ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not Seattle?? We have major money (the tech industry(Amazon, Microsoft, etc) there is no "hood" up here (not that that really matters but U guys are talking demographics), the city of Bellvue is growing at at an insane rate and is primarily affluent, we also get people from Spokane, Boise and Portland, we are the fashion Capitol of the NW, & look @ every athlete that's from the Seattle-Tacoma area and they're all sneaker fiends Tony Wroten, Terrance Ross, Nate Robinson, Zack Lavine, Rodney Stukey, Jamal Crawford-I can go on and on. And we got one store selling yezzy??? ****. And Atlanta (bigger city size but smaller metro size) and has 3-5? Wow

Didn't Bait backdoor all the pairs anyway?

I need to buy one of those routers that automatically proxies so that your internet provider never throttles your speed

I would gladly pay retail price for a pair of yeezys any day.

The retail cost alone is already high for a sneaker that is made of high quality materials, but to pay the resell price? I cannot justify shelling out over $2k+ knowing many people have paid less than a third of that.
But the thing is that these aren't high quality materials. If you want to spend 300-400 on high quality footwear, get you a pair of boots. Some viberg, wolverine, or red wings.

Horween Chromexcel, good year welted, vibram sole. That's footwear that's worth it's cost since it will last you years
Greats brand (greats.com), owned by Jon Buscemi (Buscemi.com) and Ryan Babenzien (his brother is the Creative Director of Supreme) has shoes made in Italy with Italian leather, vachetta leather, vibram soles, Italian suede, etc that costs half that of these Yeezys and will last a lot longer. The quality isn't even comparable.

To think that these 750's are made of high quality materials is credulous and naive. Adidas is simply capitalizing on Kanye's name. A lot of people will fall for it, but MOST won't.

Greats brand (greats.com), owned by Jon Buscemi (Buscemi.com) and Ryan Babenzien (his brother is the Creative Director of Supreme) has shoes made in Italy with Italian leather, vachetta leather, vibram soles, Italian suede, etc that costs half that of these Yeezys and will last a lot longer. The quality isn't even comparable.

To think that these 750's are made of high quality materials is credulous and naive. Adidas is simply capitalizing on Kanye's name. A lot of people will fall for it, but MOST won't.

Exactly. Spending the retail on these yeezys was hard enough to swallow considering I just bought boots for half the price.

Nothing better than a nice pair of boots man. Something you can beat up, brush off, recondition and move on. Joints will last YEARS with proper maintenance

Why not Seattle?? We have major money (the tech industry(Amazon, Microsoft, etc) there is no "hood" up here (not that that really matters but U guys are talking demographics), the city of Bellvue is growing at at an insane rate and is primarily affluent, we also get people from Spokane, Boise and Portland, we are the fashion Capitol of the NW, & look @ every athlete that's from the Seattle-Tacoma area and they're all sneaker fiends Tony Wroten, Terrance Ross, Nate Robinson, Zack Lavine, Rodney Stukey, Jamal Crawford-I can go on and on. And we got one store selling yezzy??? ****. And Atlanta (bigger city size but smaller metro size) and has 3-5? Wow

You named basketball players...Sneakers IMO are kind of engrained in the whole basketball/athlete thing.

I would gladly pay retail price for a pair of yeezys any day.

The retail cost alone is already high for a sneaker that is made of high quality materials, but to pay the resell price? I cannot justify shelling out over $2k+ knowing many people have paid less than a third of that.

No way unless ur a real baller.

Id spend 900-1000 if I wanted that bad that's like buying high end sneakers.

My brother in the Bay Area owns a company that manufactures and distributes 3-D printers to the health and aerospace industries. They run about $25-40K a pop and can create a mold/prototype of ANYTHING.

A lot of people hate on the rep market but for overpriced shoes such as these ones, what would you rather have - essentially the exact same pair for $400 or $150?
idk...it's not about just the way something "looks".

My wife gave me a rolex the day before we got married. I know it's real, it's insured and i have all the provenance.

I know it's real and someone spent a lot of time making it. If I wore a fake rolex, I would just feel embarrassed. Not only because I was promoting an image of me that wasn't really me, but that there would one day be that person that told me it was fake even though that may not be tactful.

While shoes are different in that sense, if I really like something (and am not just a hypebeast), then I will pay to promote the item buy owning an original.

Fakes are fakes. If you want to look the part then buy fakes. But I don't think I would ever get any satisfaction out of wearing a fake ____________ (insert any item here).

2-3k resale for this shoe is crazy and I would never ever pay that. But if I got lucky and copped on my own, I'd trade them for something, possibly resell them.
You make some great points. People will buy what their wallet can afford, and sing to the beat of their own drum. I, for one, do not promote fakes either, however there are millions of sneakerheads in the world who just can't afford the real thing. And if someone missed out on these for retail price, and someone really really wanted them, and Adidas never re-stocked them and that person's only option was to purchase a grey market pair for a fraction of the $2500 aftermarket going rate, then that person would probably strongly consider it especially if the grey market pair was super close to the quality, craftsmanship, and comfort of the original.

In my opinion, it's better to have multiple options than just one option. Some people will simply decide based on their personal circumstances - looks, preference, and authenticity notwithstanding.

I need to buy one of those routers that automatically proxies so that your internet provider never throttles your speed
They make those? I need one of them lol

Can anyone PM me a good proxy to use, I don't really no much about them, and have no idea where to start looking for a good one.

Kanye doesn't smile 90% of the time so we all know what you just said is false.
I see you do not get it...... everyone brace yourself for a paragraph response 
Oh yeah I get it. And trust me, Kanye doesn't give a flyn fk what I think therefore he ain't smilin' when people are hatin' because his goal is to NOT have haters. He's trying to get as many followers as he can get because guess what....when it comes to the shoe game, this clown is competing with MJ.

You named basketball players...Sneakers IMO are kind of engrained in the whole basketball/athlete thing.
I just names b ball players that were BORN here because they came to my mind first. Look at Lynch and his Great brand shoes. Sherman and Lynch also got Nike trainers. The whole Seahawks team got a Jordan 6 low. And I can't remember dudes name, but he was on one of those sneaker collection videos and he had one of the most diverse and on point collection I've ever seen. Wide Receiver from WSU. It's in the culture up here, remember we had Payton, Kemp, Griffey and ARod in prime. Plus Adidas (and Nike HQs) are in Portland and we get one damn store that got 1200 entries for the yezzy. Adidas get your **** together. And all those damn pairs probably got backdoored.

To those who got shipment confirmation, where are you guys located from?  I would feel like the west coast would get shipping faster because it takes more time to get out there.  East coast may get delayed?  Im assuming we all picked 2-3 day shipping because I couldn't change shipping.

:What's a reasonable reseller price on the Yeezy Boost 350:

Im wondering this myself (seriously considering purchasing from an aftermarket source).
After getting pretty lucky with the Nike releases, I have been just as unlucky with the Adidas releases - no raffle wins. I am hoping the next 350 drop will be in my favor.
I'm thinking about going the rsvpkingz route this time around for the 350's

Keep hitting Check out though. This same thing happened to me and I kept hitting check out
Did this with the PBs, and got the order confirmation buteventurally  got cancelled.
Adidas send shipment confirmation already or not
1 out of 2 so far.  Ironically enough, the one that shipped was the one that was purchased about a hour later and had to "force" through.  Kinda worried about it since I had the same incident with PB that got cancelled.

Last edited:

To those who got shipment confirmation, where are you guys located from?  I would feel like the west coast would get shipping faster because it takes more time to get out there.  East coast may get delayed?  Im assuming we all picked 2-3 day shipping because I couldn't change shipping.
Not expecting anything til Monday or early Tuesday. Even though some services deliver on Saturday, in the east coast it was close to closing time by the time the kicks sold out. No chance on Sunday. Monday we should expect to see the shipment emails pull through.

I'm hoping my pair comes in before Christmas.

Came here to ask a ques.

What's the realistic market price for the black 750s?

Now and later?

Quantity on the black pair seems to be OD but the resell prices are still screaming 2K +

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom