African-American over reliance upon public assistance, section 8, foodstamps and medicaid?

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

I had ONE pair of jordans when I was younger because we couldnt afford it. straight up. but my mother put back money to make sure I GOT THAT ONE PAIR. I cherished them damn things unlike no other but theres nothing wrong with that. the bills were paid, there was food in the house, we had clothes on our back. so what he is saying that there is nothing wrong with owning something of monetary value that may not be a necessity, 
.....and i bet that was one of the more happier memories you have from your childhood.

yes, his moms coulda copped 110 bucks of food with that money....and that would have fed the family for....a week and a half...then what?

these people are below the poverty line, theyre eligible for government assistance. Without that government assistance, they would starve....whether they're copping a pair of jordans or not....

yall make it seem like these people are in mansions with 300 pairs of jordans wiping their +%#!* with mink fur

IF they have some flashy clothing, its prolly ALL they have....

i got whole sections of my family that are career section 8 mothers...

they dont have %@%%.

yeah, they got an xbox and playstation 3......but thats THE ONLY NICE THINGS THEY HAVE...PERIOD...

and my cousin busted his !%! working overtime to buy his sons an xbox and ps3....

not to single you out sheena, but its ironic you say "i know my parents are there..."

i have a feeling that this is the case for alot of people in this post...

well, what would you do if you aint have parents...or even worse, your parents were so poor they needed YOUR help....

that's reality for a large portion of americans...especially blacks...

people out here 4th generation poverty, and you spazzing over a nice coat or some jordans?

cause he coulda bought 150 crispy chicken nugget orders with that?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

I had ONE pair of jordans when I was younger because we couldnt afford it. straight up. but my mother put back money to make sure I GOT THAT ONE PAIR. I cherished them damn things unlike no other but theres nothing wrong with that. the bills were paid, there was food in the house, we had clothes on our back. so what he is saying that there is nothing wrong with owning something of monetary value that may not be a necessity, 
.....and i bet that was one of the more happier memories you have from your childhood.

yes, his moms coulda copped 110 bucks of food with that money....and that would have fed the family for....a week and a half...then what?

these people are below the poverty line, theyre eligible for government assistance. Without that government assistance, they would starve....whether they're copping a pair of jordans or not....

yall make it seem like these people are in mansions with 300 pairs of jordans wiping their +%#!* with mink fur

IF they have some flashy clothing, its prolly ALL they have....

i got whole sections of my family that are career section 8 mothers...

they dont have %@%%.

yeah, they got an xbox and playstation 3......but thats THE ONLY NICE THINGS THEY HAVE...PERIOD...

and my cousin busted his !%! working overtime to buy his sons an xbox and ps3....

not to single you out sheena, but its ironic you say "i know my parents are there..."

i have a feeling that this is the case for alot of people in this post...

well, what would you do if you aint have parents...or even worse, your parents were so poor they needed YOUR help....

that's reality for a large portion of americans...especially blacks...

people out here 4th generation poverty, and you spazzing over a nice coat or some jordans?

cause he coulda bought 150 crispy chicken nugget orders with that?

eyes.gif

in high school i went to school with all the lefrak kids. 95% black. all of em had the latest kicks,latest gear and worked the system. all lived in the pj's. most of my hispanic friends grew up with proud parents that struggled to make it by with no assistance to welfare. so from my personal experience black folks by far have relied on public assistance more than any other race i knew and it wasnt even close.

in high school i went to school with all the lefrak kids. 95% black. all of em had the latest kicks,latest gear and worked the system. all lived in the pj's. most of my hispanic friends grew up with proud parents that struggled to make it by with no assistance to welfare. so from my personal experience black folks by far have relied on public assistance more than any other race i knew and it wasnt even close.

my first post in was that most people on welfare are off in two years...

i don't have a problem w/anyone needing help and getting it...never have never will

when the thread when that route my problem was people abusing the system...

you see nothing wrong w/the fact some women in your family have made recieve any type of assistance their career?

my first post in was that most people on welfare are off in two years...

i don't have a problem w/anyone needing help and getting it...never have never will

when the thread when that route my problem was people abusing the system...

you see nothing wrong w/the fact some women in your family have made recieve any type of assistance their career?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

basically. im from queens too and defintely saw this.

Blacks over reliance on welfare..HAHAHAHHA

How can that be when we only make up 12% of population..
Media
Media Media

All lies to make a certain race look inferior...

So blacks is #1
HIV
Crime
Rape
Murder
Welfare
Poverty
Thugs
Liars
Cancer rate List goes on....

Get my point ..

HAHA

If you look at country wide welfare stats  61% of whites are on welfare..

My friends dont ever believe stats and the media.....

Blacks over reliance on welfare..HAHAHAHHA

How can that be when we only make up 12% of population..
Media
Media Media

All lies to make a certain race look inferior...

So blacks is #1
HIV
Crime
Rape
Murder
Welfare
Poverty
Thugs
Liars
Cancer rate List goes on....

Get my point ..

HAHA

If you look at country wide welfare stats  61% of whites are on welfare..

My friends dont ever believe stats and the media.....

Originally Posted by jhova718

ONCE AGAIN HOW DOES BEING BLACK AND DRESSING  IN THE LATEST GEAR EQUAL WORKING THE SYSTEM?
IF 95% OF THE WHITE KIDS AT YOUR SCHOOL WORE THE LATEST GEAR IM PRETTY SURE YOU WOULDN'T ASSUME THEY WERE WORKING THE SYSTEM?
YOU CAN'T TELL SOME ONE IS GETTING GOVERNMENT HELP BY LOOKING AT THEM, THATS RACIAL PROFILING, STEROTYPING ETC.
STOP BUYING INTO THE HYPE

Originally Posted by jhova718

ONCE AGAIN HOW DOES BEING BLACK AND DRESSING  IN THE LATEST GEAR EQUAL WORKING THE SYSTEM?
IF 95% OF THE WHITE KIDS AT YOUR SCHOOL WORE THE LATEST GEAR IM PRETTY SURE YOU WOULDN'T ASSUME THEY WERE WORKING THE SYSTEM?
YOU CAN'T TELL SOME ONE IS GETTING GOVERNMENT HELP BY LOOKING AT THEM, THATS RACIAL PROFILING, STEROTYPING ETC.
STOP BUYING INTO THE HYPE

We need a negative income tax, where people who make less then a certain amount of money (let us settle for the mean of the median income and the poverty line with 3,000 added per child, this number, about 30k for a single person) would get a subsidy of 50% of the difference between his or her wages and this target number so someone who is unemployed all year and makes no money would get 15k per year. If that person works and makes 20k per year, there is a 10k difference between his or her wages and the target number so he or she would get a 5k subsidy. After you surpass the traget number you would not be taxed 50%, you would be taxed nothing until you get to souble the target number, so 60k, and for every 30k above that your marginal tax rate would increase by 5 percentage points and cap out at 25% (so every dollar over 180k and up to infinity would be taxed at 25%).

This setup removes the welfare "poverty trap." Right now, people on welfare lose many benefits if they work because if they take a part time, minimum wage job they get certain non cash benefits removed and that means that from zero to about thirty thousand dollars of wages, you actually lose in terms of total income and that obviously incentivizes people on welfare (not to be confused with temporary unemployment insurance benefit payouts, which some conservatives have come to believe is the primary cause of high unemployment) to not work because it harms themselves or their themselves and their children.

What about the people who have 0 income? All the NIT is another name for Welfare, but just named differently. I like Milton Friedman, but sometimes his ideas are inherently Statist covertly. People would purposely not make the threshhold of exemption and deductions. This idea still a progressive income tax. If the government decided lets say $10,000 and under recieve these checks, but someone making $10,100 doesn't make any sense. The government just decided that $10,000 is the "poverty-line" and anything under it is "poverty", now is a $100 going to make a difference in someones life? You see where I'm going? You still create dependency and lack of production out of individuals. It would'nt work. Ever read the Poverty Laws in old England?

There is only one way to get rid of poverty, and that is the Free Market. Being able to maximize production allows an individual to be able to voluntary join contracts. Giving someone a guaranteed income doesn't allow the person to recognize their reward from the effort they put.

Gauranteed income advocates still to this day have no idea on how to eliminate poverty and they admit it, why? Because they despise the Free Market.

We need a negative income tax, where people who make less then a certain amount of money (let us settle for the mean of the median income and the poverty line with 3,000 added per child, this number, about 30k for a single person) would get a subsidy of 50% of the difference between his or her wages and this target number so someone who is unemployed all year and makes no money would get 15k per year. If that person works and makes 20k per year, there is a 10k difference between his or her wages and the target number so he or she would get a 5k subsidy. After you surpass the traget number you would not be taxed 50%, you would be taxed nothing until you get to souble the target number, so 60k, and for every 30k above that your marginal tax rate would increase by 5 percentage points and cap out at 25% (so every dollar over 180k and up to infinity would be taxed at 25%).

This setup removes the welfare "poverty trap." Right now, people on welfare lose many benefits if they work because if they take a part time, minimum wage job they get certain non cash benefits removed and that means that from zero to about thirty thousand dollars of wages, you actually lose in terms of total income and that obviously incentivizes people on welfare (not to be confused with temporary unemployment insurance benefit payouts, which some conservatives have come to believe is the primary cause of high unemployment) to not work because it harms themselves or their themselves and their children.

What about the people who have 0 income? All the NIT is another name for Welfare, but just named differently. I like Milton Friedman, but sometimes his ideas are inherently Statist covertly. People would purposely not make the threshhold of exemption and deductions. This idea still a progressive income tax. If the government decided lets say $10,000 and under recieve these checks, but someone making $10,100 doesn't make any sense. The government just decided that $10,000 is the "poverty-line" and anything under it is "poverty", now is a $100 going to make a difference in someones life? You see where I'm going? You still create dependency and lack of production out of individuals. It would'nt work. Ever read the Poverty Laws in old England?

There is only one way to get rid of poverty, and that is the Free Market. Being able to maximize production allows an individual to be able to voluntary join contracts. Giving someone a guaranteed income doesn't allow the person to recognize their reward from the effort they put.

Gauranteed income advocates still to this day have no idea on how to eliminate poverty and they admit it, why? Because they despise the Free Market.

So wearing nice clothes and nice shoes is working the system?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You guys dont realize that wearing nice clothes is a part of black culture especially in NY. Being flashy is just apart of the culture.

All I see is a bunch of people mad that these section 8,public assistance kids/young adults is styling on them 
roll.gif
.Let's be serious when you grow up in the hood you go threw so much that going downtown to apply for food stamps,welfare,or medicaid is nothing. A lot of you people really want to do so for yourself but you all are letting your prides get in the way.

All I see is a bunch of people mad that these section 8,public assistance kids/young adults is styling on them 
roll.gif
.Let's be serious when you grow up in the hood you go threw so much that going downtown to apply for food stamps,welfare,or medicaid is nothing. A lot of you people really want to do so for yourself but you all are letting your prides get in the way.

So wearing nice clothes and nice shoes is working the system?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You guys dont realize that wearing nice clothes is a part of black culture especially in NY. Being flashy is just apart of the culture.

Let's be serious about the clothing situation now me personally and the people I'm around would rather get fly than to trick on a chick I can't say the same for my suburbanites .I know plenty of kids that have the money to get fresh but rather spend it on a vice they have.Now let's talk about milking the system I assume none of you been to Crown heights,Williamsburg,Kings Highway Mills basin, You got Jews that own buildings drive S550's Buy there Kids Maserati's and there wife/baby mother is on section 8 and food stamps . Let's talk about how they control there communities and milk the government dry They own the buildings that accept section 8 and they own the stores that accept ebt cards and they own the hospitals and medical institutions that accept the medicaid. But us AA are milking the system because the extra money we have lying around we use on clothes FOH with that.

Let's be serious about the clothing situation now me personally and the people I'm around would rather get fly than to trick on a chick I can't say the same for my suburbanites .I know plenty of kids that have the money to get fresh but rather spend it on a vice they have.Now let's talk about milking the system I assume none of you been to Crown heights,Williamsburg,Kings Highway Mills basin, You got Jews that own buildings drive S550's Buy there Kids Maserati's and there wife/baby mother is on section 8 and food stamps . Let's talk about how they control there communities and milk the government dry They own the buildings that accept section 8 and they own the stores that accept ebt cards and they own the hospitals and medical institutions that accept the medicaid. But us AA are milking the system because the extra money we have lying around we use on clothes FOH with that.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom