ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said that but can we agree that Nike made it cool to wear joggers? Cause only soccer kids were rocking them since wayyyy back in the day and were usually clowned at school.

Ye does nothing but steal fads from Europe and wears them in the u.s.

90% of this board swore off tall tees but add a slouch neck and a heathered color it's "high fashion"? Na!
No, Nike didn't make it cool to wear joggers. Nike made joggers more widely available in larger sizes. And, Nike has brand prestige that some other brands don't have 

Last edited:
Fly knit and Roshe released. Next season, Adidas releases the copy.

Ain't no reach, just open your eyes
nike has nothing comparable to a tubular, take a look at the y-3 qasa released before the roshe, that's where the tubular is from, they wanted to make it affordable for more people

Fly knit and Roshe released. Next season, Adidas releases the copy.

Ain't no reach, just open your eyes
This 
adidas-zx-8000-aqua-retro-05.jpg

influenced  this
101915.jpg

and this
adidas-y3-qasa-high-black-white-1-570x400.jpg

influenced  this 
adidas-Originals-Tubular-Runner-Black-White-1.jpg

NOT this 
nike-roshe-run-womens

Last edited:

Really, the tech fleece is a rip off of styles I've seen HBA and Public School and maybe even Ralph Lauren's Black Label bring for a minute. Nike is just bringing those styles to a larger market at a cheaper price. But, keep on thinking Nike determines what's stylish. 
Never said that but can we agree that Nike made it cool to wear joggers? Cause only soccer kids were rocking them since wayyyy back in the day and were usually clowned at school.

Ye does nothing but steal fads from Europe and wears them in the u.s.

90% of this board swore off tall tees but add a slouch neck and a heathered color it's "high fashion"? Na!
I figured the Jogger caught steam before Nike touched it. Ala Ronnie Fieg. Could be wrong though, certainly wouldn't be the first time lol

Pic of the shoes on a regular guy, with regular pants. They look really subtle from what I can see from the angle

Pic of the shoes on a regular guy, with regular pants. They look really subtle from what I can see from the angle

It looks like hes wearing sandals with no socks. I'm sure his toes are painted really cute too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Balmain made joggers cool. In fact I didn't even know Nike made joggers until just now.

Last edited:
Don't forget this is Adidas first batch be limited then wide spread like they did with ZX Flux. Every other person will be wearing yeezy then everyone be in this thread crying about seeing them too much. Nike will keep there loyal customers cuz of it. THE END

Adidas as a whole is definitely going in the right direction. They have plenty nice models, which look great and are really comfortable 

I don't think that Nike has made joggers popular, they made them more basic and available for the public .

IMO there are two different type of joggers: 1. casual, which look simple and are more connected to sports  2. "fashion" joggers, which have more details and have a different fit

Balmain made joggers cool. In fact I didn't even know Nike made joggers until just now.
If Nike does something cats swear they're the first because they don't know better. Now, Nike did make the first joggers that fit me. 

This 
adidas-zx-8000-aqua-retro-05.jpg

influenced  this
101915.jpg

and this
adidas-y3-qasa-high-black-white-1-570x400.jpg

influenced  this 
adidas-Originals-Tubular-Runner-Black-White-1.jpg

NOT this 
nike-roshe-run-womens

Worded it wrong. Zx was a mid to late 80s shoe that didn't evolve till fly knit and Roshe was introduced. Essentially, Nike forced Adidas into bringing out the an affordable y-3

I figured the Jogger caught steam before Nike touched it. Ala Ronnie Fieg. Could be wrong though, certainly wouldn't be the first time lol

Only skinny dudes were wearing them.

Don't forget this is Adidas first batch be limited then wide spread like they did with ZX Flux. Every other person will be wearing yeezy then everyone be in this thread crying about seeing them too much. Nike will keep there loyal customers cuz of it. THE END
General release > limited release

I don't mind if a lot of people wear the same shoe, it's only about what I like to wear. 

Additionally only a certain group of people would wear the yeezys and thats definitely not the mayor part of people. There are so many people out there, which don't know that he released shoes and they don't care

General release > limited release

I don't mind if a lot of people wear the same shoe, it's only about what I like to wear. 

Additionally only a certain group of people would wear the yeezys and thats definitely not the mayor part of people. There are so many people out there, which don't know that he released shoes and they don't care
Yup. I know plenty of people who have no idea he designed sneakers for Nike let alone clothing for other companies  as well. 

I also think a lot of people in here are too close to hiphop and shoes in general, thinking that Ye is going to make a difference.  Beyoncé - her fanbase is HUGE, LadyGaga HUGE etc.  Diddy.. Jay.. monsters.

Nike has lots of options and money to collab a shoe.  Nike and Adidas aren't fashion houses and cant compete with the luxury shoe market, they need to stay in their lane and Nike is a big rig barreling down on Adidas' Micra

I also think a lot of people in here are too close to hiphop and shoes in general, thinking that Ye is going to make a difference.  Beyoncé - her fanbase is HUGE, LadyGaga HUGE etc.  Diddy.. Jay.. monsters.

Nike has lots of options and money to collab a shoe.  Nike and Adidas aren't fashion houses and cant compete with the luxury shoe market, they need to stay in their lane and Nike is a big rig barreling down on Adidas' Micra
Adidas actually is competing in luxury shoe market.. Y-3.. Rick owens.. Raf Simons..

a general release would be great to weed out the hypebeasts who just want something limited and resellers just trying to take advantage

and maybe you dudes that are just in here to be negative would find something better to do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom