ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the going rate of these zebras now? i have someone willing to trade a zebra in my size for my 750 Glow gums (9.5), olive yeezys (7)  and blk/white yeezys (9.5). worth it? or have someone selling for $1500

Yup, getting those and maybe the greens too. 

Whatever happened to the cream/beige looking V2s, those were my favs. 

The white ones in April are actually "Cream Whites"

If the Oreo release was any indication - the shoe will be Cream as hell.

whats the going rate of these zebras now? i have someone willing to trade a zebra in my size for my 750 Glow gums (9.5), olive yeezys (7)  and blk/white yeezys (9.5). worth it? or have someone selling for $1500
You're giving up way too much IMO, even if any of your pairs are used.

that's robbery bro

I'm not sure I'm understanding. StockX is just a middleman, they're not picking who wins a bid or not, that transaction is between the seller and buyer. They're just authenticating the shoes and sending it to the buyer. I don't think they'll send it back to the seller claiming it's fake cause that would upset the customer. It doesn't matter if StockX has a high priced item or low, it's pretty much all profit for them for the service.
Oh you misunderstand what I had meant (but that's on me, because I definitely could have been clearer with my explanation).  I'll explain my theory with a scenario:

------------------

Zebras drop and instantly sell out.  Right after that, three bids are accepted on an authenticator website (GOAT or StockX) in the same day:

Buyer 1 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $2500

Buyer 2 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $2000

Buyer 3 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $1500

All of these shoes ship to the authenticator around the same time, all wind up at the authenticator around the same time (give or take a day or two).  This happens because there are a ton of pairs being sent right after the release and the authenticators hold a bunch of the shoes after release to compare them against each other to help spot fakes.

When they check the shoes, 2 of the 3 are legit, one is fake.  The one that is fake is the highest bid, the one for $3000.

Internally, they find a replacement for the fake pair (both sites state that it is their policy that they attempt to do this for all shoes).  Unfortunately for Buyer #3, it's the legit pair that he/she had posted a winning bid on.  The authenticator stands to make around extra $100 in commission for helping out the highest bid in this single move alone.  You multiply this for several pairs, several releases...and wow that is some serious cash piling in simply for giving priority to higher bids when given the choice.  Also, while standing against the conventional idea that they are merely a middleman between buyer and seller, it doesn't violate any of their user agreement terms as outlined on their site.  -They are simply "trying to find a replacement pair for a customer".

The pair for $3000 ships out to Buyer #1, the pair for $2000 ships out to Buyer #2, and Buyer #3 is told that their shoe is no longer available and they will attempt to locate another pair for the price he/she paid.  If this is possible, they will fulfill the transaction, but most likely that person is out of luck. 

--------------

Now a few important notes on this:

-This really is only possible when StockX or GOAT get a lot of pairs in all at once.  It goes through my head when StockX drops their transaction fee a lot on specific shoes around releases to encourage a flood of shoes all at once.  That said, the majority of pairs of shoes sold on these sites are within that golden period of people receiving their pairs in hand and listing them, so it's more common that you'd think.

-I have had VERY positive experiences with both GOAT and StockX in general and will continue to promote them to friends and family.  

-If you want some proof that this happens, take a look at the sales dropdown on StockX for a shoe in a specific size after a release.  When multiple sales happen within a day or two of each other, you will never see the highest sale price drop off.  You *may* see the lowest sale price drop off.  It's been happening left and right on the oft-faked Zebra.

-What partially lead me to this conclusion that this practice occurred was 1) Watching the numbers in the sales column closely on StockX, 2) Wondering why GOAT didn't list their sales by size (seems like an odd omission), 3) Having multiple people tell me that they only seemed to run into trouble with transactions being fulfilled when the sale price they had was low relative to other accepted bids. 

It may simply be a stupid conspiracy theory, but if true it would put a crimp in the idea that a transaction is merely between the buyer and seller without any extra hurdles in the middle.  Lord knows I have friends at consignment shops that are told by their bosses to sell the shoes to the highest bidder if they get two at once.  Posting this here so we can all take a look.  

Last edited:
Use a little peroxide on the spot. You might have to do it a couple times but put a drop on and let it sit for a few minutes then gently dab with a cold rag. 

It came right out with crep protect, thank you for the advice though. I kind of regret cleaning them already. I should have listed then on eBay with Kanye's blood. Maybe could have gotten a house out of it [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yup, getting those and maybe the greens too. 

Whatever happened to the cream/beige looking V2s, those were my favs. 
You talking about these?

These are sick.
These are the Peyote color, releasing in fall 2017. Green V2 is releasing in June. Triple whites are actually white not cream 
laugh.gif

if the Cream V2 ends up being the different weave design of the primeknit, we're gonna have a huge sizing fiasco again. But I'm interested in seeing a new primeknit weave

I'm not sure I'm understanding. StockX is just a middleman, they're not picking who wins a bid or not, that transaction is between the seller and buyer. They're just authenticating the shoes and sending it to the buyer. I don't think they'll send it back to the seller claiming it's fake cause that would upset the customer. It doesn't matter if StockX has a high priced item or low, it's pretty much all profit for them for the service.
Oh you misunderstand what I had meant (but that's on me, because I definitely could have been clearer with my explanation).  I'll explain my theory with a scenario:
------------------

Zebras drop and instantly sell out.  Right after that, three bids are accepted on an authenticator website (GOAT or StockX) in the same day:

All of these shoes ship to the authenticator around the same time, all wind up at the authenticator around the same time (give or take a day or two).  This happens because there are a ton of pairs being sent right after the release and the authenticators hold a bunch of the shoes after release to compare them against each other to help spot fakes.

When they check the shoes, 2 of the 3 are legit, one is fake.  The one that is fake is the highest bid, the one for $3000.

Internally, they find a replacement for the fake pair (both sites state that it is their policy that they attempt to do this for all shoes).  Unfortunately for Buyer #3, it's the legit pair that he/she had posted a winning bid on.  The authenticator stands to make around extra $100 in commission for helping out the highest bid in this single move alone.  You multiply this for several pairs, several releases...and wow that is some serious cash piling in simply for giving priority to higher bids when given the choice.  Also, while standing against the conventional idea that they are merely a middleman between buyer and seller, it doesn't violate any of their user agreement terms as outlined on their site.  -They are simply "trying to find a replacement pair for a customer".

The pair for $3000 ships out to Buyer #1, the pair for $2000 ships out to Buyer #2, and Buyer #3 is told that their shoe is no longer available and they will attempt to locate another pair for the price he/she paid.  If this is possible, they will fulfill the transaction, but most likely that person is out of luck. 
--------------

-This really is only possible when StockX or GOAT get a lot of pairs in all at once.  It goes through my head when StockX drops their transaction fee a lot on specific shoes around releases to encourage a flood of shoes all at once.  That said, the majority of pairs of shoes sold on these sites are within that golden period of people receiving their pairs in hand and listing them, so it's more common that you'd think.

-I have had VERY positive experiences with both GOAT and StockX in general and will continue to promote them to friends and family.  

-If you want some proof that this happens, take a look at the sales dropdown on StockX for a shoe in a specific size after a release.  When multiple sales happen within a day or two of each other, you will never see the highest sale price drop off.  You *may* see the lowest sale price drop off.  It's been happening left and right on the oft-faked Zebra.

-What partially lead me to this conclusion that this practice occurred was 1) Watching the numbers in the sales column closely on StockX, 2) Wondering why GOAT didn't list their sales by size (seems like an odd omission), 3) Having multiple people tell me that they only seemed to run into trouble with transactions being fulfilled when the sale price they had was low relative to other accepted bids. 

It may simply be a stupid conspiracy theory, but if true it would put a crimp in the idea that a transaction is merely between the buyer and seller without any extra hurdles in the middle.  Lord knows I have friends at consignment shops that are told by their bosses to sell the shoes to the highest bidder if they get two at once.  Posting this here so we can all take a look.  
I hope that's now they operate :lol: that's shady as fugg since every shoe has a specific order number when it's received. They know exactly who's order is fugazi but gonna switch out on the low buyer :smh: The seller who sold a real pair for 1500 gets no extra commision when their shoes are essentially sold for a higher price.

Last edited:
------------------

--------------

Got it, I see what you're saying now. The switch doesn't affect anyone negatively but they profit from it and it's something we don't actually know unless we're from the inside. Buyer thinks they got a fake pair while they really got a legit one but instead of doing the middleman thing they profit the fees from the difference.

Last edited:
I hope that's now they operate
laugh.gif
that's shady as fugg since every shoe has a specific order number when it's received. They know exactly who's order is fugazi but gonna switch out on the low buyer
mean.gif
The seller who sold a real pair for 1500 gets no extra commision when they're shoes are essentially sold for a higher price.
Yeah I don't like that. I can understand them cancelling the low bid to fulfill the higher bid. But they should be sending an email to the seller stating that their shoes were used to fulfill a different order with more priority because of the fake. But then compensate you for that sale. Otherwise that is crooked. 

Or just do what they're say they're doing and just being a middleman. If the 2500 pair is fake you cancel that order and he can bid again. 

@Aqua and Orange
 that scenario makes way too much sense, and fits too well with the circumstantial evidence to be too far of base. It's just a crappy reality for the "little guy". :smh:

Thanks man. I'm ready to be flamed by the board as a conspiracy theorist on this one, but I only posted this because it's something I keep noticing. Figure if we are all watching out for this we can know for sure. I only posted because it was really weird to me that the highest bids never seemed to fall off the StockX sales list while the smaller bids did. It's been really obvious on the Zebras.

More than once I've paid resell, kicked myself when a few hours later a lower sale was posted on GOAT or StockX, and then a few hours later I checked and that lower sale disappeared while mine got shipped. Makes you wonder.

Got it, I see what you're saying now. The switch doesn't affect anyone negatively but they profit from it and it's something we don't actually know unless we're from the inside. Buyer thinks they got a fake pair while they really got a legit one but instead of doing the middleman thing they profit the fees from the difference.

Boom, exactly!

Thanks man. I'm ready to be flamed by the board as a conspiracy theorist on this one, but I only posted this because it's something I keep noticing. Figure if we are all watching out for this we can know for sure. I only posted because it was really weird to me that the highest bids never seemed to fall off the StockX sales list while the smaller bids did. It's been really obvious on the Zebras.

More than once I've paid resell, kicked myself when a few hours later a lower sale was posted on GOAT or StockX, and then a few hours later I checked and that lower sale disappeared while mine got shipped. Makes you wonder.
No, thank you for sharing this. It's observations like this that can help the entire NT community. Conspiracy or not, it's better to have a possible "heads up" so we can investigate and respond accordingly. I want all of us to get our pairs, no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom