear Yeezys.
+1

mean.gif

Great post.  No one likes fakes, but they exist for anything and everything of value and have for centuries.  It's just a part of the human experience to have to wade through fakes unless you buy from the source with anything.  No reason to stress over it (especially to stress over other people having them).

There are enough sites nowadays that provide safe and guaranteed shoes that I rarely have to care about the fake market anymore.  Grailed, Facebook groups, and eBay are NOT these sites, and it surprises me how many people still are shocked when they do minimal research and receive fakes from these sources.  -Especially Grailed.  Whenever I see the word "Grailed" in someone's post, I get ready to laugh because the post is always something like, "Legit check on this great deal on Grailed...is it normal for some Yeezys to have three pulltabs and "Yeezus Dove Turtels" printed on the shoelaces?  The guy says 100% authentic, but he spells authentic with a K...this all sounds fine, right?"

Great post.  No one likes fakes, but they exist for anything and everything of value and have for centuries.  It's just a part of the human experience to have to wade through fakes unless you buy from the source with anything.  No reason to stress over it (especially to stress over other people having them).

There are enough sites nowadays that provide safe and guaranteed shoes that I rarely have to care about the fake market anymore.  Grailed, Facebook groups, and eBay are NOT these sites, and it surprises me how many people still are shocked when they do minimal research and receive fakes from these sources.  -Especially Grailed.  Whenever I see the word "Grailed" in someone's post, I get ready to laugh because the post is always something like, "Legit check on this great deal on Grailed...is it normal for some Yeezys to have three pulltabs and "Yeezus Dove Turtels" printed on the shoelaces?  The guy says 100% authentic, but he spells authentic with a K...this all sounds fine, right?"
100% legit tortoise doves and camel tans.

100% legit tortoise doves and camel tans.
My favorite "you deserve to be scammed if you fall for it" UA trick is instead of putting "100% authentic" in the description (which are two very, very simple words to write...so if you don't see those exact words don't waste your time), they instead put "Brand new" in the listing.  Buyers who want DESPERATELY to believe they are real and getting an amazing deal will clown themselves and say, "Well, they must mean brand new CONDITION since this is a shoe model from 2 years ago".  

...Yeah, I don't think Paypal sticks their neck out too far to cover you when you buy a "brand new" pair of fakes and there is nothing in the listing that says they are legit/authentic. 
laugh.gif

@DesD1:
I was being sarcastic, b. I was referencing this post:
Yeah it's not like there's this thing called "hard work" and "saving money" or anything

SMH at people who use that lame *** excuse to wear fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom