African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

I like KHUFU KHUFU hes a knowledgeable dude and he is on the right path. However he just another AFRICAN just like the rest of us in here. Its cool he learned an ancient Egyptian language and that should be applauded, but at the end of the day he just another BLACK/AFRICAN just like all of us

I’ve always wanted to discuss the cultural differences between US/African/Caribbean born blacks but I’ve never had a respectful place to do it.

Being a black man born in the US (parents as well) and dating Haitian, Nigerian, Jamaican women has really opened my eyes to how others view black Americans.

I never understood why Caribbean and African born blacks look down on American born Blacks. It's confusing to me

Question to you - Were you told by those women you dated that black americans are lazy or any other sterotypes in that same realm?

I never understood why Caribbean and African born blacks look down on American born Blacks. It's confusing to me

Question to you - Were you told by those women you dated that black americans are lazy or any other sterotypes in that same realm?

Lets get this clear NO ONE LOOKS DOWN ON AFRICAN-AMERICANS. I dont as a Jamaican

However, this is my observation and realization.

The best of the best from the Caribbean and Africa get to leave and come to America. Its a "brain drain" leaving the most lower class Africans and Caribbeans back home. Lets just say in Jamaica we have some people that the typical Afro-American would "look down upon"

So what happens is when we come here, we see the lowest classes of African-Americans and say "omg they are so lazy, while we came here and worked hard" thats the sentiment an ignorant person would have.

However we are quick to forget that the ones who get the opportunity to leave our homeland are the best ones and the lower class ones are still back home.

I hope you understand the misconceptions.

alot of it has to do with perspective. an often ignorant, misguided perspective, but perspective none the less. carrabean/african immigrants look at a lot of african americans as people who are squandering and taking resources/opportunities for granted. I cant count how many times ive heard the older generation of black immigrant folks say "if i was educated here i would have XYZ". Funny thing is i dont tend to see first generation kids of immigrant look down on african americans mostly because we grew up next to them.

Many black immigrants are ignorant of history and how white supremacy has had a particular hard on for african americans for hundreds of years

Last edited:
The pompous and hypocritical bomboclaat that claims to love Africa so much, yet chooses to become a American citizen and benefit from what my Black ancestors fought for in order for ungrateful people like him to have just so he can discredit them and look down on ppl like myself that identify w/ them and the culture they've built for me.

yo marikomorose marikomorose I just saw this in the last thread that I left cause yall were too dvisive as black people., yall were too much on the African-American vs everyone else tip. Son lol, homeboy really went after me.

The divide between Black americans and those from the Caribbean is real. Much of it has to do with the perception that Black americans are supposedly lazy, then not taking advantage of opportunity that is supposedly available here in the US. The work ethic thing is what looms large, and that perception is what is attached to the right wing in america, the white supremacist wing of the government. The immigrant point of view of hard work is noble, but truly nothing but a scam toward the immigrant. Black Americans worked hard for free in this country, for four hundred years. Due to many immigrants not LEARNING that this is indeed the case, they come to this country believing the stereotypical imagery that is often associated with protest. The image of COMPLAINING.

I have said this before, yet it was deleted by an overzealous moderator on this site. It isn't until an immigrant to this country gets a police gun placed to his nose, that they begin to understand that they are indeed BLACK.
Your ignorant *** would have sat in the back of the bus in this country during segregation, regardless of how many jobs, or how many degrees you may have attained.

1573232440601.png

Oh boy

Its the Russians! :rolleyes

Many black immigrants are ignorant of history and how white supremacy has had a particular hard on for african americans for hundreds of years
To be precise, it would be ignorance of the smaller episodes of American history that shaped the current relationship between Blacks and non-Blacks. They do teach the civil Rights movement in foreign schools, but they don't teach the Rodney King riots or the Tulsa massacre.

Uggghhhhhh

Im reading some of yall and its like some of yall cant realize that there are UPPITY SNOBBISH BLACK PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. Same like there are down to Earth uniting black people everywhere.

A lof of these conversations are exhausting. "Omg, this one African dude looked down upon me, now I cant get over it" lol

Come on guys, lets all not be petty.

Uggghhhhhh

Im reading some of yall and its like some of yall cant realize that there are UPPITY SNOBBISH BLACK PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. Same like there are down to Earth uniting black people everywhere.

A lof of these conversations are exhausting. "Omg, this one African dude looked down upon me, now I cant get over it" lol

Come on guys, lets all not be petty.

I can say its still around but getting better. It's really the older generation or those that refuse to assimilate to american culture that still look down on African Americans.

I was born in the states so I relate more to African Americans than I do Africans.

Ultimately, f*** all the noise. What are we going to do to keep empowering blacks? Financial freedom and capital. Gain knowledge and resources from white supremacy and invest in yours.

Also, I like the ADOS even if it doesnt directly apply to me.

yo marikomorose marikomorose I just saw this in the last thread that I left cause yall were too dvisive as black people., yall were too much on the African-American vs everyone else tip. Son lol, homeboy really went after me.
*kmt
Nope, there was no "y'all" b/c I don't consider myself "African-American" for I am just Black. Now why are trying to start w/ me, didn't I tell you. DIDN'T. I. TELL. YOU! A MI FI TELL YU! NOT TO PRESS MI DERN BUTTONS. IS YU MAAD!? HUH? Memba mi tell yu? Don't press mi dern buttons u screbe bumbaclot. Dehz more tingz to be den a waste man. Shame, shame, shame.

I can say its still around but getting better. It's really the older generation or those that refuse to assimilate to american culture that still look down on African Americans.

I was born in the states so I relate more to African Americans than I do Africans.

Ultimately, f*** all the noise. What are we going to do to keep empowering blacks? Financial freedom and capital. Gain knowledge and resources from white supremacy and invest in yours.

Also, I like the ADOS even if it doesnt directly apply to me.
ADOS is ran by bigoted victims of white supremacy that ironically supports white supremacist . I support Black people from the states to the Ethiopian Jews getting abused in Israel. Idk if nor do I suspect that ADOS (the organization) share those beliefs.

ADOS is ran by bigoted victims of white supremacy that ironically supports white supremacist . I support Black people from the states to the Ethiopian Jews getting abused in Israel. Idk if nor do I suspect that ADOS (the organization) share those beliefs.
The new black media has been talking about it but I havent personally done my research.

I only learned that ADOS was an actual organization by watching Vlad interview Talib Kweli.

Based on the facts he provided about them..Im good.

Yeah I would do that b4 you stand by it. I originally thought it was just an acronym.
I just like the founding principles that highlight black empower and reputation. If thats just for glamour like black lives matter then that's a shame.

Random but I saw yall talking about visiting Ghana earlier.

Some good deals out of Northern California along with a couple of other major U.S. cities right now.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.27.55 AM.png

On a different note, anybody here in the tech industry or going to the AfroTech Conference this year?

It kicked off yesterday and my city is hosting it. Ran into two brothers from NY who are in town for it earlier.

I'm a developer myself, still brand new to the *****, decided I had to get a bag when the opportunity presented itself early in 2018.

Schedule of all the events online here, hit me if you in the Bay and trying to link. Probably gonna hit that day party on Sunday.

I just checked their site. Admission tickets are sold out. Smh

Yea I was a little disappointed to learn how expensive and exclusive most of the events are.

Still some cool side **** going on though.

Someone on twitter said AfroTech got downtown Oakland lookin like Wakanda. :lol:

They weren't lying it's hella people out.

son, the same thing to me too. Thats the platform that Tariq is running on now, making it seems as if non American blacks are their enemies
This is not true AT ALL.

Black American descendents of slaves are fighting for reparations and separating ourselves for the benefit of reparations and the BS that y'all don't check from your side ex. The racoons (use your imagination), nobody is making black non-ADOS brothers and sisters our enemy. We are simply pointing out the division and vitriol that comes from that side. We are all one, I truly believe that but we gotta start pointing out the discrepancies.

Back
Top Bottom