AIR FORCE ONE LOW UTILITY OLIVE (ONE MONTH LATER)

DO YOU THINK THIS NEW LOOK DOES THE ORIGINAL AIR FORCE ONE JUSTICE?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Air Force One is probably one of my favourite shoes, it has an important part in sneaker history, and like the Jordan One, is known to people who don't care for sneakers as an iconic shoe. This reinvention is no different, the look and style is nearly identical to its root shoe, however detailing on the upper body of the shoe, back tab of the shoe and many Nike swooshes give it a modern and innovated feel.

What really struck me first was the 'strap' of sorts behind the large swoosh iconic to the Air Force One. It reads the general copyright messages you see on the inside of a shoe or on its label or box, it displays this in a similar fashion to Off White's often striking text on their clothing, it owns a generally ignored message, what it represents however, I do not know.

The other contrasting feature this shoe has to its predecessors is the many Swooshes, all of which are threaded in, what they mean or represent is unclear to me but physically they make the shoe a stand out and very attractive, what I, however, find complicating about them is when they become stained they are very difficult to make white again.

The actual colour of the shoe is a deep olive and go with many outfits, wether you match them with a green top, or wear them strikingly with all black or white clothes, they can both blend in or stand out and never seem to look bad, the only thing I could recommend is not to clash colours with them and not to wear them with shorts, and if you do wear longer socks, as the shoe is naturally very bulky it suits something above it and looks bizarre with your leg extruding from them much like a think stick.

Overall, I am loving this shoe, it is one of my first shoes in hopefully one day a large collection of streetwear.

- VARIOUS STOLEN IDEAS -

Back
Top Bottom