African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

I don't agree
She is gorgeous :emoji_heart_eyes:

Dominicans are so toxic to each other it's so messed up. Everything she said is facts :smh:
Yo are u Dominican, and if so then may provide so type of explanation (or understanding) as to why Dominican's like Ninjahood disrespect their blackness and have a racist pov towards Black ppl, but then will claim Dominican's don't gave don't have a issue w/ racism?

I've heard about Dominican's that did who shun their blackness, but until I came across NH I never experienced a interaction. I've been around a lot of Dominican's that are usually Black and have no problem saying it "I'm Dominican, but I'm Black."
the conscious "apologetically afrikan" space needs way more intellectualism. way more scholarship. way more historians. and way more people familiar with laws and civics. in this cancel culture age we got way too me activists advocating for change in spaces they have no expertise in canceling black people that are of value to black people. Byron Allen is a perfect example of that. I wasnt too sure about the whole court case until i listened to his 3 hour interview on the Karen Hunter show.

My stance is if something intersects with black people, than its a black issue. period. you dont have to stand for all people in the group but you have to stand for all black people in that group because in any given scenario, black people of any group are getting it worse off than anyone else.
layziegunts layziegunts

I don't agree

Yo are u Dominican, and if so then may provide so type of explanation (or understanding) as to why Dominican's like Ninjahood disrespect their blackness and have a racist pov towards Black ppl, but then will claim Dominican's don't gave don't have a issue w/ racism?

I've heard about Dominican's that did who shun their blackness, but until I came across NH I never experienced a interaction. I've been around a lot of Dominican's that are usually Black and have no problem saying it "I'm Dominican, but I'm Black."

layziegunts layziegunts

You from NY right? You never had this conversation before with anyone else? It's embedded in their culture, largely due to people like Trujilo

You from NY right? You never had this conversation before with anyone else? It's embedded in their culture, largely due to people like Trujilo
Yes, and nope. I never had thought to have this conversation b4 b/c the Dominican's I knew knew they were Black and definitely weren't racist, nor was I aware of the stigma/stereotype at the time. Just like I'm American and Black they were Dominican and Black.

I genuinely thought ninja was some racist white dude when I came across him in the confederate flag thread, and when I saw a picture of him I was surprised b/c he "looks" just as black if not blacker than me.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/1...ne-hours-later-with-gun-in-hand-to-surrender/

1574720434275.png
'

Yall think Blue Lives Matter gonna attack the killer?

That's not Meagan.

Other side:

She continued: “This is my complexion-the one I was born with… I tend to get lighter and darker depending upon how much sun I do or don’t get. I looove the sun. I’m a Cali gal, but as I’ve gotten older and especially more recently, since I’ve gotten into my 30s, I tend not to be in the sun as much because it ages your skin terribly. Simply put – i’m opting to preserve my skin by protecting it and only making exceptions for vacations…”

So basically Good has been staying indoors like an old-school momma warns not to get too darn from the sun on a hot summer day.

She says its due to a lack of Sun....
I do not know what to believe, but I can say this! That whole sun thing is nothing but a bunch of crap that white people made up, claiming that everyone is susceptible to damage from it. Melanin protects you from sun damage. The white chick up there is sunning her bunghole and Megan, a Black woman mind you, is afraid of getting old from it?!

Yeah I would say OG Megan went from a 5 to a 2 maybe?

Developed in 1975, dermatologists use the Fitzpatrick scale to determine how a person’s skin will react to sun exposure.

The Fitzpatrick scale
According to the scale, all skin tones fall into one of six categories:
  • Type 1: ivory skin that always freckles and burns, never tans
  • Type 2: fair or pale skin that burns and peels often, tans minimally
  • Type 3: fair to beige skin that occasionally burns, sometimes tans
  • Type 4: light brown or olive skin that rarely burns, tans easily
  • Type 5: brown skin that rarely burns, tans easily and darkly
  • Type 6: dark brown or black skin that rarely burns, always tans
Types 1 through 3 have the greatest sunburn risk. While types 4 through 6 have a lower risk, they can still occasionally burn.

Fitzpatrick skin classification with text.jpg

Skin-type-and-tanning-ability-based-on-the-Fitzpatrick-skin-pigmentation-scale.png

Back
Top Bottom