ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
120$ for a pair of sweatpants....I can't swallow that :lol:

The ridiculous price tag is what makes Nike apparel crap to me.

I like nice clothes.........but

All my Nike apparel comes from Marshalls

No way I would pay Nike store price I get what I can find F that. Buy your tech fleece sweats if it makes you feel good I guess we all spend differently at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I've been saying this and then I get a warning from mods when I'm just tryna make sure NT fam doesn't get scammed.
They always put up retail pairs on the day of releases so that people will preorder. The finished product won't be the same—it will be good, but it will have flaws.

Oh yeah, one more thing and is a demographic Nike isn't really touching Adidas in right now is the appeal to the ladies, I know quite a few girls that spent all last night trying to land a pair of Yeezys for themselves...never have I seen that with a pair of nikes....say what you want about Ye, but this dude got it on lock....he creates hype with simply having his wife post a pic on her IG and locks down the female demographic with that....phenomenal.

I feel like the resell on Tans is gonna go up real quick. These seem to be the rarest 350s other than TDs at this point. I guess we'll know more about the market once everyone gets their online orders in later this week/early next week and most likely "floods" the market. 

I like nice clothes.........but

All my Nike apparel comes from Marshalls

No way I would pay Nike store price I get what I can find F that. Buy your tech fleece sweats if it makes you feel good I guess we all spend differently at the end of the day.

Exactly....wife once gifted me a pair of Nike joggin shorts, cost her 80$ :stoneface:

120$ for a pair of sweatpants....I can't swallow that
laugh.gif

The ridiculous price tag is what makes Nike apparel crap to me.
They ususally go on sale near the end of year but obsession with nike justifies the price for me

Stop it 5

UB's are a huge competitor, Fashion bloggers, specially female ones are drilling Stan Smiths down everyone of their followers throats, the classic Shelltoes have been staple shoes for a good 2 decades.

Adidas apparel >>>>>>>>>> Nike's over priced garbage.

If it wasn't for flyknit and lunar glide tech Nike would be at much more of a disadvantage if we talking about current status, because like I said before no matter the numbers it will literally take decades for any brand to dethrone Nike.

Adidas is popping with or without Ye, of course having him on their side gives them even more of an edge and fashion pull....Nike execs ain't losing sleep over losing Kanye, but letting him go was still a mistake IMO

Kanyes pop culture influence is too strong.
Some good points, and yet Adidas is still falling behind in the overall athletic sportswear market. Adidas is making major strides in the "sneakerhead" and fashion worlds, but Nike is absolutely crushing them in every other category. In fact, the emergence of Steph Curry and Cam Newton make Under Armor a potential problem.  Unless Kanye's influence can reach beyond hyped sneakers and fashion, Adidas will always play second, third, or fourth fiddle to Nike.

Personally, I think adidas is producing relatively the same amount of 350s across the board. It seems like that is their 'GR' version of Yeezys. 750s are the rarer model.

I like the basic neutral colors. I think they suit the 350 the best. If they come out in some tacky bright colors I'm going to be mad. Just my personal preference I guess.
If you've seen Kanye's style, you'd know bright colors aren't his thing. He's all about the neutral/earth tone palette so that's not gonna happen. Even when he had the solars and the blinks, the pinks were subtle and didn't overpower the sneaker. I can see 350's coming out in brown, olive green, possible red, navy blue, offwhite, etc.  

Oh yeah, one more thing and is a demographic Nike isn't really touching Adidas in right now is the appeal to the ladies, I know quite a few girls that spent all last night trying to land a pair of Yeezys for themselves...never have I seen that with a pair of nikes....say what you want about Ye, but this dude got it on lock....he creates hype with simply having his wife post a pic on her IG and locks down the female demographic with that....phenomenal.
this is a very good observation... I actually get more compliments from ladies when I wear my yeezys than I do from dudes .. 
nthat.gif

in fact, two of my girl friends from work told me how bad they want a pair of 350s 
sick.gif
 ...that NEVER happened before

They always put up retail pairs on the day of releases so that people will preorder. The finished product won't be the same—it will be good, but it will have flaws.

This wasn't from today

Oxford reps been out my buddy on whatsapp showed me also

Yes I talk to a Chinese Rep Man

All I do is talk to people online all day, correct.

Some good points, and yet Adidas is still falling behind in the overall athletic sportswear market. Adidas is making major strides in the "sneakerhead" and fashion worlds, but Nike is absolutely crushing them in every other category. In fact, the emergence of Steph Curry and Cam Newton make Under Armor a potential problem.  Unless Kanye's influence can reach beyond hyped sneakers and fashion, Adidas will always play second, third, or fourth fiddle to Nike.

Yeah bro, no matter what...Nike is cruising at a level that no brand will even get close to for years to come....Nike practically had a monopoly for over a decade on what was cool....I say 7 years ago you would get laughed at for copping a pair of Adidas or Reeboks over nikes, air max technology was unmatched, foamposites, etc...Nike been at the top for tooooooo long....there is no way for any other brand to catch up...least not now, only way is by I say a decade of decline popularity and quality ok Nikes behalf paired with the exact opposite from Adidas....basically turning the tide...and I seriously don't see that happening, but as a personal preference I'm loving Adidas with or without Kanye, SL loops pulled me in and the UBs are just amazing.

I can't find a DS size 10 pair of MR's to save my life. Besides eBay. Scared of the fakes. [emoji]128544[/emoji]

Do you guys also get denim stains on the inside of your 350s? I'm wondering if its possible to clean them.

:rofl:

keep telling yourself that. How many times have white ultraboosts sold out ? a million restocks and they still sellout.
yeah you shouldnt add. 

Ultra boosts actually look good. The white 350s look like **** and don't even seem to have prime knit or a pattern - they're made of like plain white terry cloth. I love 350s and idk if I'd even wear the whites, unless they redo the CW and add an off white pattern and knit

this is a very good observation... I actually get more compliments from ladies when I wear my yeezys than I do from dudes .. :nthat:

in fact, two of my girl friends from work told me how bad they want a pair of 350s :x  ...that NEVER happened before

Is NOT a joke, my homegirl hitting me up about the 750's I had....she thought they were her size

View media item 1848197
My sisternlaw last night camping on the releases
View media item 1848198
Diego couldn't land a pair for himself but got his girl a pair, my wife is not into sneakers but she got up with me and was on ADC this morning trying to get a pair for herself....I've never witnessed this interest from girls for a pair of kicks....makes me smile because at least now they understand why we as men love this culture so much...or at least what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom