ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids in the EU crazy to let go their Zebras , seeing prices below 1k in fb groups 

If grey gums fit anything like chocolate 750s, which I heard they were the same fit after the TB's, then I would go with your TTS which I'm guessing is 8.

I went a half size down from my V1 size and because of a bone spur on my right foot I had to take the insole out. If you have a deal ln the 750 and you dont have a wide foot or anything for it. Ideally I shoudve went TTS but my Chocs TTS while they fit better arent super comfy either. Its just not a super comfy model.

You shoudda just posted the pic and question in your original post but no I havent noticed anything different.

Show us what you mean.

Cmon man.
laugh.gif
Well I'm new so sorry lol All I can say

Anyone know if the Beluga "350" font differs from other  v2 boxes? Bought a pair from Stadium Goods but its diff. compared to my oreos from Ubiq. Got pics if anyone wants to see
You shoudda just posted the pic and question in your original post but no I havent noticed anything different.

Show us what you mean.
I can't recall 100%, but one of my boxes has lighter coloured font than the other ones. I think it may be the black/white ones.

Anyone know if the Beluga "350" font differs from other  v2 boxes? Bought a pair from Stadium Goods but its diff. compared to my oreos from Ubiq. Got pics if anyone wants to see

you should focus more if the shoes are actually legit than on a box defect

Not like you're wearing the box!

Oh you misunderstand what I had meant (but that's on me, because I definitely could have been clearer with my explanation).  I'll explain my theory with a scenario:

------------------

Zebras drop and instantly sell out.  Right after that, three bids are accepted on an authenticator website (GOAT or StockX) in the same day:

Buyer 1 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $2500

Buyer 2 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $2000

Buyer 3 Buys Zebras in a size 10 for $1500

All of these shoes ship to the authenticator around the same time, all wind up at the authenticator around the same time (give or take a day or two).  This happens because there are a ton of pairs being sent right after the release and the authenticators hold a bunch of the shoes after release to compare them against each other to help spot fakes.

When they check the shoes, 2 of the 3 are legit, one is fake.  The one that is fake is the highest bid, the one for $3000.

Internally, they find a replacement for the fake pair (both sites state that it is their policy that they attempt to do this for all shoes).  Unfortunately for Buyer #3, it's the legit pair that he/she had posted a winning bid on.  The authenticator stands to make around extra $100 in commission for helping out the highest bid in this single move alone.  You multiply this for several pairs, several releases...and wow that is some serious cash piling in simply for giving priority to higher bids when given the choice.  Also, while standing against the conventional idea that they are merely a middleman between buyer and seller, it doesn't violate any of their user agreement terms as outlined on their site.  -They are simply "trying to find a replacement pair for a customer".

The pair for $3000 ships out to Buyer #1, the pair for $2000 ships out to Buyer #2, and Buyer #3 is told that their shoe is no longer available and they will attempt to locate another pair for the price he/she paid.  If this is possible, they will fulfill the transaction, but most likely that person is out of luck. 

--------------

Now a few important notes on this:

-This really is only possible when StockX or GOAT get a lot of pairs in all at once.  It goes through my head when StockX drops their transaction fee a lot on specific shoes around releases to encourage a flood of shoes all at once.  That said, the majority of pairs of shoes sold on these sites are within that golden period of people receiving their pairs in hand and listing them, so it's more common that you'd think.

-I have had VERY positive experiences with both GOAT and StockX in general and will continue to promote them to friends and family.  

-If you want some proof that this happens, take a look at the sales dropdown on StockX for a shoe in a specific size after a release.  When multiple sales happen within a day or two of each other, you will never see the highest sale price drop off.  You *may* see the lowest sale price drop off.  It's been happening left and right on the oft-faked Zebra.

-What partially lead me to this conclusion that this practice occurred was 1) Watching the numbers in the sales column closely on StockX, 2) Wondering why GOAT didn't list their sales by size (seems like an odd omission), 3) Having multiple people tell me that they only seemed to run into trouble with transactions being fulfilled when the sale price they had was low relative to other accepted bids. 

It may simply be a stupid conspiracy theory, but if true it would put a crimp in the idea that a transaction is merely between the buyer and seller without any extra hurdles in the middle.  Lord knows I have friends at consignment shops that are told by their bosses to sell the shoes to the highest bidder if they get two at once.  Posting this here so we can all take a look.  
Nah you explained it well in your first post.

you should focus more if the shoes are actually legit than on a box defect

Not like you're wearing the box!

I guess he's just making sure all around fam. If the kicks check out but the box seems fufu then I smell fufu. Time to go back to step 1 and re-LC the kicks. Ugh the pains of the aftermarket.

Borderlinxed.

frown.gif

But DHL managed to keep the box in good shape, maybe it's telling me that every cloud has a silver lining.

Last edited:

roll.gif
 what shipping did you pick?
DHL Express which actually did a pretty well job of keeping the box in good shape.

It's just Borderlinx's repacking which in this case seems more like stripping it naked because apparently the original Yeezy Supply box was too big and a waste.

DHL Express which actually did a pretty well job of keeping the box in good shape.

It's just Borderlinx's repacking which in this case seems more like stripping it naked because apparently the original Yeezy Supply box was too big and a waste.
That's what i ment

I should've told them to keep it Double Boxed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom