African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

lol, I hear you. But the irony is that they come and then look down upon the very people who fought for Black people like them, to be able to come here and get such an education. They seem to not know that an education in america for people who look like them? Was not always possible. Their blissful ignorance is what is insulting.
I get that. The thing is, you don't need to be knowledgeable about the history of a country's immigration laws to move there (if they allow such a move at the time you are interested in doing that). Most folks outside this country (and many here) do not even know that the first immigration act was designed to keep Chinese folks out. Let's not even talk about how many know why babies born here automatically become citizens.

All you can do if you face the ignorance is educate.

The whole argument regarding the descendants of African slaves here in america and the legacy of education in america is quite comical. Black people who are the descendants of slaves here KNOW the game that whites play upon immigrants, in regard to education being that thing to allow upward mobility. The MODEL MINORITY ideal is, and should be, an insult to anyone intellectually aware. The problem is that many minorities who come to america under their own volition are not aware, then falling into political trappings with glee.

Is an education the thing that will allow you to become successful in America? Nope.

There are a lot of foreign educated people who return to their country. They specifically go to get an education in places like Europe and America and take that expertise with them back home. They aren't all doing it solely to be successful in America.

And not every African immigrant is ignorant to the racial dynamics in this country. A part of why a lot of them go overboard with educational achievement. is that a lot of them come with the mentality that you have to be twice as good as the average white man to make something of yourself.

7EF20844-E3BD-41D7-B926-76409034DF4B.jpeg

Is this true? 🧟‍♂️

Last edited:
It is much, much simpler than that.

Africans care about diplomas and credentials from the most renowned universities. It's, like @blackintellect said, almost cult-like. Think of African parents the same way you'd think about those Asian tiger moms: you can be an engineer, doctor, lawyer, or nothing. They will look down on anyone that is not in these "prestigious" professions and call everybody else a failure. If you make good money in the trades (and skip college), they will look down on you until you own that business. That's just how most of them are wired. Just be glad that you're not their electrician child being constantly compared to your siblings who are lawyas, doctas, and professas.
Sounds like my "African American" mom.

Is this true? 🧟‍♂️
7EF20844-E3BD-41D7-B926-76409034DF4B.jpeg
I believe mostly, yes. He's been distorted, warped, and weaponized as a tool of white supremacy. And it's been largely effective. So when Kanye sells a Jesus piece, your putting a white man (Cesare Borgia) around your neck. Yet we don't really connect and find that affinity with the melanated man who tried to get us to raise our level of consciousness.

"The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. ...his feet were like burnished bronze" Rev1:14

I believe mostly, yes. He's been distorted, warped, and weaponized as a tool of white supremacy. And it's been largely effective. So when Kanye sells a Jesus piece, your putting a white man (Cesare Borgia) around your neck. Yet we don't really connect and find that affinity with the melanated man who tried to get us to raise our level of consciousness.

"The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. ...his feet were like burnished bronze" Rev1:14

Ill go one step further, he wasnt even real. Man walks on water? fed 60 people 2 fish? born from a Virgin woman? Lived and died woke up and went into heaven in the sky and one day will come back to Earth?

Sounds like a fairytale to me.

Our people need to be free of this white supremacy nonsense and homeboy Jesus is a major part of it.

There are a lot of foreign educated people who return to their country. They specifically go to get an education in places like Europe and America and take that expertise with them back home. They aren't all doing it solely to be successful in America.

And not every African immigrant is ignorant to the racial dynamics in this country. A part of why a lot of them go overboard with educational achievement. is that a lot of them come with the mentality that you have to be twice as good as the average white man to make something of yourself.
Well, the whole I have to work twice as hard to be half as good as the white man mindset is problematic to begin with.

i had a lot of issues with the haitian church i grew up in but one thing that pushed very often was the fact that Jesus wasn't white. come to think of it, i dont think ive seen images of jesus depicted in any of the protestant and baptist churches ive attended over the years. catholic churches on the other hand are all about that stuff

I was raised as a Catholic, in a Catholic family, was an alter server, and joined the Knights of Columbus at a very young age...like right after catechism.

Can still recite Catholic prayers by heart.

What I will say is that the reality of religion today is extremely complex.

Remember – these organizations are made of and led by people.

None of which are any closer to (or further away from) divinity than anyone else.

Depicting Jesus / God as anything at all is heresy:

Exodus 20:4–6 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

There is a reason we never see depictions of Mohammed.

Romans (reluctantly) crucified Jesus at the constant behest of rabbis in Judea, who wanted him dead because he was a threat to them and thier positions of power...(bullwhips and such).

Yet nobody even questions how his crucifiction became the symbol of the Roman Catholic Church.

The depiction's we see of Jesus were invented for the powers of the Church...

CATHOLIC CHURCH TIMELINE OF CRITICAL POINTS IN HISTORY

Last edited:
Ill go one step further, he wasnt even real. Man walks on water? fed 60 people 2 fish? born from a Virgin woman? Lived and died woke up and went into heaven in the sky and one day will come back to Earth?

Sounds like a fairytale to me.

Our people need to be free of this white supremacy nonsense and homeboy Jesus is a major part of it.

It is a fact Jesus/Yeshua The Nazarene lived. Most scholars conclude that (see Josephus). Even atheist Richard Dawkins admits he existed.

Where the debate begins is the extraordinary feet's your described. That is a matter of faith. Not something I can convince you or any one of.

Can the fabric of our reality be bent? It doesn't seem you believe so. I do. That's the basic difference. I believe there is much more to our existence than what we currently experience, and their are some who can tap into that at will.

Knowing that, I cannot dismiss something simply because it doesn't fit my understanding.

Last edited:
It is a fact Jesus/Yeshua The Nazarene live. Most scholars conclude that (see Josephus). Even atheist Richard Dawkins knows he existed.

Where the debate begins is the extraordinary feet's your described. That is a matter of faith. Not something I can convince you or any one of.

Can the fabric of our reality be bent? It doesn't seem you believe so. I do. That's the basic difference. I believe there is much more to our existence than what we currently experience, and their are some who can tap into that at will.

Knowing that, I cannot dismiss something simply because it doesn't fit my understanding.

so this magical man did all those things, died, and will eventually come back to the Earth?

It is a fact Jesus/Yeshua The Nazarene lived. Most scholars conclude that (see Josephus). Even atheist Richard Dawkins admits he existed.

I agree that Jesus existed, but you believe in the walk on water, water to wine, fish n' bread miracle stuff?

bob-marley-katherine-jackson.jpg

michael-jackson-lee-jaffe.png

1974-jackson_5_313.jpg

507340_original.jpg

This is probably the coolest thing ever, my aunt use to tell me the story of when The Jacksons came to perform in Jamaica and sang with Marley, her and her friends cut school that day to go to Kingston to try and get a glimpse of Jermaine.

Black people we all the same bros

I agree that Jesus existed, but you believe in the walk on water, water to wine, fish n' bread miracle stuff?
It's so interesting as to what people read as being literal, as opposed to metaphor.

:lol:

On the music thing...

Let's not even talk about how many know why babies born here automatically become citizens.

Can you elaborate on this? It wasn't until I moved back to Africa that I found out that you can be born in a country without gaining citizenship.

On Religion, in case you havent heard...

Whole thing is worth a listen if you have time.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on this? It wasn't until I moved back to Africa that I found out that you can be born in a country without gaining citizenship.
It was a reference to the 14th amendment. It was ratified because before that, children and grandchildren of slaves did not have automatic US citizenship at birth. It is one of the significant achievements of the reconstruction era.

It was a reference to the 14th amendment. It was ratified because before that, children and grandchildren of slaves did not have automatic US citizenship at birth. It is one of the significant achievements of the reconstruction era.

damn I didnt even know that

Back
Top Bottom