Votes: 267 21.4%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 102 8.2%

• Total voters
Problem is Adidas has the supply chain/factories in place and also the resources to produce to scale (with tooling, etc.). If he went independent, there is no way he would be able to produce at the same level. The products would likely be severely limited, etc. due to these constraints.

How difficult do you think it is for Ye to buy a manufacturing facility or facilities and partner or buy a distribution center? Ye already knows the ins and outs along with have a great team around him, so don't count him out. He has the knowledge and means to get it done. His deal isn't over until 2026, so he and his team can put together a plan, logistics.... and the transition should be smooth. Yes the initial upfront costs will be very high. But Ye looks to be in it for the long run. Or maybe he can leverage what he's done so far with another brand or stay with Adidas and up his royalties. He's making 15% on royalties right now from Adidas. Also, he has the benefit of owning the Yeezy brand outright, so mobility was key for him to make the Adidas deal happen. Think about why he left Nike. Nike restricted his creativity, would not open the books, so Ye could learn everything to their secret sauce, and didn't want to pay him royalties. Every move Ye made was for the bigger picture.

Tints my fav
231D54FD-0762-458E-B7B5-38E3016B6503.jpeg

How difficult do you think it is for Ye to buy a manufacturing facility or facilities and partner or buy a distribution center? Ye already knows the ins and outs along with have a great team around him, so don't count him out. He has the knowledge and means to get it done. His deal isn't over until 2026, so he and his team can put together a plan, logistics.... and the transition should be smooth. Yes the initial upfront costs will be very high. But Ye looks to be in it for the long run. Or maybe he can leverage what he's done so far with another brand or stay with Adidas and up his royalties. He's making 15% on royalties right now from Adidas. Also, he has the benefit of owning the Yeezy brand outright, so mobility was key for him to make the Adidas deal happen. Think about why he left Nike. Nike restricted his creativity, would not open the books, so Ye could learn everything to their secret sauce, and didn't want to pay him royalties. Every move Ye made was for the bigger picture.
It’s not just about having the money (although, yes, that is the most important part) it’s also about having the supply chain partnerships/relationships, etc. etc. to increase production. This includes working with multiple suppliers and whatnot to scale production. It’s definitely possible but Adidas has built their supply chain and relationships up over decades and Ye would essentially be starting his independent one out.

why are you sad uno uno the best 700s imho have flowng colors which is why i never liked waves, but mauves, analogs, inertias, utility black, salt, vanta are good, remove the green and hi res red are fire

It’s not just about having the money (although, yes, that is the most important part) it’s also about having the supply chain partnerships/relationships, etc. etc. to increase production. This includes working with multiple suppliers and whatnot to scale production. It’s definitely possible but Adidas has built their supply chain and relationships up over decades and Ye would essentially be starting his independent one out.

Like I said, it's having the right team around you. Not that long ago, I had a discussion with a friend that works in the semiconductor industry. I said Apple could make their own chips soon. He laughed and said that don't even fab yet. Apple started to hire the right engineers, managers....then bought ownership in TSMC. Now they do make their own chips and Apple bested Intel, while making it more efficient, using less wattage..... Ye could easily buy those connections by poaching err...hiring Adidas employees. Remember he's buying their talent, expertise, and connections. Or since it looks like Adidas open the books for Ye, he could already have those connections to the suppliers, factories in place.

I don't spend over retail.
I’m sure if you keep an eye, you can get these below retail even.

With the economy condition and how adidas are pumping out so many yeezy every month, people / resellers will unload these sooner or later. Just like qntm, mnvns etc

I’m sure if you keep an eye, you can get these below retail even.

With the economy condition and how adidas are pumping out so many yeezy every month, people / resellers will unload these sooner or later. Just like qntm, mnvns etc
I'm going to keep my eye on them

adidas/yeezy could’ve done much better on the red 700s. Especially with it being the first red cw of the model to release. I wanted the shoe but after staring at pics long enough I talked myself out of it and dont regret it. I would have liked to add em to the collection but I’m just as happy not to own them 😏

adidas/yeezy could’ve done much better on the red 700s. Especially with it being the first red cw of the model to release. I wanted the shoe but after staring at pics long enough I talked myself out of it and dont regret it. I would have liked to add em to the collection but I’m just as happy not to own them 😏

Yeezy seems to struggle with red on their models (the few that have it). I think they know people want red Yeezys, but the color kinda goes against their design ethos / color theory that they use on most shoes. So we end up getting something underwhelming (700 & CMPCT. The red foam runners are fine to me).

Yeezy seems to struggle with red on their models (the few that have it). I think they know people want red Yeezys, but the color kinda goes against their design ethos / color theory that they use on most shoes. So we end up getting something underwhelming (700 & CMPCT. The red foam runners are fine to me).
As an Art Major, my wife is always talking to me about color theory and will be proud when I tell her someone on Niketalk used it to explain a concept lol.

Back
Top Bottom