ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell did you do so many Jordan cws 
laugh.gif

Couldn't fathom paying 1500 dollars for a sweatshop produced Chinese sneaker. I'm not trying to tell people how to spend their money but man....some of you really know how to piss it away.
Almost anything you get is produced in a sweatshop factory somewhere in Asia. It might be assembled in Italy or the US, but the materials are cut from the same fabric in Asia

Last edited:
I don't get how he dropped the ball on the contract. His MAIN priorities was his freedom to create and to get royalties, mass producing it was probably 3rd on his list. It's not a one time deal, there will be more adidas x kanye collab, so what the 1st collection is limited?

production numbers were definitely one of things he wanted more control over, he doesn't mess with the concept of exclusitivity

I feel like every time he brought up availablity in a meeting Adidas probably switched the subject on him quick as hell lol or gave him a vague blow off answer

i remember when I was a kid I'd ask my mom for something and she'd kinda say yes so I'd stop asking, but then never get it

production numbers were definitely one of things he wanted more control over, he doesn't mess with the concept of exclusitivity

I feel like every time he brought up availablity in a meeting Adidas probably switched the subject on him quick as hell lol or gave him a vague blow off answer

i remember when I was a kid I'd ask my mom for something and she'd kinda say yes so I'd stop asking, but then never get it
yeah to get his product out to everybody at affordable prices was definitely on his list, but I'm pretty sure he wanted  the freedom more to create whatever he wanted with no limitations like Nike put on him. 

What???????????????????????????????????????

Kanye doesn't know his self-worth bro? 

HUH????
Kanye is not confident enough to venture on his own.

His Pastel venture tanked and now he has cold feet.

My point was he had to do a lot of compromising to where he has contradicted his vision.

I know he needs to start somewhere, but if he believed in his brand (himself)

Why not use another established company like RoccaWear, Sean John?

Last edited:

Kanye is not confident enough to venture on his own.

His Pastel venture tanked and now he has cold feet.

My point was he had to do a lot of compromising to where he has contradicted his vision.

I know he needs to start somewhere, but if he believed in his brand (himself)

Why not use another established company like RoccaWear, Sean John?
apparently he did venture on his own, but lost $13 million dollars in the process because he couldn't get either the cost of the material or the production down. Look how well Sean John and Rocawear is doing in terms of clothing.... not.

Even if you release 5 times the amount pairs then were actually released Adidas would STILL sell out at the $350 price point, and you would satisfy a much bigger base of people.

granted, everybody still wouldn't cook, but it would allow many more people the opportunity to cop.

These things still would sell out instantly, and would still command a hefty after-market premium. REGARDLESS.

I'm just curious as to why only, literally, a handful of pairs. Obviously they're not gonna produce 500k pairs, but there is a happy medium, I don't understand why Adidas wouldn't want to maximize profits on the first launch.

save me with that "testing the market' bs.

Ok prove me wrong, name 5 high fashion items where the materials are not made in Asia somewhere. 

China.. not everything is made in a sweatshop in China.

Last edited:
All items that were being purchased prior to the 'Ye. Do you think Y-3 sales have increased due to people not being able to grab the Boost?

I know that I haven't looked at anything else.
Bruh they sell out and restock all the time esp the Y-3. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom