ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's so much about the amount but more the principle. If they're not fulfilling an order they have no right to tie up one cent of this man's money. Cash should be charged only when something is processed & confirmed. Clubs will place a large hold on your card but this is to make sure they get paid which is why they hold on to your card in the first place.

Once you hit pay you are accepting the companies' terms & conditions. They have every right to place a hold for each order attempt to make sure you have the funds available. Anybody that has multiple holds obviously hit the pay button many times trying to get through. This is precisely why many sites warn you not to hit the pay/submit button more than once.

Obviously it sucks but that's the way it is. But this isn't any regular order. The site can't handle the sheer amount of traffic. Not many sites can.

Last edited:
Excuse me, my financial situation is [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]now as I stated if you could read. However I feel for people who don't have the same situation. And never ever should it be okay for a company to hold your funds because of a fuccck up on their end. That's bad business and should not be acceptable.
That's how it works anywhere though. That's not a bad business practice on the store's end. If there is no order to match it with then it doesn't go through and it disappears. Same thing happens every month with some pre-orders I have from Target, shows up every month as a pre-authorization on my credit card but after a while, it goes away. Just like when some places give you that one dollar temporary authorization just to make sure a charge of a full amount will go through. 

Once you hit pay you are accepting the companies' terms & conditions. They have every right to place a hold for each order attempt to make sure you have the funds available. Anybody that has multiple holds obviously hit the pay button many times trying to get through. This is precisely why many sites warn you not to hit the pay/submit button more than once.

Obviously it sucks but that's the way it is. But this isn't any regular order. The site can't handle the sheer amount of traffic. Not many sites can.
I pressed the submit button twice and received 6 pending charges. Also, look at twitter, everyone was receiving multiple charges. The site was obviously malfunctioning that day.

Any stores in NYC that do swaps? Like can I walk in and trade shoes for shoes they have in inventory ?:nerd:

Just use a credit card it doesn't go on bal until shipped won't hurt. Those guys going debit only well idk what to say

But some folks in here are like under 21 a debit maybe all the have adidas knew this might happen hence they warned u

Multiple attempts may result in multiple charges

I don't feel bad for nun yah

I think it's fine for adidas to give dude a discount code for the issues, but it's not like it matters anyway, everything half decent on their site doesn't allow discounts to be applied anyway.

But some folks in here are like under 21 a debit maybe all the have adidas knew this might happen hence they warned u

Multiple attempts may result in multiple charges

I don't feel bad for nun yah
I used a debit card and they only charged me once, hence i only tried to purchase once.

Last edited:

Umm no, you're accepting a hold for an order to be fulfilled. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be allowed to accept payment in the first place. They should initiate a draw similar to Nike's system. That's absolutely ridiculous to charge someone and not fulfill their side of the bargain, immediate release of all charges should be an option. You obviously never went to college.

Just use a credit card it doesn't go on bal until shipped won't hurt. Those guys going debit only well idk what to say

Exactly! Do I have the funds to use a debit card? Yep I sure do but I won't be that dumb again. I checked one of my cards and had $1,800 pending and I didn't even get a pair. I didn't even look at the other card lol. Always use cc

Umm no, you're accepting a hold for an order to be fulfilled. If they can't do that, they shouldn't be allowed to accept payment in the first place. They should initiate a draw similar to Nike's system. That's absolutely ridiculous to charge someone and not fulfill their side of the bargain, immediate release of all charges should be an option. You obviously never went to college.

LMAO. You really have no idea how holds work do you?

"Authorization hold (also card authorization, preauthorization, or preauth) is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction (also called settlement), or the hold "falls off." In the case of debit cards, authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again)anywhere from 1–8 business days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy; in the case of credit cards, holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank."

Oh and I did go to college...A very prestigious one at that..

Wait a second here. Using debit is more financially responsible than just using credit. You get more protection with credit for sure, but you also guarantee yourself debt unless you pay off your balance every month which obviously the majority of people do not do. America has this plastic only mindset. Cash and debit are the best ways to avoid yourself getting in trouble. Switzerland, one of the wealthiest nations and known for its banks, is mostly a cash nation. In most of Europe in fact cash is way more common. Whenever I pay for something here, I get a robotic "credit or debit" question. It's really ridiculous. We have been brainwashed to use plastic to encourage spending since it doesn't hurt as much when you just swipe instead of handing over green bills. It also makes banks tons of money charging interest on something that doesn't need to be "financed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom