African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

"This romance and the obstacles it encountered say a lot about the mentality of a part of newly decolonised Africa and the realities of life in Gabon at the time. Above all, it reveals the relationship that the black populations of Jamaica, the Caribbean and perhaps even the US had with an idealised continent, which was fantasised about but generally very little known."

Never knew that, thank you

GM people on NTWT

giphy.gif

I knew of my Portuguese ancestry on my maternal grandfather's side (he was 1/4 Portuguese), but I only recently discovered that it goes back as far as 1831. One of my great granduncles looks at least 80% European. My maternal grandmother was also 1/4 Chinese, and I likely have British ancestry on both sides of my family. I think my maternal side only started getting predominantly Afrikan in the twentieth century.

Last edited:
I see where he's coming from but he's omitting that it's competitive sports and (unfortunately) Japan's just way more advanced when it comes to professional sports infrastructures etc. Moreover, Japan already invested in Osaka's career and training. Don't get me wrong tho, i would LOVE for her to be an haitian champ but it's just not realistic imo.

Last edited:

gry60 gry60 How does this (below) work when Nigeria is an Anglophone country?

"Months earlier, the Nigerian teen had been rated as the "Top in the World" in English as a second language (speaking endorsement) by the University of Cambridge International Examination (CIE). Victory aced the Cambridge IGCSE exam -- acquiring A* in all six subjects she sat for."

Hopefully the roads get built before they start importing EVs. Gotta give Fally Ipupa something to drive his supercars on 😆

Fingers crossed though...

This was good. Finally got a chance to watch it last night. Rapper dude looking out for his folks was a good look.

:smh: KHUFU KHUFU blastercombo blastercombo THere was a preacher dude selling Gasoline Lemonade that cures aids, epilepsy, and blindness. :smh: :lol: Yall's christian brothers.

This is wild and yet not unbelievable cuz....Murica. She's the only female astronaut I even know of.

This was good. Finally got a chance to watch it last night. Rapper dude looking out for his folks was a good look.

:smh: KHUFU KHUFU blastercombo blastercombo THere was a preacher dude selling Gasoline Lemonade that cures aids, epilepsy, and blindness. :smh: :lol: Yall's christian brothers.
Poison or emptying your bank account for Jesus....... how do grown adults still subject themselves to organized religion?

To try and THINK like Jesus is an effort in righteousness. To be a christian is to be a member of a cult.

gry60 gry60 How does this (below) work when Nigeria is an Anglophone country?

"Months earlier, the Nigerian teen had been rated as the "Top in the World" in English as a second language (speaking endorsement) by the University of Cambridge International Examination (CIE). Victory aced the Cambridge IGCSE exam -- acquiring A* in all six subjects she sat for."
I don't know. It looks like she registered for that particular subject because the IGCSE exam also includes several "English as a first language" subjects.

I don't know. It looks like she registered for that particular subject because the IGCSE exam also includes several "English as a first language" subjects.

English is the official language of countries like Nigeria and Ghana. There are like 200 or so traditional languages spoken there but in their formal education everyone who lives in a nonrural area learns English first and usually their traditional language at home. So a lot of African anglophones are bilingual which is dope.

It reminds me of this comedian who said he had to educate people who said they were surprised his English was so good not knowing Nigeria was controlled by the British and they use very British words to describe things.

Cookies are biscuits in Nigeria. The trunk of the car is called a boot.

Back
Top Bottom