Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

The 85s are stiff at first because they’re real raw leather just like they were in 85.

Only trusting two peoples take on footwear is on you, there are a ton of knowledgable people out there.

I’ve wore my pair over 150 times and they’re the most comfortable 1s now period, 5-6 wears is a joke.

If you don’t have them, or you have spent the time to break them in and actually put the miles in the 85 cut then your opinion is ***, period.

This review is also the only guy I've heard describe them this way.

No doubt you need to break them in but he's exaggerating.
He just complaining because they’re not the synthetic soft fake crap leather JB has been giving as of late, it’s fake and will not stand the test of time.

Double socks and hair dryer…I’m not here, wear your damn shoes

The 85s are stiff at first because they’re real raw leather just like they were in 85.

Only trusting two peoples take on footwear is on you, there are a ton of knowledgable people out there.

I’ve wore my pair over 150 times and they’re the most comfortable 1s now period, 5-6 wears is a joke.

If you don’t have them, or you have spent the time to break them in and actually put the miles in the 85 cut then your opinion is ***, period.

Yep
gif-nodding-59.gif

I think people are just so used to the flimsy a** midsole on the regular one retros.. You can take a pair of those and fold them up like a taco.. But not with the 85s, the midsole on these is much much stiffer. Also people are used to the thin flimsy “leather”…

23mj88 23mj88 -BIG UPS and mad respect for posting legit info on NT before any social media. Keep that info coming bro!
0takusamsay 0takusamsay its nice to see you posting more lately! You were MIA for a hot minute.
QUOTE ME:

White cement 3 “vintaged/reimagined” are incoming.

You won’t see anyone leak this for 3-8 months. Made vintage like the AJKO/new Chicagos and the Virgil 2s.

Yellowed heel tab/crack look midsole? Possibly. Will be interesting.

QUOTE ME:

White cement 3 “vintaged/reimagined” are incoming.

You won’t see anyone leak this for 3-8 months. Made vintage like the AJKO/new Chicagos and the Virgil 2s.

Yellowed heel tab/crack look midsole? Possibly. Will be interesting.

I sincerely hope its not vintage with a faux cracked midsole. But either way, IN lol

I have no problem with that.

I just wish people were nicer to each other.

…even those who have different taste in shoes.
You aren't wrong in the sense that insults aren't cool.

I don't understand the people who come on these forums seeking out generic Jordan talk and insert themselves into the discussions and get irritated by all the shape and detail talk. These forums have always been an outlet for shoe purists/snobs.

You can go have casual Jordan or shoe talk just about anywhere. Don't really know why people mess with these forums if they aren't actually interested in any of these discussions.

You aren't wrong in the sense that insults aren't cool.

I don't understand the people who come on these forums seeking out generic Jordan talk and insert themselves into the discussions and get irritated by all the shape and detail talk. These forums have always been an outlet for shoe purists/snobs.

You can go have casual Jordan or shoe talk just about anywhere. Don't really know why people mess with these forums if they aren't actually interested in any of these discussions.
I don’t disagree with any of this.

I learned a long time ago that if I’m inserting myself into a discussion with people who know more about it than me, I better be prepared to get schooled. It’s all in the game.

Personally I welcome that, because I know how many people here have more sneaker knowledge than I do. That’s actually why I’m here…to learn. If I have my facts wrong then by all means, go ahead and set me straight. But you can do it respectfully and still get the job done. It’s actually more effective that way. Nobody ever changed their opinion after getting insulted. If anything, they get angry and dig their heels in, even if they know they’re wrong.

Negative energy is bad for the soul.

…and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.🙏

For what it’s worth I was wearing these the other day and a friend of mine who isn’t into shoes like me said “those look like the original Jordan’s”. He owns mids and has seen me wear my og 1s plenty of times mind you. I asked him what made him say that and he said idk just the way they look. Shoes definitely have a different shape like it or not. I wish I had the white/red pair

Solid video that compares these to their original, 1985 counterpart. He knows his history as well and I doubt anyone in here owns a pair of originals to compare this retro to, so for him to say JB got these 99% correct outside of a few details, I believe him. Anyone saying these are far off from the actual '85s is lying through their teeth. I'm not saying these are a perfect retro, but they aren't as bad as they are made out to be.

Solid video that compares these to their original, 1985 counterpart. He knows his history as well and I doubt anyone in here owns a pair of originals to compare this retro to, so for him to say JB got these 99% correct outside of a few details, I believe him. Anyone saying these are far off from the actual '85s is lying through their teeth. I'm not saying these are a perfect retro, but they aren't as bad as they are made out to be.

Exactly, the few people crapping on them buy OG retros in bulk. Nuff said, I held the 85 NG and had my pair on feet, they’re way closer than people think (and closer than aweful OG retros).

He’s got solid comparisons and great break downs. His Chicago 85 vs NB pair from the pack is a stellar video.

Can’t be 99% correct with all the lack of details he mentioned… 85-90% correct would be more fitting

If they fixed the toebox area that would drastically bump them up to 95% at best

6370AA93-9317-49B5-B1B5-878D220D362E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom