Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by 81KB

I remember when pics of these first dropped not too many people where feeling them.now that they came out everybody's on them.I wonder what changed

QFT & to answer your question ........ NT/ISS/Know nothing ebay resellers happened
WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY.

PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THE WORD INFLUENCES THE DOLLAR.

THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE WHO LURK THE JORDAN BRAND FORUM LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BIG THING TO RUN OUT AND COP AND RESELL AND NOT JUST RANDOMS BUT NIKETALK REGULARS AS WELL. I'M SEEING PEOPLE POST IN HERE THAT NEVER POST IN JORDAN BRAND.

I KNOW THIS DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A PUBLIC SNEAKER FORUM, BUT SAY FOR INSTANCE, EVERYONE CAME IN AND LOOKED AT THE INITIAL PICS AND TOLD THEMSELVES THOSE ARE NICE, I'LL GRAB A PAIR BUT DIDN'T POST ANY COMMENTS OF "NICE!!!!!!", "I GOTTA HAVE THESE!!", "COPPED X100000000" ETC. THEN THE PEOPLE LOOKING TO RESELL WOULD SEE A LOW POST COUNT ON THIS THREAD AND WOULD PRETTY MUCH PASS THESE UP AS A WAY TO RESELL. THAT WOULD OF MADE COPPING THESE VERY EASY. LOOK AT THE ORION 7'S, IF THAT THREAD HAD THE SAME COMMENTS AND POST COUNT AS THIS THREAD, THEN SELLERS WOULD OF BEEN ALL OVER THAT AND CAMPING WOULD BE NECESSARY TO COP. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THAT SHOE WAS HOT OR NOT.

BACK IN THE DAY, IT WAS EASY TO COP SNEAKERS BECAUSE IT WAS MOSTLY WORD OF MOUTH OR EASTBAY MAGAZINES OR ETC. YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? THE INTERNET HAPPENED.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

Originally Posted by sincere

I see this one dude shill bidding like there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't bid on his stuff on G.P./based on the fact that the auction is already flawed. His name is matthewbarr11 on eBay. It's obvious when the winning bidder has bid with you 100% of the time and has more than 1, 2, 3 and 4 feedbacks. You mean to tell me that he only buys from him? Lol! Shill bidding at it's finest or should I say it's worst!!! Lol!
roll.gif

I guess that he may called this a automated reserve price. Lol!
He's so stupid that he's done this many times before and he always leaves both of his accounts with feedback from each other. His other name is: rbard88. Wait for this one to be re-listed later, because he will end up being his best customer; like a weed man who smokes weed. Lol!
roll.gif
has anyone ever reported this guy? or is it better to have him just keep selling to himself?

Originally Posted by youngj00

I've seen the price of these shoes at $600 last week and they sat, $500 this week and they sat, $400 then $300+ "Buy It Now" prices yesterday and now people are starting auctions for $1, $100 and $175 today. I'm going to sit back and watch the resellers cut each others throats. They always do this, because they realize that they weren't the only person with this bright idea/vision of "Making It Big" scheme. Next thing you know...the sellers start chopping each others legs off by dropping their prices. Once that happens...none of the sellers have a price/leg to stand on. A sellers panic, pandemonium and reality starts to take over. Then their prices start to reflect an realistic price to match their new found reality.

I truly believe that there were way more resellers than buyers on this release. All the more reason why reality will settle in.

Some don't have to agree, but I've seen it time after time. Just sit back, relax and wait
pimp.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yep.

For most hyped releases, that's the typical run-down.  Your assessment was on point.  These too will suffer from the consequences of resellers themselves driving the price down to appeal to consumers by offering the best deal and/or the lowest price to consumers.  However, being that only selected areas/outlets received shipments, coupled with the fact that major retailers (Foot Locker, NikeTowns, Finishline, FootAction, Champs) nor boutiques or mom and pop stores received them, I highly doubt these will go for lower than double the retail price which is roughly $240.  At least, that's what I think.  Who knows.  I mean, who would of ever thought people would camp out for a release at an outlet/factory store?  Only time will tell.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I remember when pics of these first dropped not too many people where feeling them.now that they came out everybody's on them.I wonder what changed

QFT & to answer your question ........ NT/ISS/Know nothing ebay resellers happened

THERE ARE TONS OF PEOPLE WHO LURK THE JORDAN BRAND FORUM LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BIG THING TO RUN OUT AND COP AND RESELL AND NOT JUST RANDOMS BUT NIKETALK REGULARS AS WELL. I'M SEEING PEOPLE POST IN HERE THAT NEVER POST IN JORDAN BRAND.

I KNOW THIS DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A PUBLIC SNEAKER FORUM, BUT SAY FOR INSTANCE, EVERYONE CAME IN AND LOOKED AT THE INITIAL PICS AND TOLD THEMSELVES THOSE ARE NICE, I'LL GRAB A PAIR BUT DIDN'T POST ANY COMMENTS OF "NICE!!!!!!", "I GOTTA HAVE THESE!!", "COPPED X100000000" ETC. THEN THE PEOPLE LOOKING TO RESELL WOULD SEE A LOW POST COUNT ON THIS THREAD AND WOULD PRETTY MUCH PASS THESE UP AS A WAY TO RESELL. THAT WOULD OF MADE COPPING THESE VERY EASY. LOOK AT THE ORION 7'S, IF THAT THREAD HAD THE SAME COMMENTS AND POST COUNT AS THIS THREAD, THEN SELLERS WOULD OF BEEN ALL OVER THAT AND CAMPING WOULD BE NECESSARY TO COP. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THAT SHOE WAS HOT OR NOT.

BACK IN THE DAY, IT WAS EASY TO COP SNEAKERS BECAUSE IT WAS MOSTLY WORD OF MOUTH OR EASTBAY MAGAZINES OR ETC. YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? THE INTERNET HAPPENED.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

Co-sign that!
wink.gif

Even with people with 100 or less post, people just creep out of nowhere or they new to NT!

Originally Posted by sneakhead361

Sawgrass was no hassle, they received 150 pairs. Which I thought they would get less.

AWWWW MANNN!
mad.gif
 I used to live in SouthFL and worked at the starbuck in that mall. I even applied for nike when i found out they were building one! no luck. 
Riverdale Road wrote:
Damn no love for us GA folks. Sucks
 Except with the hares there is NEVER any love for us Ga folks
frown.gif

(p.s. I hear were finnaly getting a HOH so cheer up 
wink.gif
)

Originally Posted by StrictlyStyles

I see this one dude shill bidding like there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't bid on his stuff on G.P./based on the fact that the auction is already flawed. His name is matthewbarr11 on eBay. It's obvious when the winning bidder has bid with you 100% of the time and has more than 1, 2, 3 and 4 feedbacks. You mean to tell me that he only buys from him? Lol! Shill bidding at it's finest or should I say it's worst!!! Lol!
roll.gif

I guess that he may called this a automated reserve price. Lol!
He's so stupid that he's done this many times before and he always leaves both of his accounts with feedback from each other. His other name is: rbard88. Wait for this one to be re-listed later, because he will end up being his best customer; like a weed man who smokes weed. Lol!
roll.gif
has anyone ever reported this guy? or is it better to have him just keep selling to himself?
I've reported it about others, but I haven't as of yet on this guy. I most likely will though. It would help if I weren't the only person to reports these items for shill bidding. If you don't know how too, I can walk you through the steps.

roll.gif
I've reported it about others, but I haven't as of yet on this guy. I most likely will though. It would help if I weren't the only person to reports these items for shill bidding. If you don't know how too, I can walk you through the steps.
to be quite honest i was being lazy lol, I should have took matters into my own hands. Next time i peruse ebay ima definitely report him. 

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

all i wanted was 1 pair to actually wear
frown.gif

Not me. Im going to be rocking the  GR that supposedly comes out this fall.  As for these  Limited scrapped versions, Ill be  framing these bad boys.
Great minds always think a like!

the beast came out for this release
30t6p3b.gif
theres alot of these popping up on ebay,i just want one pair and im good
wink.gif

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by trappedintime

haha some girl loser on twitter is talking about how great camping is and how worth it is to camp out. the entire concept of camping at an outlet mall is ******ed. not that i blame anyone for doing it, but just that it's come to that? ridiculous.

fixed.  as is with every release, i hope resellers don't make any profit on the shoes...
Hope all you want, resellers are laughing all the way to the bank on this one. And btw, there's nothing wrong with camping. I'll do my camping in the woods though, not an outlet mall in the burbs. 
laugh.gif

I'm sure they'll be laughing to the bank with their $300 deposit
laugh.gif
.  Come on now, if you have to resell to make cash then you're doing it wrong
sick.gif

Was finally able to snag a pair! I can now continue to move on in life. A cool nt'er out in Kansas City scooped them for me. Good looking out mane!
They still have a good amount i hear, if you are near Kansas City...

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Was finally able to snag a pair! I can now continue to move on in life. A cool nt'er out in Kansas City scooped them for me. Good looking out mane!
They still have a good amount i hear, if you are near Kansas City...

Do you know what Outlet it is? I've got people down there...really want another size 13.

so much for people trashing these when fat joe's pics surfaced months ago. this release was a headache. seemed more were there for dollars than for the love of the shoes. people bringing their families and just hearing from some people that they aren't even "into" shoes.
30t6p3b.gif

ALSO, TO ALL OF THE DISRESPECTFUL LOSERS(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)THAT HAVE NO RESPECT AND CUT LINE, CUT LINE IN FRONT OF THOSE WHO EARNED THEIR SPOT BY BEING THERE ALL NIGHT IN THE COLD...AND TO THE ONES WHO JUST PUT MULTIPLE CHAIRS DOWN AND THEN HAVE YOUR GIRLFRIENDS OR HOMIES COME IN THE MORNING...OR THE PEOPLE WHO PUT CHAIRS DOWN AND AREN'T EVEN THERE OVERNIGHT AND SHOW UP IN THE MORNING...I HOPE YOU GET YOUR LITTLE THRILL FROM YOUR SHOES AND EXTRA RESELL MONEY BECAUSE SOONER OR LATER KARMA WILL COME BACK AROUND AND HIT YOU BIGTIME.

maybe it was Nike's plan from the getgo to go wth the "ban" theme? release a shoe at stores that have NEVER had a release date and take all the regulars (Ntowns, FTL/FA, boutiques,etc) out of the picture aka "ban" the shoe from the regular stores? great way to build hype and get the whole "ban" theme across....just my opinion of course

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Which Shoepalace they from?

I'm pretty sure it's hilltop, cause he said he was calling all his folks from Richmond to come out. In the Vacaville line he was in a maroon sweater right before the first tent in line near the entrance.I think it's funny how everyone in the bay already knows about this cat. He is the same guy from the sb release, he is the same guy always doing shady crap at serramonte, he is the dude who's always at NTSF with hella heads getting raffle tickets.I'm from Sacramento and I don't know about these Vacaville folks, but I guarantee if it was at Arden dude would of got his whole crew stomped out, word to all the Sacramento release horror stories. Luckily his crew doesn't mess with my size 11.5, but I feel for dudes who he has done dirty. It ain't right, not at all.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.
This is true but man that has me dreading the Concord XI release in December which is always crazy anyway but it has 50+ pages already 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

so much for people trashing these when fat joe's pics surfaced months ago. this release was a headache. seemed more were there for dollars than for the love of the shoes. people bringing their families and just hearing from some people that they aren't even "into" shoes.
30t6p3b.gif

ALSO, TO ALL OF THE DISRESPECTFUL LOSERS(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)THAT HAVE NO RESPECT AND CUT LINE, CUT LINE IN FRONT OF THOSE WHO EARNED THEIR SPOT BY BEING THERE ALL NIGHT IN THE COLD...AND TO THE ONES WHO JUST PUT MULTIPLE CHAIRS DOWN AND THEN HAVE YOUR GIRLFRIENDS OR HOMIES COME IN THE MORNING...OR THE PEOPLE WHO PUT CHAIRS DOWN AND AREN'T EVEN THERE OVERNIGHT AND SHOW UP IN THE MORNING...I HOPE YOU GET YOUR LITTLE THRILL FROM YOUR SHOES AND EXTRA RESELL MONEY BECAUSE SOONER OR LATER KARMA WILL COME BACK AROUND AND HIT YOU BIGTIME.
I feel your pain fam ... I truly understand and do feel your pain. Hopefully an NT'er or even myself can possibly help you snag a pair my dude. I tirelessly worked my butt off to snag a pair for my brother from another PMacvilay and my fellow Central/S. Florida NT heads ....... I'm still trying to currently as we speak ...

THE INTERNET HAPPENED.
Truer words have never been spoken, there are two aspects that that affect how we purchase and collect jordans and shoe. With the creation of the internet the possibility to access information has made things a lot easier for us. However because information is so readily available this somehow has transformed itself into a sort of market where you can sell the product to everyone in the world.

It used to be that people would only buy what they wore and purchasing options were limited to as far as the buyer is willing to travel. However with the creation of the internet people are able to sell their products to anybody with an internet connection. This has lead to buyer not only buying for themselves but also with the hopes of selling to someone else who doesn't have access to that product, for a premium. You no longer have people passing on shoes if it isn't their size, instead they will buy whatever is available in hopes of either trading for their size or selling it to make a profit.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

yeah that's crazy.I retired from the shoe game a couple years back cuz of this exact reason.with work I didn't have time to camp out and had other responsibilities so I refused to pay resell prices.just now getting back in the game and really wanted these.oh well on to the next one TBIII's

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

Co-sign that!
wink.gif

Even with people with 100 or less post, people just creep out of nowhere or they new to NT!

i agree with this 10000% but the exception to this was the Wolf Grey V's, there was little to no hype, and whatever hype there was was overshadowed by the Rabbit VII's..........But youre right, Resellers base the value,  and demand on how many pages the thread is at. 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

maybe it was Nike's plan from the getgo to go wth the "ban" theme? release a shoe at stores that have NEVER had a release date and take all the regulars (Ntowns, FTL/FA, boutiques,etc) out of the picture aka "ban" the shoe from the regular stores? great way to build hype and get the whole "ban" theme across....just my opinion of course
I like where you are going with this.  Too bad Nike/JB is NOT this creative
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom