African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

121231198_10222571099360131_1216536163863912288_n.jpg

What's up w/ the obsession w/ Egypt? Why not Sudan, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, or Mali?
Late but the Mali, Ethiopian, Songhai, and Kingdom of Ghana were all great in their own right. Especially Ethopia since they maintained Christianity for some time despite the Muslim Caliphates surrounding them.

Late but the Mali, Ethiopian, Songhai, and Kingdom of Ghana were all great in their own right. Especially Ethopia since they maintained Christianity for some time despite the Muslim Caliphates surrounding them.
I’m aware, but I’m not sure about black ppl in other countries, but the “woke” black ppl here in the U.S. almost never mention those other countries. Only Egypt.

They have been using Mansa Musa more often in recent years though.

Ironically after I made that post, “Egypt” was trending b/c Egyptians & other African’s were telling Americans and specifically Black American’s to shut the hell b/c they were arrogantly/ignorantly imposing their hearsay views on Egyptian’s and their culture.

I’m aware, but I’m not sure about black ppl in other countries, but the “woke” black ppl here in the U.S. almost never mention those other countries. Only Egypt.

Ironically after I made that post, “Egypt” was trending b/c Egyptians & other African’s were telling Americans and specifically Black American’s to shut the hell b/c they were arrogantly/ignorantly imposing their hearsay views on Egyptian’s and their culture.
I think teachers/educators only mention them because of their close proximity and relationship with Greece/Rome.

Egypt curiously is the only African country with a field of study (Egyptology) behind it. Egyptology largely started as a private club for elites (i.e. Napoleon the first Egyptologist) to trade and hoard looted antiques.

Black people who are only into Ancient Egypt but not into the current affairs of Africa are weirdos to me.
In the world's cultural memory, Egypt survives as a symbolic market of the ancient 1st World. Much like we currently refer to Europe and USA. Peoples always want to align themselves with power or appear to be in that same legacy. The hoteps grovel overr Egypt just as much as western society as a whole does.

Black people who are only into Ancient Egypt but not into the current affairs of Africa are weirdos to me.
Well some people prefer history(especially "golden ages") rather than current events. I like to watch shows like "AfroPop", "Afro-Latina Travels", and "Focus on Africa". ****, today I just watch something about a luxury rail-line making its debut in South Africa. I also keep an eye on documentaries, especially coming from Vice, Netflix, Vox, Buzzfeed, and Mashable.

Those so called Egyptians are not the indigenous people of that land. The true Egyptians are indeed Black, dark as ALL of Africa originally was, with those Arabs who claim Egypt coming thousands of years later. The original Egyptians are still there, small amount, but there, then treated like Black people are treated here in america. Much of the interest comes through understanding that Egypt was once the center of the world, due to the Nile. Also, I posted this in it's own thread over a month ago,

B909A745-202E-40AD-AC50-1AF6D629D890.jpeg

which shows the origins and influences of different beliefs, religions. If you look closely, you'll see what came first, and why people who are now considering ATR's, African Belief Systems over the Abrahamic faiths, look to Egypt, especially Kemeticism.

I am Kemetic. However, my studies did not begin, nor end with the scribe Metu Neter, as what also might be the real reason for the popularity of Ancient Egypt in this day and age. The Book Of Coming Forth By Day, has had a bounce in popularity over the past twenty years as well.

People are disappointed in what they have had to learn on their own, about how Black people were living well WAAAAAYYYY before white people crawled out of those caves, way back when. While understanding that Universities actually existed, and that people were indeed civilized before white people stopped painting themselves blue, the evidence of what we were, is on the walls of those tombs in the Pyramids. Evidence of our inventing martial arts, weight training, higher learning, mastering science, this was done by Black people, not Arabs.

When you visit the pyramids, in the burial sections, the tombs. White people are not allowed in there. Black people are, because those buried there are considered OUR ancestors. This is key, because there was a time, the Nile River connected us all, those of us who are now indeed Black. Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt, Nubia, were all controlling everything in regard to wealth, education, civilization.

Interesting

tl;dr no slave registers for Antiguans 1817-1832/no records of country of birth were made for Antigua, thus the Moravian Church records from 1757-1833 may be the best representation of the African origins of Afro-Antiguans. The first enslaved Africans arrived around 1674, but this is still highly valuable. I guess that we're primarily Nigerian, Ghanaian and Congolese. I also had no idea of Creole Antiguans, but this wasn't news to my mother.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion? I find it disrespectful and annoying when non-black people try to tell, or question black people on, how and what they should/n't do or feel "as a black man/woman".

For the record, I also apply this idea to other black people, I'm not going to try to tell foundational black Americans how to feel about anything pertaining to their issues because I'm a Canadian with Caribbean parents. If my opinion is requested, then fine but otherwise, no.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion? I find it disrespectful and annoying when non-black people try to tell, or question black people on, how and what they should/n't do or feel "as a black man/woman".

For the record, I also apply this idea to other black people, I'm not going to try to tell foundational black Americans how to feel about anything pertaining to their issues because I'm a Canadian with Caribbean parents. If my opinion is requested, then fine but otherwise, no.

Ill say this and Ill say this until the day I die, black people all over the diaspora have too much in common to be in fighting. We lived and evolved together for thousands of years, then 400 years ago we got split up. Too much of that going on now between Afro-Americans, Africans, Caribbeans, etc. we have a much bigger enemy to be spending too much time infighting.

Ill say this and Ill say this until the day I die, black people all over the diaspora have too much in common to be in fighting. We lived and evolved together for thousands of years, then 400 years ago we got split up. Too much of that going on now between Afro-Americans, Africans, Caribbeans, etc. we have a much bigger enemy to be spending too much time infighting.

I agree. My previous post wasn't intended to encourage infighting, but my fault if so. We shouldn't be divided, but we are and we know why. I think this can work (not ideal, but workable) if we can coexist and respect each other, and I think that this includes not trying to lecture and reprimand other black people from different backgrounds/cultures pertaining to how they should feel about their internal issues. No matter how much research that I conduct, I will never quite understand how it is to be an Afro-Latino, FBA, continental African, etc. because I never lived it. Therefore, out of respect, I feel that my two cents on those internal issues should only be provided on request. But again, I completely agree with you that we have too much in common to be infighting. No problems to anyone that disagrees with my sentiments as well.

Last edited:

the story of America invading Grenada because of their links with Cuba during the Cold War is wild as hell. I spent a couped days in Grenada back in 2015 and this one old dude explained the whole situation to me so vividly one night, I never forgot it.

• Fire
Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom