ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The V2’s are officially dead to me now. Keeping my og belugas but that’s it. I get they want more people to have a chance but the special thing about the V1’s and first v2’s were that they felt special when you wore them. They were more limited and that made them feel more special. Some shoes should just stay limited imo. The really high quantities and all the different colorways have killed them for me. It just doesn’t feel special when you see everyone wear them honestly. The fact that I was more excited about copping a pair of season 4 winter boots on sale yesterday than copping a pair of V2’s says it all.

They desperately need to put out something new, similar to the V2’s but with a whole new design. IMO they also need to make the possible new shoe more limited again to bring the hype back. Many little kids are still hyped but I’ve seen so many former Yeezy fanatics loose interest and moving on to other shoes. Now the 700’s are super interesting imo but I get that they’re definitely not for everyone. If YS could only ship my pair this year I would be happy with that so I can wear them.
they're just shoes g

That’s not the point. The point is that the shoes themselves don’t feel that special anymore when they are flooding the market. It may sound silly to many but the fact is that loads of people feel the same. I have several friends who have said the same and they’re not even as crazy about sneakers as I am.

It’s called elitist insecurity.

FTA has the worst selection for shoes..I bought 2 pairs of NMDs and I'm regretting it..if I return these will that affect my Gold Star status..if I lose it that is fine ..I plan on buying something else that I will like..but that will have no affect on winning a raffle in the future right?

So I got lucky and won 3 pairs in 2 states (MA,RI) kept 1 and gave the other 2 to friends for retail. still trying to trade a 10 for a 13 but I am happy I got one and was able to spread the wealth to some of my homies, that’s the way the sneaker game should be.

Would’ve only hit my size 12 (FTA app W)if it wasn’t for friend who was able to cart my girls size and checkout with my PayPal. I was stuck working since it’s Black Friday week as retail management.

Just wanted to thank those that all helped out eachother.

That’s not the point. The point is that the shoes themselves don’t feel that special anymore when they are flooding the market. It may sound silly to many but the fact is that loads of people feel the same. I have several friends who have said the same and they’re not even as crazy about sneakers as I am.
dunno, mad kids felt very special with jordans back in the day when they used to skip school to get them. and everyone had on the same pair.
this is before the fake hype, fake limited numbers, bots, reselling, retros, etc.

After a while no matter how rare the shoe no one cares cause its something theyve seen everywhere whether in person or on IG. Its who has the newest hype now first if youre part of that game.

I’m old.

Seeing 12-16 year olds buying themselves in liking sneakers....there’s nothing special about it at all.

The greatest shoes in history are grs

With the amount of inventory that is available on these, i can’t bring myself to pay $400 for them. For anyone that missed out yesterday, the best thing to do is wait it out and these prices will surely drop.

With the amount of inventory that is available on these, i can’t bring myself to pay $400 for them. For anyone that missed out yesterday, the best thing to do is wait it out and these prices will surely drop.

Goat has had pairs go for $350 but they fly off their e-shelves

Wait til next week when people have them in hand and need xmas money.

I could care less. The dream is going into a store, seeing them of the shelf and asking for your size they come back and say "No, but we can order you one".

I buy what I like,limited or not

Wow, not throwing shade but who are you buying and wearing sneakers for? Yourself?

So you want other men, women, and kids to see YOU walking in a random place with a "limited" pair of shoes on and say "wow, he has on (insert shoe) on, those are dope!!" Or knowing you have on something so materialistic, that other people don't somehow makes you feel special?

That's how a kid, or an very insecure person thinks or a hypebeast in my opinion.

I don't know your age but the "sneaker game" was designed for people who loved shoes to get them. Standing in to get raffle tickets JUST TO PURCHASE is not sexy neither is buying bots, or buying to flip... I'm glad more shoes are being produced and I don't care what other men have on their feet. If I like, I cop and rock.

Since you feel that way, there are other things you can do with $220+ bro, but I digress...

This thread took a downhill turn. So what's gonna be the new hypebeast go-to?

nah B still salty i don't have like 5 pairs actually had to spend bread on these (Retail). tho i flipped some DB's so that helped

salt salt salt salt :lol:

As some have already noted, the most iconic sneakers in history were flooded on the market. And they’re STILL special.

The fact that you feel that way says way more about you (and your friends) than it does a pair of sneakers or this shoe thing we all engage in.

If you like the sneaker, you like the sneaker. Shouldn’t matter who or how many other people are wearing them. I think we can all appreciate that feeling of exclusivity that comes with a “rare” pair, but never would I let the lack of that feeling change my mind about a model/colorway/etc. Like edshoecator edshoecator already noted, that’s that elitist mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom