African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Brothers, can we stop feed into the hype for these sandwiches

1572967747648.png

I don't eat meat. and there's just as many others on those lines looking stupid as well.

yea, but black people be about the HYPE big time and the dudes who killed each other were black. We just gotta chill with the hype of unnecessary ****.

That's just media spin.

The entire country enjoying chicken sandwiches bruh.

You sound like the rastas mad at Bob Marley for recording music on Babylon equipment.

Brothers, can we stop feed into the hype for these sandwiches

1572967747648.png

Black people in the states have $1.2 trillion worth of spending power. We gotta stop throwing money and press brands and corporations that literally give us nothing in return or show any kind of loyalty or appreciation for our $$$. its one thing to be a consumer, but popeyes is literally riding this hyper consumerism right to the bank and we wont have but stab wounds to show for it :lol: funny so damn sad

Saw this over the weekend, still absolutely crazy to me that this actually happened

also, I gotta read up more than Mumia , oolitcal prisoner to this day

mumiachange_500.jpg

Black people in the states have $1.2 trillion worth of spending power. We gotta stop throwing money and press brands and corporations that literally give us nothing in return or show any kind of loyalty or appreciation for our $$$. its one thing to be a consumer, but popeyes is literally riding this hyper consumerism right to the bank and we wont have but stab wounds to show for it :lol: funny so damn sad

alchemist iq alchemist iq answer your question? or you still got something to say to me?

I know one thing, the Instagram chefs killing the game right now. People making box meals out the kitchen waaaaay better.

I know one thing, the Instagram chefs killing the game right now. People making box meals out the kitchen waaaaay better.

for sure! i think for those that have learned to use it effectively the social media age has been really kind to black folks in the food space

What does a Popeyes chicken sandwich have to do with the purpose of discussing about African descendents?

I really think some black folks need to be reminded that eating chicken, being loud and ignorant is a racial stereotype. Every time I see a silly *** vid, I think, "Are yall really doing this?" Whats it going to take? Popeyes to start watermelon slices? Then we gonna be trying to boycott.

EDIT: Has it even been confirmed a black person was behind this or are we just assuming because where it happened?

I really think some black folks need to be reminded that eating chicken, being loud and ignorant is a racial stereotype. Every time I see a silly *** vid, I think, "Are yall really doing this?" Whats it going to take? Popeyes to start watermelon slices? Then we gonna be trying to boycott.

EDIT: Has it even been confirmed a black person was behind this or are we just assuming because where it happened?

Good Question.

No assumptions...

Here is the video:

(edit) My bad - read too fast, this is 'a" video not "the" video...still unsure about the race of the people involved.

Note:

Theres a video of white people battling at a Popeyes right under it, but no stabbing in that case.

Last edited:
I posted "black people can we please stop feeding into the hype for these sandwiches"

I posted on my social media 3 days ago, "black people please I heard they re-released the chicken sandwich, please dont go on the whole hype machine for Popeyes like yall did when it came out" then jfrenchbread expounded on it even more about how Popeyes and capitalism does care for black folks. Thats all I said

I posted "black people can we please stop feeding into the hype for these sandwiches"

I posted on my social media 3 days ago, "black people please I heard they re-released the chicken sandwich, please dont go on the whole hype machine for Popeyes like yall did when it came out" then jfrenchbread expounded on it even more about how Popeyes and capitalism does care for black folks. Thats all I said
How do you know black People are involved in this incident?

The news articles I've read haven't described both the victim and culprit race.

How do you know black People are involved in this incident?

The news articles I've read haven't described both the victim and culprit race.

I swear you have terrible reading and comprehension skills. Where did I say that black people were involved in the killing?

I posted an article about Popeyes and said we black people should stop hyping up Popeyes then jfrenchbread went into economic reasons and I quoted that and gave his answer to your question.

What else you want because you are just on my beef since yesterday, go ahead and tell NT why you are obsessed with me.

Jesus Christ

I swear you have terrible reading and comprehension skills. Where did I say that black people were involved in the killing?

I posted an article about Popeyes and said we black people should stop hyping up Popeyes then jfrenchbread went into economic reasons and I quoted that and gave his answer to your question.

What else you want because you are just on my beef since yesterday, go ahead and tell NT why you are obsessed with me.

Jesus Christ

I mean you posted a screen cap of the headline in here so one would ASSUME it was a black person.

I mean you posted a screen cap of the headline in here so one would ASSUME it was a black person.

but I explained to him twice that I dont know if its a black person, I posted it because Im tired of seeing black people CAP so hard for Popeyes over these sandwiches. Thats It :smile:

Jesus Christ
My reading comprehension isn't lacking.
You brought a racist sterotype that black people are eating these "chicken sandwiches" by saying "brothers" which we all can agree you describing black people. You saying "brothers" is what your eluding that black people are involved in this incident. Which you have no facts to back why we shouldn't be eating Popeyes.

Your policing what we shouldn't eat, but also not even discussing alternatives to solve for the problem too.

The Popeyes where I live are owned by a black man. I know this cause I asked him cause I've seen him in two locations. Which he both owns. Should I take my black dollars elsewhere, knowing this guy is a black entrepreneur.

So with your argument Black people should stop eating Popeyes, but a black entrepreneur will suffer with your argument. How would that work with supporting our "own people" ?

In the Black culture thread, it was said that I hated being Black because I do not subscribe to being called African, nor admitting to completely loving Africa. It was either his way or the highway. Loaded questions for those who are stupid enough to be literal, and then responding in the same vein.

This is a thread for African Descendents, if you are participating in here then you are admitting you are a descendant of Africa?

Back
Top Bottom