Adult NTers: Do you honestly like the taste of beer?

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I drink beer because I enjoy it. I don't drink to get drunk. That would be called an alcoholic.

wut ? when im out on the wknds, i drink to get drunk/buzzed and enjoy myself. I'm not an alcoholic, considering im not addicted to alcohol. Ignore this man's holier than thou attitude
eyes.gif
Keep on trolling.

Being drunk isn't fun. The aftermath isn't fun. Been there done that.
Sounds like someone had gay sex while they were drunk.
laugh.gif

Beer is GOOD stuff. There are so many good ones to choose from:

My list of preferred beers:

Heineken/ Dark Heineken
Corona
Blue Moon (& most of their Seasonals esp. their fall one)
Bud Light (When I wanna go cheap)
Alaskan Amber Ale (My favorite esp. on draft)
Various Micro Brews

I'll usually drink one beer three nights during my work week. The weekend is a different story though.
glasses.gif

I drink liquor as well but beer is great while chilling after work or with a burger, pizza or chicken.

corona and lime
, blue moon with an orange slice
, ice cold grolsch

Absolutely! There is nothing better than a nice cold beer on a hot day. My favorite thing to do is to go to breweries/ale houses etc and try stuff out of thenorm. Also, going to different restaurants (of various ethnic natures) and trying beers that are native to their respective country. Beer > mixed drinks

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannotrecall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.

Originally Posted by toast1985

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannot recall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.
laugh.gif
That's usually how I gauge my drunkeness (sp?).

Beer is great with certain meals, and its even great socially. Any beer drinker can recall a time when they had a sit down with friends, or family, and cannot recall how many beers you had because you were having a great time.
or you black out
laugh.gif

I'm 28 and is the only one of in my circle that doesn't drink beer. I always thought it tasted like piss so I usually just mess with hard liq.

laugh.gif
my dude recommends arrogant bastard to a guy who can't stand the taste of cheap light beer.

Look - beer is an acquired taste, like anything else. Hell, I hated onions when I was little but eventually i grew to love them... same with a lot of foods,same with beer. My dad used to let me have a taste of his beer every now and again and i could never understand how people would drink the stuff.. buteventually a lot of people grow to have a taste for it, and then you can really start expanding your palate and trying all the different styles of beer outthere.

Is it for everyone? No, not really.. that's why a lot of people stay drinking fruity beers that help mask the taste of the beer itself. Look at bud lightlime for example - it sells like hot cakes because people don't actually want to taste beer, they just want to get drunk tasting as little amounts ofalcohol in their mouths as they can.

OP - Don't just drink it because you feel like you have to.. but if you are going to try to learn to like it, you should really try to step up to somedifferent stuff than you've tried before. I think trying a wide range of beers will give you a better idea of what you're supposed to be trying totaste that's "good" in beer.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

or you black out
laugh.gif
how the heck do you black out from just beer

I like the taste of beer. Most def an acquired taste and a beer on a hot day is great.
But I can't eat anything while drinking a beer or soda. Maybe juice but usually just water.

Originally Posted by the north west

or you black out
laugh.gif

Drink 30 beers in a night and think about it.

Originally Posted by the north west

or you black out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i know, ive never met anyone that has blacked out on beeralone

Originally Posted by columbiasneaks

Now, ill drink it with the sole intention of getting hammered.

I'll also drink it during beer pong, flip cup, etc. because its fun.

But when i see older dudes sittin down eating pizza and drinking a beer, I wonder if they like the taste...
like why not just have a coke or some %$#+?

Maybe its an acquired taste.. maybe my taste buds will morph when i turn 25 and i'll suddenly enjoy the taste pretty much drink it for the same purpose....beer pong..flippy cup etc... occasionally just have one with food... it is an acquired taste..atleast most people will say...but overall the taste of beer sucks IMO...

My question: do u drink beer because you enjoy it, or do you wanna get drunk/buzzed?

I like beer. Sometimes when i get home from work nothing feels better than cracking open an ice cold brew and just chillin on the porch.

Originally Posted by Baybully650

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

nothing beats a ice cold heineken corona on a hot summer day
pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

Originally Posted by Biggie62

pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

While I agree with your first statement, your follow-ups don't really hold much weight.
laugh.gif
kinda calling the kettle black there pot.

pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon
doesn't everyone have their own preference? don't sound like a beer elitist and yes I'm mad cause I like heineken.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

pimp.gif
Drink better beers.

Sam Adams Summer Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Pale Ale
Honey Moon
Blue Moon

While I agree with your first statement, your follow-ups don't really hold much weight.
laugh.gif
kinda calling the kettle black there pot.
And what would you suggest? I'm open to trying new beers. And as popular as the beers I listed are, they actually have flavor unlike theover-hyped Corona or Heineken.

Back
Top Bottom