ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling them before they were actually fully produced is the only way to effectively stay ahead of leaks... Although this method will cause all sorts of headaches for YS with chargebacks and complaints in the long run the hype they generate will be worth it... go back and read comments to before the 750 and 350 were released and how people laughed at both models... come Nov people will want these... it's all part of the cycle... If this CW doesn't get a broader release or no other 700s are released this year people will be willing to pay for them... I honestly don't care as I bought a pair to rock... I do hope sizing isn't an issue...

Just because people were against 350's and 750's before they released and then they loved them afterwards does not mean that they will do the same for these. I agree "precedent" has been set for that but that does not mean it will happen.

Even though people were against those models I guarantee they still sold out in a matter of seconds. You can say the 700's didn't because of the random release time but they still hadn't completely sold out even after a hour of sitting on YS. You can make the argument that's because of stock levels but I disagree.

Don't take this as me being against the 700 model (even though I personally dislike it) this is just me trying to bring up a counter argument to people stating that since people disliked 350's and 750's before they released and then they loved them after after release that the same will happen to these 700's.

It could go either way but I don't think your sole arguement should be "it happened with 350's and 750's so it will obviously happen with these" I think a better argument would be those who were saying that these bulky retro runners are making a comeback.

I do like the way these were released. Had to check your email or social media at the right time. No line-ups, no bots, etc. If you checked within a 30-minute window, chances were you got a pair. Now we wait 2.5 months.

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of on-feet with celebrities to hype it up. Adidas has aced marketing the last couple of years.

Got a chance to obtain zebra's or pirate blacks for a good price. I can only purchase one. I'm leaning towards pirate blacks.

Got a chance to obtain zebra's or pirate blacks for a good price. I can only purchase one. I'm leaning towards pirate blacks.
If they are both truly a good price, just take the price out of the equation and ask yourself which one you'll be able to wear better and which one you'll wear more often

PB's are more wearable (I'd pick these personally), but the sole on zebra's is more durable to wear and tear - will last you longer.

That's pretty surprising to me. No ill intention here, but do you own sneakers from different brands? Nike fits different from Converse which fits different from any adidas model which fits different from etc. I have about 20 sneakers ranging from 10-11, with 10.5 being my TTS. But I've had plenty of instances where I've had to return or trade a 10.5 I bought online because it was either too big or too small. :rolleyes

Maybe it's just me haha.

But yeah models range between all the Adidas boost models, regular Adidas, Nike Sports, Nike Basketball, Jordan Brand, Puma, Asics, Vans, etc.

28XBGZl
giphy.gif

If resale goes up wouldn't they make it a non exclusive and release more pairs to kill the resellers?

I haven't been in this thread for a minute - I get it you are trying to figure out resale, but every time I see your post it is always... I don't want to be mean so..

DO YOU THINK ANYONE CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION??? OR GIVE YOU AN ABSOLUTE ANSWER?

I don't even think their intent is to kill resellers but I am done clogging up this thread. I won't even get into it.

Selling them before they were actually fully produced is the only way to effectively stay ahead of leaks... Although this method will cause all sorts of headaches for YS with chargebacks and complaints in the long run the hype they generate will be worth it... go back and read comments to before the 750 and 350 were released and how people laughed at both models... come Nov people will want these... it's all part of the cycle... If this CW doesn't get a broader release or no other 700s are released this year people will be willing to pay for them... I honestly don't care as I bought a pair to rock... I do hope sizing isn't an issue...

Same across the board, but then again we are into retro runners lol

I went a size down.

The difference is that people knew when the 350s and 750s were releasing... This release came out of left field and if you don't follow sneakers as religious as we do... you could have easily missed it...

If you've been around long enough you've seen this over and over again... people have a funny way of wanting what they don't/can't have... this has been magnified 10 fold in sneaker and streetwear... once these start getting in people's hands those that missed out will want them and would regardless of what they look like... Partly because they are limited and partly cause they are tied to Kanye...

As many have mentioned this release was a way to keep hype around the brand... Adidas and Kanye know what their selling points are keeping things limited and difficult to obtain... They won't ruin it for one big payout which will dilute the long term revenue stream...

The difference is that people knew when the 350s and 750s were releasing... This release came out of left field and if you don't follow sneakers as religious as we do... you could have easily missed it...

If you've been around long enough you've seen this over and over again... people have a funny way of wanting what they don't/can't have... this has been magnified 10 fold in sneaker and streetwear... once these start getting in people's hands those that missed out will want them and would regardless of what they look like... Partly because they are limited and partly cause they are tied to Kanye...

As many have mentioned this release was a way to keep hype around the brand... Adidas and Kanye know what their selling points are keeping things limited and difficult to obtain... They won't ruin it for one big payout which will dilute the long term revenue stream...
I agree that this release was out of left field but what about how they sat for a good 2 hours after the release before completely selling out? That's the point I'm trying to make. People have monitors running on YS 24/7. I agree the general public didn't have any clue they dropped but there are 230k people following Yeezy Mafia. Now let's say 1/3rd of those are bots, and only half of the remaining people following have notifications turned on. That's still 80k people that got a notification and that's not even counting any other sneaker account.

I'll agree that people want what they can't have as well, but we can't see what affect that will have until people get them in hand

Just because people were against 350's and 750's before they released and then they loved them afterwards does not mean that they will do the same for these. I agree "precedent" has been set for that but that does not mean it will happen.

Even though people were against those models I guarantee they still sold out in a matter of seconds. You can say the 700's didn't because of the random release time but they still hadn't completely sold out even after a hour of sitting on YS. You can make the argument that's because of stock levels but I disagree.

Don't take this as me being against the 700 model (even though I personally dislike it) this is just me trying to bring up a counter argument to people stating that since people disliked 350's and 750's before they released and then they loved them after after release that the same will happen to these 700's.

It could go either way but I don't think your sole arguement should be "it happened with 350's and 750's so it will obviously happen with these" I think a better argument would be those who were saying that these bulky retro runners are making a comeback.

agree with this sentiment. 700s didn't sell as fast since they're an acquired taste vs. the 350/750 which are more palatable for the masses. i've been rocking dad shoes for a minute so can't wait to rock the 700s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom