ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The yeezy 1's were too ahead of their time. I want a pair of Zens or blinks but for prices on resell i'd rather have a DS pair, which is impossible to find in my sz. Regardless if I got a pair I probably wouldn't wear them. I'd just keep them for collection. Yeezy's get too much unnecessary attention. I feel weird wearing my solars sometime. Like I'm trying to fit in or something :lol: rather throw on a pair of black mid top AF1's and go about my day

Last edited:
The yeezy 1's were too ahead of their time. I want a pair of Zens or blinks but for prices on resell i'd rather have a DS pair, which is impossible to find in my sz. Regardless if I got a pair I probably wouldn't wear them. I'd just keep them for collection. Yeezy's get too much unnecessary attention. I feel weird wearing my solars sometime. Like I'm trying to fit in or something :lol: rather throw on a pair of black mid top AF1's and go about my day

How is a shoe based off of multiple 20yr old shoes ahead of its time?

The mere fact that Nike did a shoe with Kanye puts Nike Yeezy's a on next level. We all can agree that Adidias collaborating with someone is nothing special. The one time Nike did it on a original shoe look what happened.

I liked his first shoe because it was original and didn't really look like anything else at the time, but the 2 and the 750 are just rehashes of the Y1. They all have that same toe cap, a vertical line up the side and a prominent strap... I figured he'd come up with something new 
eyes.gif

How is a shoe based off of multiple 20yr old shoes ahead of its time?

In the midsole? How about the upper, design and material and colors used?

beside the air revolution sole/midsole the upper is based off the jordan 5 and nike MAG (McFly's) and other nike models. He put tan and black and pink on a shoe... materials? there really aren't any new materials being used beside in performance wear. most casual shoes are made out of some type of leather or man made synthetic leather or suede, so i don't really see how the materials are ahead of their time either.

Lookbook was pretty cool image wise.

As far as the girls, I'm gonna assumed this is a men's focused/unisex line. Seeing that it was debuted during men's fashion week. Photos look like other work from the photographer

I liked his first shoe because it was original and didn't really look like anything else at the time, but the 2 and the 750 are just rehashes of the Y1. They all have that same toe cap, a vertical line up the side and a prominent strap... I figured he'd come up with something new 
eyes.gif
exactly

his first shoe is far from original.. 
How are they far from original? Aside from the air assault sole what shoe is it biting? The only thing you can really say is the height of the Command Forces. These 750s look like something he drew as an idea for the 1s then Nike let some real shoe designers polish it up and make it not look like ****

How are they far from original? Aside from the air assault sole what shoe is it biting? The only thing you can really say is the height of the Command Forces. These 750s look like something he drew as an idea for the 1s then Nike let some real shoe designers polish it up and make it not look like ****
are you really seeing the sole to be the ONLY borrowed idea?.. oh man..

Come on man, you claimed they weren't original. I want you to show me how this is a copy of another shoe.
well for starters, the most common and obvious borrowed idea were the soles and the y print around the toebox that looked very similar to AJ3. the ankle and tongue resembles the AJ5.

Because Nike doesn't use elements from their other sneakers. Because Air Jordan 3's aren't air max 1's, Air Jordan 7's aren't huaraches, air Jordan 8's aren't air raids, etc.....

Because Nike doesn't use elements from their other sneakers. Because Air Jordan 3's aren't air max 1's, Air Jordan 7's aren't huaraches, air Jordan 8's aren't air raids, etc.....
its what i'm saying, there were a lot of borrowed ideas from previous shoes or prototypes from nike. So to say the Air Yeezy 1 is all original is a reach.. maybe Kanye's first sketch were much more original than the final AY1 version with the exception of the Air Mag borrowed idea. 

its what i'm saying, there were a lot of borrowed ideas from previous shoes or prototypes from nike. So to say the Air Yeezy 1 is all original is a reach.. maybe Kanye's first sketch were much more original than the final AY1 version with the exception of the Air Mag borrowed idea.
There isnt too many shoes that look like the Yeezy 1. All shoes have some sort of influence from another especially when it comes from the same company.

The strap was also from ATO matsumoto (I hope i spelled it right hahaha)

But knaye himself said he had inspirations from those shoes also

I never said "all original" I said "it was original and didnt look like anything else at the time." Which it didn't the closest thing to it was shoes released in the early 90s. You'd be hard pressed to find a shoe that didn't take inspiration from another shoe in any way.

It was very unique and stood out from any other sneakers at the time... they still do. Better wording?

Last edited:
I never said "all original" I said "it was original and didnt look like anything else at the time." Which it didn't the closest thing to it was shoes released in the early 90s. You'd be hard pressed to find a shoe that didn't take inspiration from another shoe in any way.
I didn't argue that nothing looked like the Air Yeezy 1. But your original argument was that Air Yeezy 1 was original and that the only thing you can think it has inspiration from previous shoe is the Air Assault soles. Meanwhile I'm just saying that the Air Yeezy 1 isn't original because of its multiple borrowed ideas. A difference in originality and another shoe that looks like Air Yeezy 1. I don't know but it sounds oxymoron to me when people say a shoe looks original when half the shoe is borrowed ideas. But I do agree with you that theres not a lot of shoes that don't have borrowed ideas. Original to me would be design and everything, like Air Mags.. nothing looked like it before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom