Air Jordan 1 HIGH ‘85 "Neutral Grey" - Early 2021

Get out of here 😂🤣 you can see that the 2021 is noticably different. It's more like an interpretation of the 1985 version.

Yes, it IS NOT exact. The toe IS off. The Grey IS off. Shape is so so, but still better than the Remastered 1s. BUT that photography is definitely slightly deceptive in how it’s angled.

Last edited:
Yes, it IS NOT exact. The toe IS off. The Grey IS off. Shape is so so, but still better than the Remastered 1s. BUT that photography is definitely slightly deceptive in how it’s angled.
but you'll still drop $500 on them?

The Remastered 1's, the ones with the jumpman on the heel? 😖 Those were sacrilegious.

Also, why are you capitalising certain words? 😆 How am I supposed read that?

The toe box on these 85s is a joke bro it’s not the angle. It’s not a deal breaker but obviously needs some work. They mold overall is definitely way closer to og than the remastered mold but they obviously left a few details for the eventual “85 og” mold or whatever they’ll call it in 2026.
but you'll still drop $500 on them?

The Remastered 1's, the ones with the jumpman on the heel? 😖 Those were sacrilegious.
By remastered I think he’s talking about the “og high.” The jumpman pairs are completely irrelevant and not to be mentioned. Look at what people are paying for some of the retro+ cws in that og high mold. These are definitely worth it if people are dropping $400 on royal toes in that awful mold.

The toe box on these 85s is a joke bro it’s not the angle. It’s not a deal breaker but obviously needs some work. They mold overall is definitely way closer to og than the remastered mold but they obviously left a few details for the eventual “85 og” mold or whatever they’ll call it in 2026.

By remastered I think he’s talking about the “og high.” The jumpman pairs are completely irrelevant and not to be mentioned. Look at what people are paying for some of the retro+ cws in that og high mold. These are definitely worth it if people are dropping $400 on royal toes in that awful mold.

Interesting. Drop some pics if you have them. I'm not that familiar with all the different incarnations of the Air Jordan 1? What are the best retro AJ1's that have been made?

Interesting. Drop some pics if you have them. I'm not that familiar with all the different incarnations of the Air Jordan 1? What are the best retro AJ1's that have been made?

02C1EB86-6A74-4A37-BAC8-24FB3A08B51D.jpeg
This is the abomination that you mentioned (2013)
D4629304-2300-4C3B-B456-1068EDA4BA72.jpeg

This is the best retro by far (1994)

What about the 2016 Breds? If those came out, I would pay $500 for those. I learned how to mow the lawn in the OG's back in the spring of '87. The high tops protected my ankles from sticks and flying debris 😂 Those are my Holy Grail ✨

Screenshot_20210208-000112~2.png

😗 That's pricey

Last edited:
What about the 2016 Breds? If those came out, I would pay $500 for those. I learned how to mow the lawn in the OG's back in the spring of '87. The high tops protected my ankles from sticks and flying debris 😂 Those are my Holy Grail ✨

Dont hold your breath. They’re probably holding on to those til the 1 hype dies down, so they can revive it, which won’t be for a while.

A6878CE6-B77B-4843-ABF2-DF364FF8DAAA.png

:sick::sick::sick:Didn’t realize prices on 2013 pairs are so crazy. People literally will buy anything.

Who buys this? Unbelievable. I got in this collecting game to find the purest retros out there. Back when I lived in a city, I would see young people wearing these 1's with the jumpman on the back and all I could think about was how corny they looked.

It's like putting a baseball cap on an elephant. There's no reason other than crass company branding. It totally degrades the shoe aesthetic.

Screenshot_20200202-150340~2.png

Who buys this? Unbelievable. I got in this collecting game to find the purest retros out there. Back when I lived in a city, I would see young people wearing these 1's with the jumpman on the back and all I could think about was how corny they looked.

It's like putting a baseball cap on an elephant. There's no reason other than crass company branding. It totally degrades the shoe aesthetic.

Screenshot_20200202-150340~2.png

That’s what the 85s shudve looked like.

I fooled myself thinking a "bland" colorway would not be coveted.

hows everyone's thirst and axiety level on release week?

I'm code orange rn

The 1st time this shoe has returned in 35 years, one of the last remaining remastered 1s, in a simple & understated color way, at peak modern AJ1 popularity/hype. Why would anyone not be after these. No AJ1 is going to be easy, nor are they sitting. If you want something you have to put in work.

the remastered program that jordan brand introduced across many of their retro models kicked off in 2015 (technically dec 2014 with the frag 1 release), with JB introducing a new mold for 1s (aka remastered mold)....which included a higher cut, better shape, and softer leather...along with the alleged overuse of tumbled leather, but some actually prefer it.

the og colorways in this era are highly regarded (15 chi, 16 black toe, 18 shadow, etc) as well as many retro+ colorways (15 sbb, 18 game royals, 19 obsidians, 20 mocha, etc). there were some colorways that actually hit heavily discounted prices between 2015 and 2017 and the top end for chi's/breds was only about $400-500. it wasnt until 2018ish when 1s became part of the hype train and everything seemingly shot to astronomical prices.

Last edited:
The 1st time this shoe has returned in 35 years, one of the last remaining remastered 1s, in a simple & understated color way, at peak modern AJ1 popularity/hype. Why would anyone not be after these. No AJ1 is going to be easy, nor are they sitting. If you want something you have to put in work.
I acknowledge all that. However, my idea of put in work isn't as arduous anymore. I get bit by the hype or nostalgia bug once in a while but i can easily move on too. I want these badly. but it's relative.

Maybe I'm old af but if I strike out on these, despite them being my fave AJI of all time and despite being able to drop resale if needed,

I'm good to move on.

I acknowledge all that. However, my idea of put in work isn't as arduous anymore. I get bit by the hype or nostalgia bug once in a while but i can easily move on too. I want these badly. but it's relative.

Maybe I'm old af but if I strike out on these, despite them being my fave AJI of all time and despite being able to drop resale if needed,

I'm good to move on.
I feel you, I wasn’t alive for the OG release, so I’m in for these 😂😂 Put in work just means mad raffles fam, possibly some in store If they’re touching your city. That’s all, not really going out of your way or anything. It’s just that we all have to jump through these circus rings for a chance to give someone our money to buy something. But moving on after striking out is cool. Personally I give myself a 1 resale purchase rule a year for something I missed out on & want bad enough to just pay the ticket, so I try to choose wisely.

I fooled myself thinking a "bland" colorway would not be coveted.

hows everyone's thirst and axiety level on release week?

I'm code orange rn

Come on, man. You know any 1, ESPECIALLY AN OG, would end up this way. Unless you’re being sarcastic? Lol no surprise there either.

the remastered program that jordan brand introduced across many of their retro models kicked off in 2015 (technically dec 2014 with the frag 1 release), with JB introducing a new mold for 1s (aka remastered mold)....which included a higher cut, better shape, and softer leather...along with the alleged overuse of tumbled leather, but some actually prefer it.

the og colorways in this era are highly regarded (15 chi, 16 black toe, 18 shadow, etc) as well as many retro+ colorways (15 sbb, 18 game royals, 19 obsidians, 20 mocha, etc). there were some colorways that actually hit heavily discounted prices between 2015 and 2017 and the top end for chi's/breds was only about $400-500. it wasnt until 2018ish when 1s became part of the hype train and everything seemingly shot to astronomical prices.

Air Jordan 1's are so ridiculously expensive, as with literally all retro Jordans at this point. It's a rich man's game in 2021. Dudes on here talking about dropping $800-$1000 for Neutral Grey doubles just so they can sit in a dark closet for 268 days out of the year 🥴

People not in this game hear that and they start looking you up and down, trying to figure out what mental disorder your suffering from? Even the amount of sneakers, shoes and clothes that I've purchased this year (many for fitness workouts) looks obsessive and overboard to the average American fatso. But alas, we live in shallow culture based on neo-liberal capitalism, with astronomically high suicides and drug overdoses, so no one and nothing is really normal.

Screenshot_20210207-131014~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130855~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-131028~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130936~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130923~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-131110~2.png

😗

Last edited:
Air Jordan 1's are so ridiculously expensive, as with literally all retro Jordans at this point. It's a rich man's game in 2021. Dudes on here talking about dropping $800-$1000 for Neutral Grey doubles just so they can sit in a dark closet for 268 days out of the year 🥴 people not in this game hear that and they start looking you up and down, trying to figure out what mental disorder your suffering from?

Screenshot_20210207-131014~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130855~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-131028~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130936~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-130923~2.png

Screenshot_20210207-131110~2.png

😗
Faber we need a shrink forreals. $200 I could stomach, heck even that $190 price tag had me thinkin twice. Now it’s triple that. There was a time during 2016 when things wer $50-100 over retail. Some real goofs tryna make a living off selling kicks

The people who need help are those who can’t skip a release, and will cop every single release, retail or resale. Some of us are more selective and the occasional resale pair is what it is. We value quality of the pair, meaning of colorway, etc, as opposed to doing this to have as many as possible, and hoarding irrationally.

Faber we need a shrink forreals. $200 I could stomach, heck even that $190 price tag had me thinkin twice. Now it’s triple that. There was a time during 2016 when things wer $50-100 over retail. Some real goofs tryna make a living off selling kicks

Nike is making so much money off of our really needless obsessions. Not to mention the 6 billion dollar after market, where the real sickness is palpable and on display. I'm not free from any of this either, as I live in this world as well.

Back
Top Bottom