ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
seem like they would look really good with joggers

sucks for me cuz I don't wear joggers but those that do will finesse

these j lorenzo pics are the cleanest ones yet. Anywho, $350 is still a no go.

$250 might change it for me, we'll see.

1661153_1377692122544868_502072450_n.jpg

Only picture I like how they look

Yeezys all on your sofa

line will be shown the 12th, reservations opens the 13th for NYC people only for pick up at the adidas store on soho. at least thats my guess. don't know if this is for the shoes or for the whole line
False. 

Last edited:
If you believed in yourself, and had the money to fund your own line, then why not?

Think about it.

Jerry Lorenzo...Own line.
Don C....Own line.
Virgil....own line.
Ye....tantrums from one brand to the next.

I think we can all agree that him being married and knocking up Kim K is more innovative than this shoe, right?

:lol:
:lol:

None of those lines happen with out kanye
for good sakes the man got his barber the foot in the door to diamond supply.

I think that's kind of the point.

If Kanye can make other people's brands happen, why doesn't he invest his finances and resources in his own line and his own designs and make them happen rather than rant and rave about his unpleasant experiences with OTHER designers/fashion houses?

Kanye is clearly a great marketing vehicle. He has a legion of outlandishly passionate fans (almost disturbing at times) who will watch and follow his every move. Which is why he can propel those brands.

Kanye as designer is still unproven. Which seems to be why he isn't being handed the creative control he wants by many of the brands he works with.

Months ago someone said that there will be two versions. I limited one (higher quality one) then there will be a GR version. I'm thinking that's were the solar red ones come in. If that's true I'll be very upset because these suede ones are more my style.
ohwell.gif

Months ago someone said that there will be two versions. I limited one (higher quality one) then there will be a GR version. I'm thinking that's were the solar red ones come in. If that's true I'll be very upset because these suede ones are more my style.
ohwell.gif
nah, these boots looking one is supposedly called the Yeezy 750 Boost. The photo from the Adidas web shop in Hungary shows the colorway Solar Red and the name of the shoe is Yeezy 750 Boost. Though I bet that the lower end/GR/widely available ones will get a Solar Red treatment as well. 

Adidas actually is competing in luxury shoe market.. Y-3.. Rick owens.. Raf Simons..
That's like saying Nike is competing in the luxury shoe market cause they collabed with Ricardo Tisci.  They aren't a drop in the ocean when it comes to luxury shoe market

Hope you are right man
You live in NYC? I signed up with the app. If i get lucky I'll let y'all know how it goes. I think these will be plenty as Adidas has to compete with All star weekend and get the hype ready for Fashion Week the following monday. I want the suede joints but I'll see what the solar red joints are about. I think either way, these will be like Y-3 joints: expensive and regularly stocked. They won't sit but they won't sell out same day either. 

See with that sort of philosophy your company would never grow. Like I mentioned earlier, the fashion menswear market outside of athletic apparel is too profitable of a market for the likes of Nike and Adidas to ignore. They must enter these markets because the money is potentially too good. 
Nike has no problem growing lol, but trying to brand yourself in luxury or fashion after being in sportswear for YEARS is not an easy thing to do. 

Nike has no problem growing lol, but trying to brand yourself in luxury or fashion after being in sportswear for YEARS is not an easy thing to do. 
The collabs help. Those Tisci joints got a lot of praise. But those Air Jordan Shines were trash. 

You live in NYC? I signed up with the app. If i get lucky I'll let y'all know how it goes. I think these will be plenty as Adidas has to compete with All star weekend and get the hype ready for Fashion Week the following monday. I want the suede joints but I'll see what the solar red joints are about. I think either way, these will be like Y-3 joints: expensive and regularly stocked. They won't sit but they won't sell out same day either. 
Nope. I live in NY but in the zone. However I do have a friend in Queens who is going to try to get me a pair.

The collabs help. Those Tisci joints got a lot of praise. But those Air Jordan Shines were trash. 
I get it, but that doesn't turn you into a fashion house.  Adidas and Nike are sportswear, Fashion is outside of their realm.  I mean sure they make some non athletic gear, but if Adidas thinks its hard competing against Nike, then it will be a nightmare trying to keep up with LVMH, H & M Hennes & Mauritz, Kering etc.  They would eat Adidas in that world.

Nope. I live in NY but in the zone. However I do have a friend in Queens who is going to try to get me a pair.
I think the app is in the right direction. Let people try it on online and have em pick it up at the store. It still might be chaos unless they do like H&M and give you a specific time to come get your shoes 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom