ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of the best way to trade my Size 8.5 gg for Size 8?  Tried them on and they a bit too big.  I've never done a swap before, so would appreciate the help!

JB is making more money than ever because retros literally went from $160 MSRP to $190 MSRP in 1 year. That is almost a 20% increase per model sold. Nike also upped the numbers produced so more people could buy for retail. This move definitely hurt both resell and hype but they are also selling more shoes than ever, so Nike ends up winning in the end.

That said, I don't think Yeezys have as wide of an appeal as retro Jordans do. Everyone from young children to teens to older people wear Jordans. I think Yeezys would appeal to a lot of people but I honestly don't see them having the kind of mass appeal retro Jordans do because, quite simply, Jordan Brand has 30+ years of a very rich history behind it and, as such, people have an attachment to the brand.

I mean I'm sure price has got a lot to do with it. But just to imagine volume the 72-11 sold over a million pairs across sizes in Decemeber, the legend blues the year before sold over 900k. (Google jordan 72-11 sale numbers to find what I'm talking about). If every other release even does a third of that can you imagine what numbers they're moving?

If they GR 350 colorways it wont be the OG colors. Those will be the most coveted.
smokin.gif
A part of me is happy htat there is potential to expands Yeezys and make them more accessible.

I also have a part of me who is happy I got the the originals I did before this expansion, but my salt for my previous L's is now revived because I doubt hard to come by pairs will be popping up 5+ times a year once this new line comes out.

I'm in Los Angeles too.

You have fad hopping kids and adults who are Jordan hipsters now but Jordan's are everywhere.

I think comfort in the older demographic is growing, cause I'm definitely not wearing js as much but I still cop them.

So much this and I hate my self for it

I wear UB's and its if God manicured my feet in oceans of holy waters

The put on my 11's and feel nothing but sorrow but damn they look good

I mean I'm sure price has got a lot to do with it. But just to imagine volume the 72-11 sold over a million pairs across sizes in Decemeber, the legend blues the year before sold over 900k. (Google jordan 72-11 sale numbers to find what I'm talking about). If every other release even does a third of that can you imagine what numbers they're moving?
72-10... 
happy.gif

If they GR 350 colorways it wont be the OG colors. Those will be the most coveted. :smokin
A part of me is happy htat there is potential to expands Yeezys and make them more accessible.

I also have a part of me who is happy I got the the originals I did before this expansion, but my salt for my previous L's is now revived because I doubt hard to come by pairs will be popping up 5+ times a year once this new line comes out.
If they GR released a glow 350 I'm pretty sure it would ease the sting. Small demographic will be concerned with previous releases if they start doing GR's. Most people will cop the current shoe and keep it pumpin. I'm sure they'll keep some stuff limited and special as well but Adi def wants to sell more product.

Good for him [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji] the Yeezy effect must be showing some nice profits and forecasts for them to make that kind of move.

I wonder if this will significantly lower resale on MR 350s haha

It also looks like they're planning Yeezy GRs of some sort and plan on having a basketball line as well: http://www.nicekicks.com/adidas-kanye-west-announce-extension-new-yeezy-category/

Not really. As long as they don't do a GR of old styles, the OG 350/750's will still command a high resale value.

If they GR released a glow 350 I'm pretty sure it would ease the sting. Small demographic will be concerned with previous releases if they start doing GR's. Most people will cop the current shoe and keep it pumpin. I'm sure they'll keep some stuff limited and special as well but Adi def wants to sell more product.
True, but I'm always gonna say... "damn, can't believe how hard I L'd on the GG 750's" haha

I'll always admire the OG yeezy line the most. Though, I will still be copping the GR line of shoes when they release (if they stay away from that energy drink piss colored upper
laugh.gif
)

yo jordan brand about to sell another million pairs of 11s and kill resale on another grail the space jams this christmas jordans not played out yet. 

go buy some roshes

Why can't I have both?

View media item 2086099View media item 2086100

While I like the look and feel of the 350 better, the ROSHE at least holds up better and is a $100 less. Truth is, $125-$150 MAX for what you get quality wise in the Yeezy 350. Don't get me started on the "resale value" I've had these damn ROSHES for years and they look like they just came out of the box....the moonrocks have been babied and are still cracking up like a Kanye Stan after someone says something negative about him.

These are just my opinions though gentlemen....don't take it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom