Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

Preordering sounds like a good idea, but I like to roll the dice cuz I'm comfortable with my odds. I scratched & clawed and managed to get 3 pairs of Royals, so ima just ride it out.

This,

I only went for one pair of royals, and I got them with ease. It was the anticipation that was killing me. These will be copped with the quickness :lol:

I dnt knw how it was around your way, but the Area 72 releases had everyone snoozing on these til the last min. When I went for guaranteed tix outta 100 ppl only 10 were there for Royals.

You wouldn't believe what they were in line for around here.

I got there at 6:50 because my connect told me to be there when they open at 7. So I get up and there is a line of 8-9 people. Only one dtlr had the royals and the area 72 pack didn't even come here. S I'm chillin in line because they delayed it until 8:30 and I start asking people what they were here for since there was only 1/2 a FSR of royals in the store.

All of them said joker 3s :x kid was wearing some fighter jet foams and everything in the front of the line. :smh:

There was only a few people there for the royals. I got my 10 and left.

Air Thompson and Sir Charles you guys are lucky. Here in Chicago everyone was in line for the Royals. You had people camping 2 days in advance in some cases. People barely cared about the ASG shoes.

Air Thompson and Sir Charles you guys are lucky. Here in Chicago everyone was in line for the Royals. You had people camping 2 days in advance in some cases. People barely cared about the ASG shoes.

This. I couldnt even camp out either. My health condition doesnt allow me to be in the cold like that.

Also AirThompson lives in LA. If it is like New York. They get a lot more sneakers per head than Chicago.

Last edited:
I've passed on chicagos for these, just can't stand the leather tongue.

I feel ya as I sincerely regret buying the Chicago 1's. Haven't set foot in 'em since I bought 'em. For me and the 1's it's either "Nike Air" treatment or bust from here on out.

I feel ya as I sincerely regret buying the Chicago 1's. Haven't set foot in 'em since I bought 'em. For me and the 1's it's either "Nike Air" treatment or bust from here on out.
Ditto. I've been passing on the Chicago 1's even though they sell below retail price. Also can't stand that huge jumpman on the heel.  

You wouldn't believe what they were in line for around here.

I got there at 6:50 because my connect told me to be there when they open at 7. So I get up and there is a line of 8-9 people. Only one dtlr had the royals and the area 72 pack didn't even come here. S I'm chillin in line because they delayed it until 8:30 and I start asking people what they were here for since there was only 1/2 a FSR of royals in the store.

All of them said joker 3s
sick.gif
kid was wearing some fighter jet foams and everything in the front of the line.
mean.gif

There was only a few people there for the royals. I got my 10 and left.
indifferent.gif

roll.gif

that dont surprise me though, only seems that after the fact the Royals sold out people cared about them more as many thought it would be a cake walk. I still dont think these will be as difficult to obtain, yes they will be limited but overall demand aint the same as Royals

Last edited:
:stoneface:
:rofl:

that dont surprise me though, only seems that after the fact the Royals sold out people cared about them more as many thought it would be a cake walk.[COLOR=#red] I still dont think these will be as difficult to obtain, yes they will be limited but overall demand aint the same as Royals
[/COLOR]

Okay keep telling yourself that. Folks will go ape ish over these simply on the strength that it will be the closest sneakerheads will get to an OG Chicago colorway. This release may seem a little under the radar right now, but just watch the hype increase as the release date nears. I've seen it happen too many times...

These will be tough but I walked away with two pairs of Royals. These can't be any worse, especially with the KO and past retro out there.

Royals have been hyped to no end for a number of reasons. I feel like if you put in the work on the Royals you had a good chance of somehow getting a pair.

only releases my local stores didn't have this year were the royals...surprisingly they had the knicks i passed when i should have grabbed those...they told me on their launch list the celtics are on it...so that might be a sign 

Dnt get me wrong it was a mission that's why I put in extra work.

I got shut out on the Royals; there's no way in hell I will have the same fate with these.

1 pair WILL be coming home with me on RD.

Bugs me that shoes like these and  the Royals wouldn't even be in that high demand if it wasn't for them being branded "limited". Kinda annoying how the less they make of a shoe, the more people want it. Especially since half the buyers end up being resellers anyways, so they just become a lot harder to get.

Bugs me that shoes like these and  the Royals wouldn't even be in that high demand if it wasn't for them being branded "limited". Kinda annoying how the less they make of a shoe, the more people want it. Especially since half the buyers end up being resellers anyways, so they just become a lot harder to get.

I don't think there's anything to this personally. We create our own hype. The Royals were hard because they were limited to begin with. No one knew quite how much because it shouldn't he a hard cop. I don't think there was massive demand for Royals personally.

Most of the time we don't know how limited any release is until after the fact and then yes, more hype is created by exclusivity and because the chumps who slept on them come out of the woodwork paying more than they should by buying resale on RD.

I guess that's hype, dudes hype themselves into paying too much which distorts the market. As far as resellers go, the hustlers who are good at this and deal in volume already know what they're after based on numbers and perceived demand. But many of the resellers are greedy dudes on here too, trying to cut their cost by grabbing 2-3 pairs with no intention of stocking the extra(s).

1's are still not that highly in demand for a number of reasons. If Nike would just do a GR with any of these, it would move but not feel impossible. I think they're caught up on the perception of exclusivity with this "OG series". Same reason they have handled the 88's so strangely. Make it stand out. I think it's pretty weak to be holding back at this point on shoes like this when you've already broken through the floodgates of ANY shoe with an OG colorway being in LE numbers of demand. Any hype that creates is offset in the long run by pushing on loyal customers who have to jump thru their hoops to keep giving them money and getting true Air Jordan retros.

Last edited:
The only thing with these I'm worried about are the prices royals are going for. That gets resellers after them, when before they didn't care about I's. These were fairly easy for me, and more people were after jokers.

Royals was a tricky release by no means do I think this will be as difficult but I would still treat it as a limited release n put my work in beforehand.

I got lucky with the royals n caught a pair on END for near retail. I plan to lock down a presale pair whenever I can find em.

I know this isnt the royal thread but i found this shirt while shopping today n i was taken back by these two, what appears to be KO Royals n Blue n white 1's.

I wonder if JB has these stashed away n is going to suprise us wit them.

View media item 305485

Back
Top Bottom