ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan is able to make the same shoes every 4 years because they don't flood the market with them.

I think thats a better plan than widely releasing it one time.
i mean they could have released the Yeezys in Jordan numbers, GR Jordans are pretty mass produced and its not like the people who copped dont try to cop again with every restock and re-release

Most likely this is old news, but today I found the link to sign up for "first to know" email notifications about the collection (assuming that this sign-up is anything different from the regular Adidas newsletter).

http://www.adidas.com/us/Kanye?SSAID=389818&SSAID=389818

If this is indeed old, has anyone received anything of interest yet? Not expecting much, but figured it was worth asking.

Last edited:
Nike seems to have the "make it hard for you to get the shoe." And this works, while you have a hold on the market. But at some point the people are going to be turned away by this...especially if they have options

I think Adi is doing a good job of managing the hype by staggered drops, apps for release, and actually having enough shoes that the people who want them can have them
This is exactly where I am at.  I am so tired of trying to give Nike my money, but they want me to jump through hoops to do so. 

It feels so good to be able to walk into a store and just buy what you want without raffles, camping, store employees trying to sell on the side. 

There have been several Jordan releases that I wasn't able to get because of limited stock and i was like "there is always next week."

It just so happen that next week it will be Adidas turn and all that money saved will allow me to cop

the Adidas Xeno Flux, Tubular Moc, and the Yeezy Boost.

I'm really excited to try new things.

Last edited:
While I am glad that there will be plenty to go around for everyone who wants a pair, I think it is a better strategy to release a limited supply. If I am spending $350 on a pair of shoes I don't want to see someone wearing them everywhere I go. Someone in KD 7 thread said that was one of the reasons why he was picking up the KD 7 Ext Floral over any of the Jordans coming out this weekend, you want to have something special. If its a pair of shoes that is sitting on the shelves I would rather get 3 pairs of $100 shoes that are sitting on the shelves there are tons of options from adidas, asics AND nike.

buy a shoe cause you like it , and don't worry about all that extra stuff 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
While I am glad that there will be plenty to go around for everyone who wants a pair, I think it is a better strategy to release a limited supply. If I am spending $350 on a pair of shoes I don't want to see someone wearing them everywhere I go.

and you won't BECAUSE they cost 350$

Last edited:

While I am glad that there will be plenty to go around for everyone who wants a pair, I think it is a better strategy to release a limited supply. If I am spending $350 on a pair of shoes I don't want to see someone wearing them everywhere I go.
That's never been an issue for me because I'm old school. 

Back in the day there were no retros and you only had one model of a Jordan shoe per year to worry about.

Not everybody could afford Jordans so you didn't see everybody with them.

Some shoes just need to be GR everything can't be limited.

Gucci sneaker are in the $350+ price range and they are not limited, but you don't see everyone wearing them.

Not everyone will relate to this style of shoe so I think you will be safe.

While I am glad that there will be plenty to go around for everyone who wants a pair, I think it is a better strategy to release a limited supply. If I am spending $350 on a pair of shoes I don't want to see someone wearing them everywhere I go. Someone in KD 7 thread said that was one of the reasons why he was picking up the KD 7 Ext Floral over any of the Jordans coming out this weekend, you want to have something special. If its a pair of shoes that is sitting on the shelves I would rather get 3 pairs of $100 shoes that are sitting on the shelves there are tons of options from adidas, asics AND nike.
eyes.gif

You aint special. No matter what shoe you own from these major brands, there are thousands of others who has the same shoe.

This all comes from the random Yeezy account on twitter. He has been first on everything whether it's info about what's going on or certain pictures. It's beleived he is Wex from adidas. He's said multiple times that there are plenty of pairs.

What's the account?

I also think they count on us having the concepts of exclusivity, limited, and uniqueness mixed up. What everyone really wants is unique. But they try to create that falsely under the guise of exclusivity & limited (whether inflated price or low supply).

I like the y750's because the design is cool to me, and I am interested in the boost technology. I am also excited about possibly getting a cool shoe that i won't have to trade an actual car for (re: galaxy foams for Chevy cavalier) lol

dudes in here only buying shoes to stand out.. just buy what u like and fits your style, and leave it at that. stop worrying what everyone else is doing or wearing.

I'm buying them to wear as house slippers. They look comfy as hell to me. I think Kanye had the right idea. Wear some sweats and just eat a pizza to the face.

Im over here in Germany right now....and the buzz for these is crazy.....cant wait for the worldwide release....

If anybody's......

A. In the NYC area

B. Doesn't want these

C. Just so happens to be in the "old-days/help out the community" mood

Let me know....

Ehhh I see people in those Balenciaga sneakers everyday and they're not cheap. Although a higher price can be a barrier, it doesn't meant people won't try to go out of their way to find the means to get them. Finding $350 to spend on shoes is not that big of a deal, especially in places like New York. Exclusivity is probably the last factor I think about when buying sneakers.

If you pay resell prices, then I have a bridge to sell you for the low price of $5k, paypal gift or western union only.

This all comes from the random Yeezy account on twitter. He has been first on everything whether it's info about what's going on or certain pictures. It's beleived he is Wex from adidas. He's said multiple times that there are plenty of pairs.

what's the Twitter name?

on the app it shows a sz chart which only shows full szs, i hope theres half szs...

So far almost every box pics we've seen, it's all full sizes. And last time I bought limited Consortium adidas, they didn't come in half sizes. Also Jay Z wears a size 10.5 but he got a size 9 in these boosts

I'm a
So far almost every box pics we've seen, it's all full sizes. And last time I bought limited Consortium adidas, they didn't come in half sizes. Also Jay Z wears a size 10.5 but he got a size 9 in these boosts

I'm a 12.5/13 and I'm thinking of getting an 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom