ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the vibe that adidas and yeezy really just wanna put as much product as possible out there. have every kid wearing the yeezy brand just like the jumpman and jordans. i mean lets not forget ye did say "i wanna be bigger than walmart"

i got the vibe that adidas and yeezy really just wanna put as much product as possible out there. have every kid wearing the yeezy brand just like the jumpman and jordans. i mean lets not forget ye did say "i wanna be bigger than walmart"
I feel like this is exactly it. I feel like Ye and adidas wants the product to be limited and somewhat exclusive, hence the 350 price tag, but I feel like Ye wants all of his fans to be able to purchase a pair. In the end, people won't end up getting pairs like every somewhat limited release and will have to hit ebay.

It does make sense for them to sell them in large quantities. For both Ye and Addidas

Last edited:
yeah Adidas isn't gonna f around, they know the Yeezy line can generate significant revenue and they're gonna milk it

why Nike wouldn't just do the same thing is the mystery. after the success of the Y1, the Y2 should have been mass produced

Anyone know the how they fit size wise? hear 1-1/2 size down..........
full size down apparently. i.e. if you're a true 10, get a 9.

im a 10.5, so im gonna try for a 9.5 (if they're made in a 9.5, if not then a 10).

Last edited:

full size down apparently. i.e. if you're a true 10, get a 9.

im a 10.5, so im gonna try for a 9.5.
thought there were no half sizes? I'm guessing if your like me an are a 10.5, a 9 will be the best. I'd rather them be a little snug than be boats

yeah Adidas isn't gonna f around, they know the Yeezy line can generate significant revenue and they're gonna milk it

why Nike wouldn't just do the same thing is the mystery. after the success of the Y1, the Y2 should have been mass produced
Prob Greed on Nike's end

Nah. Making them limited creates hype.

yeah they still coulda made way more pairs then they did tho. NYC alone is probably gonna have more pairs of the Yeezy Boosts then the entire world had of the Y2

only the real diehard fans will be copping if they are massively available, bye bye resellers

yeah it seems like half of everybody trying to cop on Friday/Saturday is in it just to resell. if one Champs is gonna have 500 pairs I really don't see them making a profit. their just aren't that many people able or willing to spend 350 plus tax on a sneaker

Last edited:

You have to wonder what sort of talks happened between him and Nike. It was blatantly clear by the time the Yeezy 2's released that his shoes were not like other endorsement collaborations that come up once in awhile, he was getting a lot of attention.

I think mostly above anything, it's just pride and confidence in their brand. I mean, people were going crazy for that "Yeezy" Foam that used the same colorway. There has to be someone at Nike deliberately making these decisions to make money off that venture, even though their relationship crumbled. I would say other than that, they clearly just didn't care about Kanye. 

There is no mystery there. 

Look at how Nike/Jordan brand handle their other popular products.

Seeing how well the Jordan 1 OG royal sold, you would think they would flood the market with future releases.

Instead, they keep making 1 off and mids that sit on the shelf.

Then they  released the Black/Red colorway in limited numbers.  

There is no mystery there. 

Look at how Nike/Jordan brand handle their other popular products.

Seeing how well the Jordan 1 OG royal sold, you would think they would flood the market with future releases.

Instead, they keep making 1 off and mids that sit on the shelf.

Then they  released the Black/Red colorway in limited numbers.  

Jordan is able to make the same shoes every 4 years because they don't flood the market with them.

I think thats a better plan than widely releasing it one time.

Jordan is able to make the same shoes every 4 years because they don't flood the market with them.

I think thats a better plan than widely releasing it one time.
I keep forgetting  that retros are Jordan Brand's bread and butter.

I guess it makes sense to keep numbers limited so the people who missed the last time will try the next time.

Where Adidas is reinventing itself with all these cool new models.

This all comes from the random Yeezy account on twitter. He has been first on everything whether it's info about what's going on or certain pictures. It's beleived he is Wex from adidas. He's said multiple times that there are plenty of pairs.

:pimp: Still not gonna get my hopes up yet, but this is good news.

I keep forgetting  that retros are Jordan Brand's bread and butter.

I guess it makes sense to keep numbers limited so the people who missed the last time will try the next time.

Where Adidas is reinventing itself with all these cool new models.

Nike seems to have the "make it hard for you to get the shoe." And this works, while you have a hold on the market. But at some point the people are going to be turned away by this...especially if they have options

I think Adi is doing a good job of managing the hype by staggered drops, apps for release, and actually having enough shoes that the people who want them can have them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom