African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Kamala is being sold as a symbolic victory for the Black and Asian community.

Warning Rusty, I'm posting a video from political grifters.

Kamala is being sold as a symbolic victory for the Black and Asian community.

Warning Rusty, I'm posting a video from political grifters.

What's the purpose of posting this, and what's the purpose of complaining more about Democrats than those people who want nothing to do with Black folks and who are in the process of establishing a system of permanent white minority rule for the next 50-100 years?

The big picture is this: the under 18-yo population is majority non-white, which means that under the current political system, more people of color (I'm using the term deliberately) will continue to gain power in the US and it will happen in the next decade or two. The GOP saw it in 2012, and their strategists established a road map to maintain their power by dropping the racist faction of the party and targeting more non-white folks. However, the Tea Party/Neo-Confederate faction of the GOP successfully wrestled power from the business elite/fiscal conservatives and went on to transform the party into the last ideological bastion of white supremacy/white identity politics during the last years of Obama's term. With the Shelby vs Holder decision of 2013, southern states were able to get rid of a major element of the voting rights act that would allow them to control who can vote at the state level, and which made possible the discriminatory voter policies we've seen prior to 2018. Furthermore, they've been able to manipulate electoral maps to their advantage to the point that in some states, Democratic voters account for 60% of the voting public but the level of Democratic representation in state assemblies is 40% or lower.

Still, the blue wave of 2018 proved that turnout could beat the Republican plan of minority rule, so they decided to directly attack voting itself and the institutions that make it possible for the upcoming election.

This is the backdrop against which I'm suppose to consider that Kamala Harris is not black enough or pandering or [insert excuse to cast doubt on the Democratic ticket], and quite frankly, I don't give a **** that she had an affair, that she identifies as Indian sometimes and black other times, or that she said she smoked weed while listening to Tupac in college because when I think about the possibility of a second Trump term, I can see how Conservatives will use the courts and the executive branch to mold the US into an American version of Apartheid South Africa, and I won't live in such an America.

I knew in June they would throw black folks a meatless bone to chew in when the riots got crazy. Once again police brutality has been silenced into submission.

Junes energy seems like 2 years ago.

What's the purpose of posting this, and what's the purpose of complaining more about Democrats than those people who want nothing to do with Black folks and who are in the process of establishing a system of permanent white minority rule for the next 50-100 years?

The big picture is this: the under 18-yo population is majority non-white, which means that under the current political system, more people of color (I'm using the term deliberately) will continue to gain power in the US and it will happen in the next decade or two. The GOP saw it in 2012, and their strategists established a road map to maintain their power by dropping the racist faction of the party and targeting more non-white folks. However, the Tea Party/Neo-Confederate faction of the GOP successfully wrestled power from the business elite/fiscal conservatives and went on to transform the party into the last ideological bastion of white supremacy/white identity politics during the last years of Obama's term. With the Shelby vs Holder decision of 2013, southern states were able to get rid of a major element of the voting rights act that would allow them to control who can vote at the state level, and which made possible the discriminatory voter policies we've seen prior to 2018. Furthermore, they've been able to manipulate electoral maps to their advantage to the point that in some states, Democratic voters account for 60% of the voting public but the level of Democratic representation in state assemblies is 40% or lower.

Still, the blue wave of 2018 proved that turnout could beat the Republican plan of minority rule, so they decided to directly attack voting itself and the institutions that make it possible for the upcoming election.

This is the backdrop against which I'm suppose to consider that Kamala Harris is not black enough or pandering or [insert excuse to cast doubt on the Democratic ticket], and quite frankly, I don't give a **** that she had an affair, that she identifies as Indian sometimes and black other times, or that she said she smoked weed while listening to Tupac in college because when I think about the possibility of a second Trump term, I can see how Conservatives will use the courts and the executive branch to mold the US into an American version of Apartheid South Africa, and I won't live in such an America.

people thinking microscopically is exactly what the GOP/tea party folk are banking on. People have this weird mindset that supporting Biden/Harris is giving them a pass for the crime bill or Harris’s prosecutorial record while they’ve both pivoted to a platform that looks to dismantle the systems they’re wagging their fingers at Biden/Harris taking part. Meanwhile the other side is arguably MORE regressive on all those issues than they were back then. We got to get out of our feelings long enough to be strategic and make use of EVERY political tool at our disposal.

I knew in June they would throw black folks a meatless bone to chew in when the riots got crazy. Once again police brutality has been silenced into submission.

Junes energy seems like 2 years ago.
It hasn't been silenced. Right now, there is a bigger issue at hand (the attempt to openly steal the election) that will legitimize the extrajudicial DHS squads they put on the ground in Portland. The federal government typically doesn't interfere with city/state affairs unless governors specifically request help, but Trump has shown a willingness to bypass governors and bring in his hybrid federal troops (who are trained to handle people who don't have the same rights as Americans). He has shown that he is willing to bypass Congress's power of the purse to issue E.O.s directing the treasury to disburse money (unconstitutional). Those are not red flags; those are scarlet soccer-sized fan banners. You worried about police brutality? I'm worried about death squads that disappear people in the middle of the night.

Let's raise the issues of Biden/Harris on January 21st, after they've been sworn in. Right now and until the second Tuesday of November, they're Saints as far as I'm concerned.

Let's raise the issues of Biden/Harris on January 21st, after they've been sworn in. Right now and until the second Tuesday of November, they're Saints as far as I'm concerned.

well said, I ain't got time for this right now when there is someone leaps and bounds worse on the other side

117194453_10158439794044098_3129240951232128105_n.jpg

But nobody is tearing down a black women tho

What makes this meme even more trash is that it continues the narrativ that it would be black folks fault got the election (or re election) of Trump. Dont put that on my people

Btw those last three characteristics can be made for both presidential candidate, jus saying

But nobody is tearing down a black women tho

What makes this meme even more trash is that it continues the narrativ that it would be black folks fault got the election (or re election) of Trump. Dont put that on my people

Btw those last three characteristics can be made for both presidential candidate, jus saying
I left your comment alone for so many days for a reason, in the hope that you'd realize how moronic your response was.

I hope that it worked.

I left your comment alone for so many days for a reason, in the hope that you'd realize how moronic your response was.

I hope that it worked.
Not understanding how my response is moronic but alright bro, im not here to argue with you. But Im not gonna sit here and act like what you post is accurate either

ggarvinxx3 ggarvinxx3 bro stop with the crap about she isn’t a Black woman.

only people who are 100% Sub-Saharan African are black? Because if that’s the case most black people on this side of the Atlantic isn’t black by your definition.

ggarvinxx3 ggarvinxx3 bro stop with the crap about she isn’t a Black woman.

only people who are 100% Sub-Saharan African are black? Because if that’s the case most black people on this side of the Atlantic isn’t black by your definition.
There are a lot of Black people on the other side of the Atlantic who wouldn't fit this description either. In Benin and Angola, you have communities that have Portuguese deep in their lineage (descendants of 17th/18th century merchants who established themselves in the coastal areas of both countries). Descendants of freed Black Americans and Black Caribbeans returned to Africa and settled in Sierra Leone and Liberia with all the mixed genes they brought back from the Americas. Southern/Eastern Africa is its own basket case with Indians, Arabs, Chinese, and Europeans who mingled with the various local populations.

As KHUFU KHUFU likes to say, the litmus test is where you'd sit on the bus in 1955.

There are a lot of Black people on the other side of the Atlantic who wouldn't fit this description either. In Benin and Angola, you have communities that have Portuguese deep in their lineage (descendants of 17th/18th century merchants who established themselves in the coastal areas of both countries). Descendants of freed Black Americans and Black Caribbeans returned to Africa and settled in Sierra Leone and Liberia with all the mixed genes they brought back from the Americas. Southern/Eastern Africa is its own basket case with Indians, Arabs, Chinese, and Europeans who mingled with the various local populations.

As KHUFU KHUFU likes to say, the litmus test is where you'd sit on the bus in 1955.
Damned skippy!

Ok everyone, before y'all start giving me more history lessons on the origins of black people, my specific comment was towards Kamala Harris and that text picture that was posted above. She goes outta her way to label herself as a "person of color". She's one of those black when its convenient types. Everyone who's your skin folk aint ya kin folk y'all remember that.

Back
Top Bottom