Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
Lurkers are seeing the trade secrets.

i’m sayin though!

click for trade secrets

tenor.gif

Nike is losing a lot of market share in North America to Adidas. It’s really unprecedented what’s occurring. These releases have long been planned, it’s not a reaction that started six or twelve months ago. Nike while still a gigantic corporation is hurting. I live in OR and Nike suspended bonuses awhile back, laid off employees and announced more, etc. it’s not a happy place at the moment for sure. Yeezy releases arent commercial enough to do damage. Adidas really improved their entire product line starting about 4-5 years ago.

They’re not in desperation mode though. The competition has indeed picked up for them, in large part because of adidas. But they’re not in desperation mode—that’s just a ridiculous thing to say. Be honest.

:nerd: utility black yeezy 500

Its been interesting reading the comments in here as of late regarding yeezys current style. But i wonder how many of ya'll been trying to track down calabasas socks and other gear to get this look down, that yeezy and Kim have been advertising.

Nike is losing a lot of market share in North America to Adidas. It’s really unprecedented what’s occurring. These releases have long been planned, it’s not a reaction that started six or twelve months ago. Nike while still a gigantic corporation is hurting. I live in OR and Nike suspended bonuses awhile back, laid off employees and announced more, etc. it’s not a happy place at the moment for sure. Yeezy releases arent commercial enough to do damage. Adidas really improved their entire product line starting about 4-5 years ago.
I wonder what the term was for BASF and Adidas. BASF patented Boost around 2010. After term expires, it'll be funny if Nike outbids Adidas. Although synergies don't sync...Nike market cap $107B.. BASF $70B

Havent heard anything about a restock of any kind outside of this thread. Doesnt really matter because i have learned to stay ready

old nikehead here. i purchase adidas, new balance, asics, high end brands. buy what you like.

Word up. If you limiting yourselves to any one particular brand right now, you doing this “sneaker game” thing all wrong.

From ASICS, to classic Reebok’s, to Vapormax, to yeezys, to a fresh pair of Js...everything getting rocked.

I don’t go tucking my pants in my socks but I do like the clean look the color matching socks provide.

Having a high contrast sock is a no go for me

They’re not in desperation mode though. The competition has indeed picked up for them, in large part because of adidas. But they’re not in desperation mode—that’s just a ridiculous thing to say. Be honest.

I don’t think they’re desperate in the way being discussed on this board. Nike doesn’t move fast enough to respond with new product quickly. Launches are planned out a few years before they occur. Now if you work for Nike, or your economics are tied to them yeah you’re probably in desperation mode.

The link below has some interesting data. Adidas for example had 2 of the top 60 selling shoes a few years back. Now they have 24. Conversely Nike had 52 of the top 60, now only 35. Many are saying it’s a major fashion shift away from basketball where Nike is extremely strong to running and lifestyle, coupled with Adidas’s revamped products. Other companies aren’t scooping share from Nike like Adidas is.

Personally I buy both and buy what I like. Been buying Nike forever. Have to admit before Ultraboost my last Adi shoe was maybe a superstar decades ago?

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14311235/1/adidas-beating-nike.html

Back
Top Bottom