ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder how the stores draw the raffle winners when you fill in your size on the ticket. Lets say they have 12 pairs. Do they draw 12 tickets or they keep drawing until they find the winners for each size available.

Say 500 people enter the raffle for a pair of size 9. Your chances of winning will be slim af. But if you enter the raffle for a pair of size 12s with maybe 20 people entered for...your chances of winning will be much higher. Right????
depends on the store, some stores will draw winner and lets say the first winner picked a size 9 and theres only 1 size 9. He'll get that pair, then they draw another winner who also picked a size 9, the store will either redraw until another size OR they will let that second winner pick a size from whatever's left.

I've had both scenarios happen to me. And also depends on how shady the store is, maybe not a single person will win a size 9 if an employee can get the dibs to it first

Last edited:
It wasnt directed at you, but just in general.

Here's the thing, anyone who gets them tomorrow. They are just going to list them at the same high prices that everyone else lists their pairs at. The best people to target are the people who have been trying to sell their NY pairs since the 14th and have been sitting on a $375 shoe for the past two weeks. If you're looking for someone desperate to sell, it would likely be one of them. 

Yeah I see what you're saying but it's kinda hard for me to do that since I'm no where near NY. I checked Craigslist and half the people don't reply and they don't have too many 8s available.

how do you know if you don't have a pair? Anybody with a pair can tell you the quality is on point. 
I just meant lower quality compared to the boots I ordered. I'm sure the Yeezy quality is fine (save for a few broken zippers here and there)

how do you know if you don't have a pair? Anybody with a pair can tell you the quality is on point. 
Quality of the suede is very good and the soles are solid. No messy glue stains or crap like that on my pair. Just because they're adidas doesn't mean theyre low quality. I'd say these stack up well to a lot of the high fashion sneakers available.

Only problem is the zipper breaking and the picture of the lace loop popping off. Is it a craftsmanship problem or the owner?

yea thats misleading on their end, but I dont think its enough for them to come out and explain themselves on why they wont use the app anymore.
thats what I'm saying. It sounds like their original plan was to use the app for future yeezy releases in other cities. Wouldn't have made sense they designed a whole app that was only used for a weekend, waste of R&D to me. But now how they're pushing the 750 release online and boutiques only so far, it doesn't sound like the app is gonna get used. Who knows though..

Adidas store in Atlanta isn't getting them... Every store that I thought may have been getting them [emoji]128078[/emoji] all bad. Thought WishATL would get them (they claimed they wouldn't know if they were getting until today...just utter BS). There ain't no way in hell I'm paying $1k+ for a sz9. I'm really feeling like f*** this shoe overall, it's too much of an 'where's Waldo' game attached to releases like this.

Adidas store in Atlanta isn't getting them... Every store that I thought may have been getting them [emoji]128078[/emoji] all bad. Thought WishATL would get them (they claimed they wouldn't know if they were getting until today...just utter BS). There ain't no way in hell I'm paying $1k+ for a sz9. I'm really feeling like f*** this shoe overall, it's too much of an 'where's Waldo' game attached to releases like this.
yeah, no offense but you might as well throw in the towel if the only way you're willing to purchase this shoe if it's retail. Sorry bro.

Fricking told you don't listen to that fool ibn. As soon as adidas said it was limited should of been enough for y'all.

I knew I had no chance in the Adidas raffle with 2000 people entering in 4 days too. So looks like it's March 26th

what an awesome pic of them. 
sick.gif

So Adidas pretty much dropped these in the same numbers as Yeezy 2s. 3000 pairs each of Y2s, seperate releases. 9000 pairs of these boosts.

I agree too ... Even though I highly doubted that Adidas would allow the release to be a GR, at this point, they might as well give away pairs as an apology.

They handled this release like children, and at their most opportunistic moment .... They failed. Little did they know, all they needed was the 'Ye name name and they were golden on this production line.

They need to issue an apology for this mishandling of this release. Someone should be held accountable. Site visits don't add up to ****. None of us purchased any of their other ****, so I would love to see how this release fail translated into sales/revenue.

Man, I just can't justify paying that much over retail for a shoe. Unless you're making bank then hell yeah do what you want. But it's like when I got my ROs, I really wanted to keep them (and to UNds them in October of course) but I knew I would feel weird walking around dirty streets in a pair of kicks someone is willing to pay THOUSANDS for. It would just make me uncomfortable. That was partially the reason I was cool letting them go.

I ordered my "consolation prize" last night. A pair of Italian suede boots. (Kind of similar to the 750 Boosts in color and the fact they have a zipper, but I swear that was not my motivation for the purchase haha). It's a brand I currently wear so I'm familiar with their quality and craftsmanship, which is far superior to anything you will ever find on a Yeezy past, present or future. The boots retail for roughly $600. I copped them on sale for $270. So it's like, get a dope, better quality shoe for under retail or pay triple the price for a lower quality shoe with massive hype and "exclusivity."

Nevertheless, I am still hoping to cop a pair of Yeezy Boosts if they release more in the future. If not, no worries on my side.

I kind of feel you. I'm going to wear the crap out of my 750's, but as with other sought after or exclusive shoes there is that moment of awkwardness when you're just chilling in a pair of sneakers some would give an arm and a leg for. High-end shoes often go on sale and you can find great deals if you're persistent and a little lucky, I don't think one is a substitute for another though. A Yeezy release is rare in itself whereas designer clothes and shoes release and go on sale constantly. Yeezy's are perceived to be special, and unless you separate the hype from the product there's nothing really close to them.

Last edited:
Kanye doesn't get to be cocky till something he designs is mass produced

till them imma be looking at him exactly how he look at us

Kanye-West-face-13.jpg

My+face+everytime+i+walk+into+school.+Kanye+s+not+amused_9f2d40_4102077.jpg

Last edited:

In the Zane Lowe interview Kanye said that the guy that made sure the Adidas contact happened passed away. Not sure if that affected anything.
It doesn't matter who made it happen.

What matters was Kanye dropped the ball on the contract.

This what happens when you don't know your self worth or being insecure.

He would have been better off crowd funding (kickstarter) the shoe under his own label.

What I don't get is you got Sean John and RoccaWear already established

why not use them as the support system.

He would have been better off crowd funding (kickstarter) the shoe under his own label.

What???????????????????????????????????????

Kanye doesn't know his self-worth bro? 

HUH????

I don't get how he dropped the ball on the contract. His MAIN priorities was his freedom to create and to get royalties, mass producing it was probably 3rd on his list. It's not a one time deal, there will be more adidas x kanye collab, so what the 1st collection is limited?

Doesn't know self-worth is strong.

I think the powers that be have spoken and found a way to fulfill his contract without fulfilling his vision. Who really has control here?

How many Adidas Executives are out here wearing Boost?

Everyone from Tinker to Jordan's Agent used to wear his sneakers. I mean what did Adidas really think. We were going to attempt to purchase Yeezy's but settle for Soccer gear????? They needed a platform and the Boost would have provided that.

Doesn't know self-worth is strong.

I think the powers that be have spoken and found a way to fulfill his contract without fulfilling his vision. Who really has control here?

How many Adidas Executives are out here wearing Boost?

Everyone from Tinker to Jordan's Agent used to wear his sneakers. I mean what did Adidas really think. We were going to attempt to purchase Yeezy's but settle for Soccer gear????? They needed a platform and the Boost would have provided that.
Y-3 collection, stan smith, superstars to name a few

They'll make money when they drop those ugly lows and moon boots because after this release everyone and their mother will be going after them. And I would bet money on the fact that many of the people who are complaining about how Adidas blew this release will be among the first in line for those releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom