African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 youre wrong and you don’t live in NYC so you’re coming off of second hand experience.

Basically this thread isn’t a petty thread about who don’t like who and who don’t like the other. Black people are not perfect and we have our issues within the diaspora but this isn’t the thread for that bro.

Basically this thread isn’t a petty thread about who don’t like who and who don’t like the other. Black people are not perfect and we have our issues within the diaspora but this isn’t the thread for that bro.
Bruh, I lived in NYC for years prior to the pandemic, until I rented a house outside of the city when things got crazy.

My girlfriend is a Jamaican from NYC, best friend is a Trinidadian dude, I have plenty of folks in my circle from everywhere. I’m well aware of what this thread is, but because I stated something you guys don’t agree with I’m being petty and arguing about who doesn’t like each other?

I’m not even trying to argue, this is a discussion forum. Like I said before, I’m not saying there’s blatant **** going on but if we’re going to pretend like everything is all good then I respectfully disagree with that.

Last edited:
You haven’t seen any division between Africans, AA’s and Caribbeans in NYC?

I still see it in NYC now.

I know you asked about folks in NYC but honestly EYE see it being more of a thing online than I do in the real world.

I am NOT saying it doesn't exist in the real world.

Can you give some examples of what you HAVE observed?

I come in peace.

Alright, this is my story.

I’m Jamaican came to America when I was 9 and grew up in Brooklyn, I’m fortunate to been able to go back and forth to Jamaica a lot pretty much my whole life (especially my adult life and I even spent like 5 weeks there and come back like a week ago), so I still feel very Jamaican.

So I’m like a Jamerican (corny) since I became an American citizen recently too.

On top of that growing up in Brooklyn I have had a TON of West Indian and African American friends, not just Jamaican. When I went to college in Buffalo most of my best friends in there were Nigerian and Ghanaian

Oh, I’ve also BEEN TO AFRICA 5 TIMES (Egypt, Morocco, GHANA, KENYA, SOUTH AFRICA)

I can’t stress how much I’m ingratiated in the African/black diaspora regardless of nationality. This is why I created this same thread, because I realize our similarities are too crazy to ignore. I even have a travel blog to celebrate the black diaspora @theonelovechronicles on ig

Are there differences between Caribbeans, Africans, and African Americans? Of course, but they are PETTY and MINOR compared to the greatness that black people together have.

Like for example I remember in HS there was a beef with some of the Haitian dudes and Jamaican dudes, if you’re an African American that is petty, stupid, and little right? Exactly

Leave the pettiness and childish hate and enjoy the black diaspora guys. Let’s build instead of try to tear each other down ✊🏿

So when I see a person who don’t even have 1/10th the experience of me all over the black world try to tell me there is actual tension between the groups it’s just dumb and annoying man. Thank you

Last edited:
Didn’t even come back to this thread after seeing your initial response, but now I see what you added with the sneaky edit. Now it’s the black Olympics. Go ahead, man. :lol:

You know nothing about my background or where I’ve traveled, but hey if it makes you feel better that’s great.

While i do think the internet overblows the topic idk how anyone can refute that there is a division amongst many of the groups.

I think a lot of that is moreso from elders of specific regions, but those elders tend to pass down those ideas. I also think that within the black community it's more based on classism than anything else.

I also think that within the black community it's more based on classism than anything else.

Yeah classism is the big one. It’s no different than classism within other ethnicities, though. But I will say among the young black population I notice more willingness to socialize among different social classes. For example, I can think of more than a few bars in Brooklyn where young (under 35) black people go and it’s a mix of middle class to upper middle class white collar, college educated black people and more middle class, blue collar, working class types. I view that as a positive thing. You really don’t see a ton of that in the white community, in my opinion.

Last edited:
usabasketball08 usabasketball08 what sneaky edits? All I did was correct some typos.

Either way Tariq Nasheed Jr if you dont like non black Americans here is another thread that will be better for you

Black Culture Thread

This thread is for all black people regardless of what nationality you are, so stop trying to sow divisions

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 what sneaky edits? All I did was correct some typos.

Either way Tariq Nasheed Jr if you dont like non black Americans here is another thread that will be better for you

Black Culture Thread

This thread is for all black people regardless of what nationality you are, so stop trying to sow divisions
Tariq Nasheed Jr? You’re corny, knock it off. I don’t like non black Americans but I date a Jamaican woman and grew up with folks from across the globe as I said before? :lol: Ok

I find it funny how you said leave the pettiness out of this thread and then you say some corny **** like

“Oh, I’ve also BEEN TO AFRICA 5 TIMES (Egypt, Morocco, GHANA, KENYA, SOUTH AFRICA)”

As I said before, you know nothing about my background. I really hope you aren’t over the age of 25 talking like that. Carry on, my man.

Alright the trolls have taken over the thread, when y’all get back to having actual discussions about the black world I’ll come back on NT.

Y’all take care

Black people can never build and come together, this thread for the longest time wasn’t about petty divisions and 17 year old jokes until recently. Black people we have to do better.

Right. Says the guy who’s been to Africa five times.

I have no beef with anyone in this thread. I stated my opinion, you stated yours. But like I said before, it’s a discussion forum and because I said something you don’t agree with, I’m a troll, Tariq Nasheed Jr. and so on. Got it.

Saying that black men only think about voting republican because they hate gays is exactly why i do what i do in the politics thread :lol:.
Hate to interject but I was lost with this too.

I don't like that we as a people are so pigeonholed into voting Democrat especially when the Dems have let us down time and time again.

I get that the repubs can be off-putting but my vote is always up for grabs depending on what's on the table. Dems have gotten too comfortable with the "black" vote and it shows.

Joe Beezy isn't really doing much (although I did like his appointment of shorty to the Supreme Court) to win me over.

I'm never voting for Trump, but let a more moderate and less divisive republican candidate start running and I will at least have open ears.

By the way I'm not homophobic at all. I genuinely don't care who anyone else is sleeping with except my girl.

breakfas-cclub-donnell-rawlings.gif

@ Joe Beezy

but let a more moderate and less divisive republican candidate
😂

And after they've taken your vote, they're gonna run back to assuage the fears of their real base by telling teachers to stop reading "uncomfortable" books like Ruby Bridges Goes to School.

Why you guys keep falling for the bait and switch, I'll never know. And I find it very weird that some of us tolerate the outright lies better than we acknowledge the nature of policymaking in a democratic nation and the reality that we don't always get everything we want.

It doesn't feel great to be taken for granted, but when the choice is between supporting the party that will make sure black farmers are not left behind vs the party that will sue the government for giving them money, I know where I stand.

😂

And after they've taken your vote, they're gonna run back to assuage the fears of their real base by telling teachers to stop reading "uncomfortable" books like Ruby Bridges Goes to School.

Why you guys keep falling for the bait and switch, I'll never know. And I find it very weird that some of us tolerate the outright lies better than we acknowledge the nature of policymaking in a democratic nation and the reality that we don't always get everything we want.

It doesn't feel great to be taken for granted, but when the choice is between supporting the party that will make sure black farmers are not left behind vs the party that will sue the government for giving them money, I know where I stand.
I totally get where you come from and I respect your stance. However, we give the Dems too much power by blindly agreeing with them no matter what.

My vote should still be earned. Repubs haven't done that yet but I'm not closed off to the idea. Dems have certainly dropped the ball and done the bait and switch on many occasions.

All I want is to hold both parties accountable. Repubs have a terrible track records (especially after their backing of Trumpito). Our current president was way too comfortable with his "If you don't vote for me you're not black" statement.

I see a lot of crap hot takes regarding the rant I did the other day.

From my experience with black Republicans one of their main reasons for aligning themselves with the Republican Party is mainly because Democrats are more inline with advancing LGBT agendas. Not saying all black men who vote right, but most from my experience.

Left leaning agendas are usually more beneficial to people at the bottom of the social economic structure and that’s why whenever I vote I always vote left.

NOT saying that you he Democratic Party is anywhere near perfect (they are not and especially Joe Biden after his speech saying we need to fund the police even more 🤦🏾‍♂️) plus I rather Bernie Sanders.

The current Republican Party is THE racist party and when I see black men wanting to align themselves with them MOST of the reasons why is mainly because of their homophobic stances. That’s all

Not true

All we we really want is something specifically for us.. Damn they have to be perfect for us...but got money for Ukraine and Asian Hate crimes, don't hear how "Democratic Party is anywhere near perfect" then. Seems to happen next day like what fr?

Back
Top Bottom