African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Its crazy how much black people want to be everything except black or African, that's the biggest and first hurdle and it is to have a common identity. I met this Nation of Islam brother one time and he tried to get me to read this book about how we not Africans, but we "Asiatic black man" I told him get that **** outta my face.

:lol: If dude was still trying to forge a relationship why does it matter if he didn't think we all came from Africa..... what does that help in the grand scheme of things? becuase depending on where your from there's many black people who have zero ties to Africa culturally.

:lol: If dude was still trying to forge a relationship why does it matter if he didn't think we all came from Africa..... what does that help in the grand scheme of things? becuase depending on where your from there's many black people who have zero ties to Africa culturally.

whats good my African brother

Common mind, common home…Unity. Dropping of foreign culture to get back to your domestic culture (African) which has been adulterated, demonized, shamed, perverted, etc is only a positive. Many black people having zero ties to Africa culturally is in and of itself a huge problem.

Common mind, common home…Unity. Dropping of foreign culture to get back to your domestic culture (African) which has been adulterated, demonized, shamed, perverted, etc is only a positive. Many black people having zero ties to Africa culturally is in and of itself a huge problem.

Thank you bro

Ask any Jewish person in their diaspora and they will say Isreal is their true home

Ask any Chinese person in the diaspora and they will say China is their true home

but with us black people, we have to try and distance ourselves from Africa. Mind you the continent with the most resources on this planet, while outsiders rape and pillage the land. INSANE

We have some serious identity issues man. Im not saying all black people need to move to Africa tomorrow, but we cant even do the basic things like saying "my mother land is Africa". We will forever be lost.

This is something black americans can't accomplish here & we all grew up in similar cultures, its extreme wishful thinking. I agree that their should definitely be a relationship with Africa, but expecting people to adopt & lean towards African culture when they've had no connection to it for 100's of years is a difficult ask.

This is something black americans can't accomplish here & we all grew up in similar cultures, its extreme wishful thinking. I agree that their should definitely be a relationship with Africa, but expecting people to adopt & lean towards African culture when they've had no connection to it for 100's of years is a difficult ask.

It kinda depends on your household too, because im jamaican but my father side of the family is really into the whole Africa thing, he leans more towards Rastafari and you cant have rasta without Africa. Im the first one in my generation to go to Africa since coming over from the slave ships.

So it depends, its really not that hard to go and buy a dashiki lol

It kinda depends on your household too, because im jamaican but my father side of the family is really into the whole Africa thing, he leans more towards Rastafari and you cant have rasta without Africa. Im the first one in my generation to go to Africa since coming over from the slave ships.

So it depends, its really not that hard to go and buy a dashiki lol

And thats all i'm really getting to, for the record i'm not against black people learning about African culture & tradition & trying to form a bond.

My thing is even if we knew 100% that every single black person roots originated in Africa, there has been so much time & separation from those roots, that most aren't going to have any felt connection to the land or people unless they have direct family who passed it down.

That's why I don't really waste my time and breath on africa/black issues anything anymore. So much depth and idiots are still fighting about ados or whatever it's called. Majority of black ppl don't even have the intelligence (not bcuz they're black but bcuz they're a modern human and the majority of modern humans are extremely unintelligent) and we're so far gone. So now I just look to build with intelligent people. With intelligence we can create something that benefits a group of people which seems to be more efficient than trying to convince unintelligent people of their history and the ills & perils that have been placed on them in which said person will fight you and make excuses as to why they deny all those realities. Christianity and islam still dominate black culture whether overtly or covertly in black subconscious minds in 2022 lol...I hung up my sword and shield on that battlefront

Thank you bro

Ask any Jewish person in their diaspora and they will say Isreal is their true home

Ask any Chinese person in the diaspora and they will say China is their true home

but with us black people, we have to try and distance ourselves from Africa. Mind you the continent with the most resources on this planet, while outsiders rape and pillage the land. INSANE

We have some serious identity issues man. Im not saying all black people need to move to Africa tomorrow, but we cant even do the basic things like saying "my mother land is Africa". We will forever be lost.

i can see the point, i’d just say you haven’t spoken to enough jewish & chinese folk…those that do have a connection to their people’s place of origin likely literally have a connection to said place, primarily through either family or upbringing, but there exist people of many ethnic backgrounds whose families have emigrated to other countries and have lived there for generations & call those countries home…(most) black peoples don’t deny their origins, they just don’t have a real reason to claim ‘africa’

the fact of the matter is black (american) people played a big part in building this country and don’t have that explicit tangible connection to ‘the motherland’ beyond skin color for obvious reasons outside of their control. and while it perhaps would be a good thing to build/have a connection to the african continent (which countries?) why would it be necessary?

Last edited:
Thank you bro

but with us black people, we have to try and distance ourselves from Africa
. Mind you the continent with the most resources on this planet, while outsiders rape and pillage the land. INSANE

Admittedly, this describes me. I know my ancestors are predominantly Nigerian, Ghanaian and Congolese but home to me is Antigua and the nine other islands in which my family is rooted. Tbh I just started looking into my African roots a few years ago. Very few people in my family have any interest in anything beyond the Caribbean/North America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom