African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Neopolitan Negroes

They really somewhere putting in effort to look like this smh.

"Once I get white , nobody telling me nothin!!!!"

Lotta Jamaicans be on that bleach
_74075742_vybz1.jpg

Was gonna post it but I was being lazy. Lol

And having a hard time believing Megan. I know that happens but I never seen it that drastic before. Maybe she enhanced it with makeup and that's why it's coming off as drastic as it does.. I dunno. And what's wrong with getting old anyway, specially with all the makeup sorcery available.. I'm not buying it.

Either way, she looked better darker.

Last edited:
He is white
Was gonna post it but I was being lazy. Lol

And having a hard time believing Megan. I know that happens but I never seen it that drastic before. Maybe she enhanced it with makeup and that's why it's coming off as drastic as it does.. I dunno. And what's wrong with getting old anyway, specially with all the makeup sorcery available.. I'm not buying it.

Either way, she looked better darker.
Man I’m around her complexion and I never looked that pale. She looks sick.

Anyone checked out the new season of the Grapevine? Haven't been feeling the show like I used to.

Matter of fact, anyone got some new shows/series they wanna share?

Anyone checked out the new season of the Grapevine? Haven't been feeling the show like I used to.

Still keeping up with it because I think perspective isn’t important. But not every topic is as gripping as others. The African spirituality one that dropped recently was super interesting though.

Part of that diaspora crowd. American born. But my DNA results state Cameroon/Congo(Bantu) and some english blood ish..

Yea, mine was 26% Cameroon/Congo
Fam..

I still need to do the African Ancestry from that black owned company. Didnt find out about it until later.

Just had to get more info. Took a sociolgy class in college, and everyone knew a decent amount about their history, except for the 4 black dudes in the class with me. Grew up in americas Euro ignorance, but after reading and listening to speeches by, amos, garvey, **** greg, malcolm, mlk, booker T, mansa, tariq etc... i have a better foundation now..

Fam..

I still need to do the African Ancestry from that black owned company. Didnt find out about it until later.

Just had to get more info. Took a sociolgy class in college, and everyone knew a decent amount about their history, except for the 4 black dudes in the class with me. Grew up in americas Euro ignorance, but after reading and listening to speeches by, amos, garvey, **** greg, malcolm, mlk, booker T, mansa, tariq etc... i have a better foundation now..

See this is my problem.

Even with the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal these bammas want $270 damn dollars.

Ancestry.com is $50

Thats 440% more expensive!!!

Word?

Good listen. Kind of mirrors my sentiment & experiences.

https://www.wnyc.org/story/when-we-see-each-other/

Radio Rookie Arame Sene

Radio Rookie Arame Sene
( Veralyn Williams )
i

Dec 3, 2019 · by Arame Sene
From
SummaryTranscript

Radio Rookie Arame Sene came from Senegal in 2017. Until very recently, she didn't quite understand why black people in America identify as black--“why not African" like her, she wondered. Arame is surrounded by many Senegalese people both at home and in school, but her world is expanding. She is now constantly confronted by questions of identity she never had to consider before moving here, leading her to explore the complicated relationship between black Americans and African immigrants.
This year marks the 20th Anniversary of WNYC’s Radio Rookies program. Our stories are archived by subject here.

See this is my problem.

Even with the Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal these bammas want $270 damn dollars.

Ancestry.com is $50

Thats 440% more expensive!!!

Word?
We shouldn't be using any of these services at this time but there is a reason one is cheaper than the other.

I wrote this 4 years ago today on FB

Black people don't own anything in America, we don't own anything in Jamaica, but you know which devastates me the most (and you too)

Black people don't own nothing in Africa.

Our home, were we come from, where we were stolen. Europe did a number on the continent through extreme exploitation (don't believe me? how is France so rich and that county has ZERO natural resources?) that lasted well over 150 years. Now guess who is picking up. Big ole China.

Basically what China is doing is buying up all the raw material and natural resources they can get at unreasonable discounted prices. Take it back to China to process it into goods and sell it back to Africa nations with a mark-up. China has "invested" over $200 billion dollars on the continent in 2014 alone. Many countries have enclaves where the Chinese nationals move into to take over the surrounding resources. Many African politics are selling out the continent for the sake of making a quick buck. Not realizing that it's not a business partnership, but exploitation and unbalance trade that will leave the continent in dire crisis for generations to come.

Now why am I sooooooo concerned with Africa? I'm a Jamaican man living in American right?

Think about this. Every race of people on this planet their homeland is respectable enough that it carries with that person wherever they go. White people have Europe and America, Chinese have China, Indians have India, Jews have Isreal. Black people have Africa, the least respected continent on Earth. How can you expect someone to respect you as an African-American when they don't even respect Africa, your home?

Black people we need to open our eyes, we aren't doing well anywhere and we won't get anywhere until our home is respected and most importantly, has power.

I need to go to sleep. Bye

Back
Top Bottom