ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't imagine giving up my blk/red. Wearing mine right now and they are so ****** clean and versatile, but like you said opinions are opinions... but some opinions are just wrong
laugh.gif

Stockx data has always been wack. Just look at FC and GOAT sales, that's the most reliable indicator.

Yeezy resale has been on the decline with the new releases, with zebras being the exception - presumably bc more pairs have been available.
I've sold and bought on flight club a few times. They (can) have that mark up, taxing, because they know everyone knows their name. I don't feel the prices are reflection of the "market" though. The high price, which others THINK is the the market, is due to the name and traffic they get. Their clientele comes from everywhere; from sneaker enthusiast to celebrities to Joe Shmos. What they sell and how much they sell it, to me, does not accurately reflect the market. For an example, I've seen shoes that would sell at other places for $500. But then you go to FC the shoe is going for $1507. The additional $7 being a "JUST BECAUSE we're FC"-fee. 

I also don't agree with GOAT either. I've requesting to sell with them a little over a month now, still waiting approval. In the meantime, they have the "Add you shoes while you wait." so I started adding my shoes to my profile. My issue: If the company is reputable and competitive as you and others they say they are, I would make sure that all shoes are available in their app/database. But instead I can't find my shoes, they ASKED ME (through their app) to look at google image to identify and request for them to add the sneaker, so I can add it to my profile to sell. I mean, I wasn't selling 1 of 1s or anything. But I would think you would have Columbia 11s, Maroon 6s, the black chrome 8s and some others GR already in your library. So, for me, makes it seem like they're not ready, or not completely put together. If they're as reputable as you make them out to be, people wouldn't need to go through those hurdles. 

StockX, in the other hand, for the most part, has their setup together. Less fees, thought it could always be lower lol And! they immediately let everyone sell and have 95% of the shoes available. They even have shoe's others wouldn't expect to be on there. Why must someone request to sell, wait for 30+ days, when at the end of the day,  everyone is going to be approved anyways? With StockX, you download the app, sign up, and sell away. GOATs processes aren't all there, (yet). To give StockX more credit, I don't think 'big wig companies,' like TNT/NBA, Mitchell and Ness, and people like Lebron and the Cavs would TEAM UP with a company to sell, on of a kind and limited packages of shoes and NBA TILES..... NBA TILES! Played by [one of] the greatest himself... [End tangent] Anyways, those companies/people would not put their names on the line if they knew that everything wasn't "up to par." 

But that's just my 2 cents. Everyone has their opinions and their preferences. Companies have their own individual flaws and also their advantages. But comparing the 3 mentioned. I think StockX has it "together" more, as far as their processes and business model, I guess. But again, just my 2 cents lol 

No, i have OG whites, all white uncaged, creams, white stan smiths, pure boosts... i have an affinity for white shoes.. just my thing I guess..

I prefer them and have enough rotation  to take care of them and not beat them up too too bad lol ... I just cant get down wh the "food service" look of the all black V2's 
All white shoes are super meh.
White on white is always a clean look. I just hate wearing white on white and having that feeling that I have be super attentive everywhere I go. One wrong step, or step in the wrong place, and it's over for the whites lol I probably have a handful of white shoes my oldest ones are the Silver Anniversary Jordan Retro 4s from 2010. I've worn them, maybe, 3 times and haven't worn them since, nor any of my other whites. lol 

But black on black..... you can't every go wrong with the  black on black on black on black, with a hint or black, and a touch of black. White on white, and black on black are clean in their own ways though. lol 

i was waiting to get approved to sell on GOAT for months so last month i decided to hit them up and apparently you have to send them pics of 4 shoes you want to sell then they look at the pics and approve your account

so hit them up and they will tell you where to send the pics

you dont have to wait

hope this helps

just sold my 750s on there

I don't take FC's selling prices to be market.

For any of the platforms just look at what your take home would be and that gets you to the ballpark.  Zebras net you 1400 in most sizes right now from FC, and most GOAT sales are in the 1300-1400 net range.  StockX fees are significantly higher than GOAT if you're grandfathered in to not pay the 2.9% fee right now.  Overall, all platforms have their pros and cons.

and LOL at your suggestion of StockX's backers making it legitimate yet not the same for GOAT.  GOAT has raised over $30 mil in VC funding from well known VC firms.  StockX's affiliations are solely bc of Dan Gilbert's ownership and therefore incentive to continue investing.  I haven't seen any press around third party investors in StockX.

Last edited:

I don't take FC's selling prices to be market.

For any of the platforms just look at what your take home would be and that gets you to the ballpark.  Zebras net you 1400 in most sizes right now from FC, and most GOAT sales are in the 1300-1400 net range.  StockX fees are significantly higher than GOAT if you're grandfathered in to not pay the 2.9% fee right now.  Overall, all platforms have their pros and cons.

and LOL at your suggestion of StockX's backers making it legitimate yet not the same for GOAT.  GOAT has raised over $30 mil in VC funding from well known VC firms.  StockX's affiliations are solely bc of Dan Gilbert's ownership and therefore incentive to continue investing.  I haven't seen any press around third party investors in StockX.
Stockx has third-party funders.....and actually they have some third-party funders in common with GOAT. GOAT has had more rounds of capital raising then Stockx so it seems a bit unfair to judge the '30M' numbers to Stockx. 

yeah, I'm not saying stockx isn't legit.  was using it more as a counter to his argument that goat somehow isn't a real player or a subscale operation.

i see now that stockx just closed a $6mm round in feb.  i know goat did a $5mm round last spring and then another $25mm round a few months ago

Not always, Zebras were selling for like 2.4k at release netting the seller about 1.9k which was about 300 above market
That's because that was the market for zebras then. MP changes. Price on fligh club has adjusted with current market price

Im
Selling or Buying?

Im considering buying Belguas so I don't dog my moonrocks.

In May 2016, I took my moonrocks down to southbeach....
buying

got the "sneakers on the way to goat for verification" email on 3/18 and nothing since

didnt think itd take this long

FC prices is the market when you take off the 20%
not always. The market isnt based on what sellers net its based on what buyer pay. FC is just top of the market.

hate when dudes try to bargain with me tell me about what i'll take in after fees. If pairs are moving quickly on goat, stockx, and those other places as long as my price is cheaper (regardless of what sellers fees are) we're both winning. 

Last edited:
not always. The market isnt based on what sellers net its based on what buyer pay. FC is just top of the market.

hate when dudes try to bargain with me tell me about what i'll take in after fees. If pairs are moving quickly on goat, stockx, and those other places as long as my price is cheaper (regardless of what sellers fees are) we're both winning. 
It's still market

What are the Bred V2s/Pirate Black V2s going for right now in a size 9.5? I'm meeting up with someone next week for his size 9.5, DS for 550 USD.

Last edited:

What are the Bred V2s/Pirate Black V2s going for right now in a size 9.5? I'm meeting up with someone next week for his size 9.5, DS for 550 USD.
That's a decent price. I just sold my pair size 9 for $610 on GOAT. Stock X prices are around $595

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom