Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

Finally got around to gluing and sewing in the black tongue, then decided to swap the leather tongue from the Chicagos to the parachute Blk Toe tongue.

View media item 435992
Nice work! Wondering what happened to the jumpman on the chi's tho.  Did you remove it or just photoshopped it out for the pic?

once again thanks for the love y'all. @engineer I removed the Jumpman. Not a PS

Wore these a few times already and the leather is actually pretty soft on the toebox, creases fairly easily though but that is expected when it's not stiff pleather. People will deem shoes as bad quality these days from creasing lol, add in the troll accounts and you get a bunch of false info. Imo the leather on these are great especially if you actually wear the shoes, it will hold up well without the stiff leather feeling. This is the 1st time they retro the Black Toe 1s right so I had to get them

Last edited:
WOW, mind blown. I was wondering what happened to Sir CHarles. But he doesnt talk like Sir Charles though.

Hahahah nah I don't think it's really him either. Hadn't seen him around in a while and was only joking. Hypeistrill gets straight to the point and knows he's trolling. Charles really believed what he was saying
Charles have been in general as of late.

Has anyone else noticed how all the japanese translations from sites are calling these the Jordan Retro 1 OG "Black Wifes"?  got my laughing my *** off.

damn, did they really screw these up?

the first real retro of black toe's, and they didn't use proper materials? :smh:

i got OG's and i may just do without this retro if it really sucks as much as i've been reading...

i don't see how the royal's got better treatment...

the first real retro of black toe's, and they didn't use proper materials? :smh:

i got OG's and i may just do without this retro if it really sucks as much as i've been reading...

the shoes are fine to me, identical to the royals from this year imo.
you gotta realize a lot of people are picky as hell about their shoes on this site. same people that complain about a little bit of extra glue and what not.

Finally got around to gluing and sewing in the black tongue, then decided to swap the leather tongue from the Chicagos to the parachute Blk Toe tongue.

View media item 435992
Nice work! Wondering what happened to the jumpman on the chi's tho.  Did you remove it or just photoshopped it out for the pic?

once again thanks for the love y'all. @engineer I removed the Jumpman. Not a PS

what did you use? a seem ripper? is there any evidence that a jumpman used to exist right there?

See below. That man speaks the truth. There's nothing wrong with these, especially by today's standard.

Wore these a few times already and the leather is actually pretty soft on the toebox, creases fairly easily though but that is expected when it's not stiff pleather. People will deem shoes as bad quality these days from creasing lol, add in the troll accounts and you get a bunch of false info. Imo the leather on these are great especially if you actually wear the shoes, it will hold up well without the stiff leather feeling. This is the 1st time they retro the Black Toe 1s right so I had to get them

They're fine, but not identical to the royals in terms of leather. More like the Knicks.

I don't think I would pay resell prices for them, but that's just me. I don't even like paying $140 for I's.

They're fine, but not identical to the royals in terms of leather. More like the Knicks.

I don't think I would pay resell prices for them, but that's just me. I don't even like paying $140 for I's.

QFT .I don't have the knicks but bt s crease much more ,and not in a good way, than the royals. I believe leather ain't the same quality after all.

Last edited:

I wouldn't pay resell price for any of them. Royals included.

Yo AirThompson, did you use the Black toe tongue on the Chi. Damn good thinking :pimp: .

Yeah I wouldn't let a good tongue go to waste. That leather tongue on the Chicagos were a complete joke IMO because it was so damn high and boxy looking on feet.

@thehaterboxden seam ripper, gap filler, & Angelus paint. You can still see remnants of the the Jumpman, but not from normal distance.

I wouldn't pay resell price for any of them. Royals included.

I can't really pay resell for any shoe especially AJ 1s. I just chalk it up as a loss. The one time I paid higher than retail from a Euro site I got burned by custom and higher Euro prices. The shoe in question, XIs, has been restocked thrice since then.

But I understand some of y'all love for 1s.

The red leather on the black toes reminds me of a boxing glove, which I like. The Chicago's seem synthetic and a lighter shade of red.

The red leather on the black toes reminds me of a boxing glove, which I like. The Chicago's seem synthetic and a lighter shade of red.
The black toes have gym red and the chicagos have varsity red like the bred 1s. I like varsity red better. Gym red sometimes appears pinkish.

How did you get to use whatever that coupon is? Usually they dont allow that on new releases I thought especially js

Or even like a staff/student discount, some companies have ventures with champs,foot locker and so on. But true, now they stopped that on jordan launches. Like we have a card called svp or something like that, where students get discounts at the stores that work with the card/company. I used to always use that card at champs and FL.

The black toes have gym red and the chicagos have varsity red like the bred 1s. I like varsity red better. Gym red sometimes appears pinkish.
I should've also added in my comparison to a boxing glove the leather is soft and supple.
I like both the gym red and varsity red. In a side by side comparison the gym red looks a touch darker.

The same grade of leather is used on all the NA 1s, it's just the texture may be made differently that is why I can't say one is better quality then the other simply by toebox creasing. I highly doubt JB would take the time and pay more to use a higher grade of leather just for the royals. At the end of the day I guess it's all personal opinion but all these shoes retail for the same but the resell value is causing misconception imo where ppl are actually thinking JB used superior leather on the royals only lol. Pretty common sense to me but everyone entitled to their own opinion

I know for a fact it's the same GRADE of leather, appearances are deceiving, I bet if they put tumbled leather on any one of these NA 1s, the general public will deem them as the best quality of the bunch lol

Banned 1s did have a higher grade of leather but the craftsmanship was poor on them, all the nike swoosh were frayed. They were well padded and had a superior leather then these. That would make sense but royals to blacktoes, its the same grade

Last edited:
I think the same grade of leather is used on all the NA 1s, it's just the texture may be made differently that is why I can't say one is better quality then the other simply by toebox creasing. I highly doubt JB would take the time and pay more to use a higher grade of leather just for the royals. At the end of the day I guess it's all personal opinion but all these shoes retail for the same but the resell value is causing misconception imo where ppl are actually thinking JB used superior leather on the royals only lol. Pretty common sense to me but everyone entitled to their own opinion

They didn't use superior leather on the Royals but they aren't the same leather as the other 1's that released. I have Knicks and royals and they are two different leathers in my eyes.

I'm not saying they are exactly the same or identical, I was just saying the same grade of leather was used and then textured differently but still similar. You can do a lot of things with leather/synthetic mix to make the shoe appear a certain way but to say a better leather was used on one shoe to the other is just wishful thinking

I don't have the royals but I have the following and leather (IMO) is in this order..
1. Knicks
2. Black Toes

Chicago's is pathetic didn't want to put a number next to it.! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom