Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
When BMPs dropped, a lot of people were saying how comfy they were, when I wore mine for the first time I was very disappointed in the comfort.

I know they're not going to feel like some lunars, or frees or something... But 1s always feel like they have no padding on the bottom...
Seriously they aren't gonna blow you away in terms of comfort but they are a step up from the 2001s for sure. I never bought any with the jumpman so I can't compare to those. But if the comfort of the 2001s really was bad enough to turn you off completely to 1s and enough to not even try the 13s on then they probably aren't gonna be comfy enough for you.

Last edited:
Question for dudes that own recent gen 1s and older gen (bmp era, and 2001s), how does the comfort compare?

I sold all my older 1s and recent black toes (didn't even try em on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ), because I hate how uncomfortable 1s are. Like zero cushion...

I kinda want a pair of these, but don't want to look for a pair if they're just as uncomfortable as all the other pairs...

How did this seem fair to you? People have been saying all year that this year's I's were an improvement. Why couldn't you at least give the Black Toes you had in your possession one quick try?

Not trying to come at you sideways, but I'm genuinely curious.
I never try on my shoes... I grab my size (if I can) and when Im ready to wear em, I wear em. 1s look so clean on foot, I'm thinking I'll regret selling the black toes, or not trying for the black/greys.

I just keep thinking why I never buy, and sold all my 1s in the first place.
When BMPs dropped, a lot of people were saying how comfy they were, when I wore mine for the first time I was very disappointed in the comfort.

I know they're not going to feel like some lunars, or frees or something... But 1s always feel like they have no padding on the bottom...
Seriously they aren't gonna blow you away in terms of comfort but they are a step up from the 2001s for sure. I never bought any with the jumpman so I can't compare to those. But if the comfort of the 2001s really was bad enough to turn you off completely to 1s and enough to not even try the 13s on then they probably aren't gonna be comfy enough for you.
thats kind of what I figured... I guess if I can come across black/greys, or black toes for the right price I might consider with low expectations on comfort.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Question for dudes that own recent gen 1s and older gen (bmp era, and 2001s), how does the comfort compare?

I sold all my older 1s and recent black toes (didn't even try em on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ), because I hate how uncomfortable 1s are. Like zero cushion...

I kinda want a pair of these, but don't want to look for a pair if they're just as uncomfortable as all the other pairs...

I've got BMP's, DMP's and 2001's. 2013's are way more comfortable. I barely even wear my 01's anymore

s dubl I'm confused that you're confused over comfort on a shoe that has technology from 84. That's like me saying damn I expected this 8 track boom box to deliver blueray quality HD sound....bro come on

does anyone else get bad pinky toe pains from their shoes? it's not just my 1s but my 4s as well.

my DMPs are perfectly fine, but I don't remember if I had trouble with them when I first got them or I just broken them in well enough

the woes of having wide feet...

anybody have suggestions to alleviate this?
Yes I have this problem. I also have wide feet. I wear size 11, but I feel like I'm closer to an 11.5 width wise. Loosening up the laces is usually necessary...

but I can usually just wear thinner/ thicker socks to get just the right fit.

Sdubl......compared to the 01 black and red pair I had the current 1s are night and day as far as comfort for the bottom of your foot. The shadows stretched out much better and quicker than the 01 pairs as well. The comfort is definitely much better.

Have low expectations with the new 1's when it comes to comfort SDUBL. So many talk about these being comfortable, but I don't agree. I can't wear these for more than 6 hours straight before my feet want some help.

I have screws in my right foot so I go .5 up on a lot of j's I went tts on the shadows and they were not too bad ,but I know I can only wear them for a few hours probably before my foot go's numb :lol:

Last edited:
s dubl I'm confused that you're confused over comfort on a shoe that has technology from 84. That's like me saying damn I expected this 8 track boom box to deliver blueray quality HD sound....bro come on
I think he meant how does the comfort compare from 2001 to the 2013 version. He knows that there is no new tech in the shoe but JB can change the way shoes are made and the little changes can add more comfort than previous versions of a shoe

I think he meant how does the comfort compare from 2001 to the 2013 version. He knows that there is no new tech in the shoe but JB can change the way shoes are made and the little changes can add more comfort than previous versions of a shoe

Exactly. I think a good example is how in 2004, the zoom cushioning of the playoff XIIs was double stacked and made them extremely comfy. They did not do that for the 2012 retro.

Exactly. I think a good example is how in 2004, the zoom cushioning of the playoff XIIs was double stacked and made them extremely comfy. They did not do that for the 2012 retro.
Whoops my bad for poor reading comprehension.

Didn't cop but slowly regretting it....

Might have to get them soon I am glad resell isn't insane on these...

Maybe on a restock since JB has been restocking everything every few months....

Yeah I might just hold out for the next restock and if they aren't on there then i'll look around for the best price....
Deft wait for a restock I found many people were even that interested in copping these compared to the royals and black toes when it comes to OG cws

i like these aj 1 a lot. the leather is really so soft. onto the restock, just wait for it or look for them really really close to retail. i have a couple buddys who went out their way with multiple pairs. only to sale them for RETAIL. lolz

Thanks for all the input fellas... Much appreciated.

Might be a lil late for input, but I've had every year 1 release, and the '13 are more comfortable then 1's of recent memory. I'm not sure if its due to the past models being old and cushioning/comfort deteriorating.

Might be a lil late for input, but I've had every year 1 release, and the '13 are more comfortable then 1's of recent memory. I'm not sure if its due to the past models being old and cushioning/comfort deteriorating.
Which i have to admit is strange considering the design hasnt really changed. Also it wouldnt have hurt them to have some sort of better insole or small air unit in it. overall they are nice but if u have had experience with 1s, these havent changed the world where foot support is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom