AIR ALERT III: YOUR EXPERIENCES/ADVICE?

Hi guys...im starting week 6 of air alert 3 tonight. i'm 5'10 and have always been able to grab rim, but i want to take it to the next level and start dunking a basketball. this program is hard! but i'm dedicated to stick it through the next 10 weeks and gain results. have any of you guys been able to get positive results from this program? and i know a lot of you guys will bring up how your knees hurt because of this program. i'm doing this in an indoor studio in my gym so i think my knees should be okay, and i havent felt any pains in my knees. thanks.

Don't do it. Will kill your knees. They did think it out a bit more than 1 or 2 after getting literally 1000's of complaints of tendinitis, jumper's knee, etc. that maybe 5x a week was too much so they made it 3 with a rest day in between, but it's still way too many contacts per workout, and doesn't incorporate a resistance training (particularly olympic lift) element which resistance training + plyometrics is the best formula. Don't get me wrong, it will work though but it's poorly thought and will lead to overtraining and doesn't really icncorporate enough different types of training working together to maximize results. Bbut there are better options out there, even for free. To this day my left knee cracks whenever I shift my weight, I can make it do it on purpose.

I'll post something else when I get home. Will you have access to weights? A field for some running/speed incorporation?

In the meantime, google Scott's Creation Vertical Jump Program. It's difficult, probably take you 60-90 minutes 3x a week, but it will work.

Kelly Baggett used to post on AthletesUnited and was a douche. Somebody proved this hoop was only 9 ft too. I like Jack Cascio better, all his stuff is free and on Youtube. See if you can find Mad Bounce x 2. That has a lot of exercises that weren't in everyone else's program at the time. I think I still got the book and VHS somewhere. What worked best for me was box/depth jumps, used to make me jump not only high but fast. I had all the programs from www.jumpforsts.com too although that is almost entirely plyo box related exercises. If you don't have one, it's easy to build one or find something to substitute.

kellybdunk2.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Kelly being a d-bag and the rim being 9ft has nothing to do with how effective his programs are. Kelly's programs and articles are top notch, a lot of strength coaches recommend them. Plus there is tons of free info on his site, so you can see homeboy knows that he is talking about

Absolutely, he just got exposed in terms of that photo which he was always posting. JumpingManual was his, right? That one was cool, I liked that it had a Sports psychology aspect.

Interesting. I want to increase my vertical by at least 4 inches so i can do two hand dunk

Last edited:
I had two friends that did AA1 and another did 2. Both developed nasty knee injuries afterwards. Were they able to jump higher? Sure, but at a cost of knee pains where they became useless midway through games.

Back
Top Bottom