Votes: 268 21.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Cream White’

Votes: 38 3.0%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Semi-Frozen Yellow’

Votes: 44 3.5%
  • Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost V2 ‘Beluga 2.0’

Votes: 103 8.2%

• Total voters
Everyone is saying that Nike is owning 2018 and Adidas has lost hype.
Adidas knows all they gotta do is announce a Turtle Dove Retro and the tables will turn.

That being said, I'm in for everything this year except 500s.

Adidas knows all they gotta do is announce a Turtle Dove Retro and the tables will turn.

Any of the four V1 being retro'd will do that. I wish they'd give us one. :frown:

Anyone know where I can buy those orange neon laces I see people wearing with their 700s?

I was back in these again today with the wife and kids to see Solo...

99F296A7-B8CE-4E6B-A172-E1A8847FF410.jpeg

I might sell some **** and buy frozen yellows once the official release is announced and prices drop even more. If they hit low-mid 3s, I’ll go for it

Sneaker hype has an ebb and flow. Sometimes Nike has more hyped releases and then back to Adidas. And thats only a recent thing considering Nike products were the most hyped for a couple of decades. But as far as our current situation I dont think one re-release will push the Hype Nike is enjoying now back to Adidas.

Turtle doves released for the first time ever 3yrs ago a re-release now seems too soon just like this Yeezy release. This is what people were complaining about when Jordan kept retroing the same shoes

Too many Yeezy re-releases this year. I really don't know wtf Adidas is doing across the board. UB colorways have been bland re-treads for the most part. They ruined the little bit of hype the 93/17 model had last year. Propheres are garbage. The upcoming Yung-1 is garbage. New NMD models are garbage. BYW is garbage. They ****ed up the Iniki by changing it to the worst new name of a shoe ever. They are even squandering the hype they had for 4D. They've picked all the worst models for the upcoming DBZ collab too. They gonna start falling behind Jordan brand again soon because this year's output has been thoroughly awful.

Last edited:
Too many Yeezy re-releases this year. I really don't know wtf Adidas is doing across the board. UB colorways have been bland re-treads for the most part. They ruined the little bit of hype the 93/17 model had last year. Propheres are garbage. The upcoming Yung-1 is garbage. New NMD models are garbage. BYW is garbage. They ****ed up the Iniki by changing it to the worst new name of a shoe ever. They are even squandering the hype they had for 4D. They've picked all the worst models for the upcoming DBZ collab too. They gonna start falling behind Jordan brand again soon because this year's output has been thoroughly awful.

You are basing this off a small percentage of the niche "sneaker head" crowd. 90% of the population don't give a sh*t on what's hyped and they just buy what's accessible.

You are basing this off a small percentage of the niche "sneaker head" crowd. 90% of the population don't give a sh*t on what's hyped and they just buy what's accessible.

you think the general crowd would be wearing ultra boost and nmd if they never saw other people besides runners wear it?

you think the general crowd would be wearing ultra boost and nmd if they never saw other people besides runners wear it?

In between 2017 and now, the number of NMD & UB drops have tripled to what was done in 2016. Back in those days, NMD was sold out faster than you can spell it.
UB was riding on kanyehype and the yzy line. Adidas kept the distribution low to an extent. People were going apesh*t over GR releases. Looking back one can recall with wonder...should they stick with that same formula? With more colors, repeat colors and more patterns dropping as months came by adidas just kept on pushing new boost shoes (all the NMD variants), the supply has exceeded the demand. People can now easily walk in and get off the shelf...or even have the luxury of choosing still. 2 years ago that could not be fathomed..

However now they seemed to have toned it down. When was the last time a boost NMD dropped and was pushed? All the marketing $$$ went into the new silhouettes..but those didn't take off as much as NMD did back then. It's a double edge knife. People get's spoiled by boost...to the extent whatever doesn't come with Boost MUST not be comfortable. As you have mentioned none of the new models adidas released even touch on the success of NMD back then. But, more and more people are getting exposed to Boost and that is where the money is. Adidas will continue to innovate...and that is why they are no Swoosh.

You guys are acting like swoosh is putting out a ton of heat. They reissued the GOAT’s of Jordan Brand & Epic Reacts that sound like I’m walking on Rice Krispies. After that it’s all money on Virgil, which I think is trash, but it’s hot for a lot of you guys.

Only shoe I’m really thinking about snagging from Nike right now are the Katrina Zoom Tenacity. I do have some AM90’s coming in from ID that I’m looking forward to.

In between 2017 and now, the number of NMD & UB drops have tripled to what was done in 2016. Back in those days, NMD was sold out faster than you can spell it.
UB was riding on kanyehype and the yzy line. Adidas kept the distribution low to an extent. People were going apesh*t over GR releases. Looking back one can recall with wonder...should they stick with that same formula? With more colors, repeat colors and more patterns dropping as months came by adidas just kept on pushing new boost shoes (all the NMD variants), the supply has exceeded the demand. People can now easily walk in and get off the shelf...or even have the luxury of choosing still. 2 years ago that could not be fathomed..

However now they seemed to have toned it down. When was the last time a boost NMD dropped and was pushed? All the marketing $$$ went into the new silhouettes..but those didn't take off as much as NMD did back then. It's a double edge knife. People get's spoiled by boost...to the extent whatever doesn't come with Boost MUST not be comfortable. As you have mentioned none of the new models adidas released even touch on the success of NMD back then. But, more and more people are getting exposed to Boost and that is where the money is. Adidas will continue to innovate...and that is why they are no Swoosh.

I like both Nike & Adidas but Nike innovates and Adidas borrows (Boost is from BASF).
Nike:Apple :: Adidas: Dell

this man knows

granted its all perspective but from a hype perspective the off-white nike collection is right there with yeezy line and nike is pushing some great regular models with the air max 270 and the vapor max and the epic react line. Then they are still pushing some sought after Air max 1s (SW collab, recent curry pack), 97s (Golds, undftd collabs a bit ago) 98s made a come back.

Nike has done a good job turning it around this year and adidas has done a great job at failing with their causual line. They had a certified hit in the og NMD and couldn't keep the momentum going with that shoe

this man knows

granted its all perspective but from a hype perspective the off-white nike collection is right there with yeezy line and nike is pushing some great regular models with the air max 270 and the vapor max and the epic react line. Then they are still pushing some sought after Air max 1s (SW collab, recent curry pack), 97s (Golds, undftd collabs a bit ago) 98s made a come back.

Nike has done a good job turning it around this year and adidas has done a great job at failing with their causual line. They had a certified hit in the og NMD and couldn't keep the momentum going with that shoe

I agree that Adidas has dropped the ball on the casual lines recently. Pushing it a little too far with CW’s in some of their lines too.

Maybe not all Off-White are great, but the Jordan 1 from them are pretty awesome in construction. He really has done a great job with those.

Reactions: You
Back
Top Bottom