Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the og style have that stuff on the grey part too or no?

No they didn't. When the '09's came out it was around the same time as the anniversary for Do the right thing I think. For what ever reason Nike put pebbled leather on these and the metallic 1's that released that year also. Regardless of the reason these shoes are underrated and overdue for an OG return. I'm more excited for these then the black/red 1's....well equally excited lol

Last edited:
same day as the ivs?

They've been right on the release dates thus far. Not sure why it says the 4's drop a week before. I always thought it was 7/13.

Nike Air Jordan IV - Toro Bravo - 308497-603 - 6th July
Nike Air Jordan I HI OG - Black & Grey - 555088-014 - 13th July

Yah i have heard that date too. If it is between these and the IVs then these win.i like that pebbled leather ohh well nbd. Doesnt affect my decision to cop. I want these more than the Breds. This will be stocked for a min, the Breds will be instant beaters.

I have a feeling that we wont see these release in july..... :nerd:

Wasn't me til that post. But that doesn't relate to the Shadows. 7/27 was posted a few times for shadows. First release date on blogs and in here was June 22. After FNL managers meeting at the end of April, Trapper reported 7/27 release date and a few blogs also said that date. I don't see any definite date posted for these anywhere right now tho.

Also, just saw that you had replied to my question a few days back. Hope you and yours are staying safe fam. Sounds like you must be near Tinker from what you've said. Crappy night/past 2 weeks for us Okies. Another bad one this evening.

Saturday was worse for me than Monday . Yeah the fam is good but the roof and fence took a beating yesterday. Outside of that everything is good , considering what happened to others. I work at Tinker and also stay pretty close I'm right off of 240 & Sooner the tornado was damn near in my backyard . We can't catch a break weather wise right now. Don't see a lot of Okies on NT pretty cool and thanks for the well wishes . Hope you and yours is good too.

So what's going down on 7/17 ?

It's the same colorway from '09 but will have NA branding on the tongue because its an OG colorway
did the og style have that stuff on the grey part too or no?

If you look closely at the '09 retro the grey has a uncolored embossed elephant print and a distressed texturized black leather. The '85 Shadow Grey pairs were smooth leather all around exactly like the Blk/red & Royals.

Credit goes to thehypeistrill...

View media item 430443

These are the real thing. My guy from the mom and pop store said these are like the pair he saw. You could see a yellow sample tag string. Looks like they didnt fix the leather issue, also the grey is slightky darker. Still look great to me.

If you look closely at the '09 retro the grey has a uncolored embossed elephant print and a distressed texturized black leather. The '85 Shadow Grey pairs were smooth leather all around exactly like the Blk/red & Royals.
These are the real thing. My guy from the mom and pop store said these are like the pair he saw. You could see a yellow sample tag string. Looks like they didnt fix the leather issue, also the grey is slightky darker. Still look great to me.

Yeah I hated the subtle elephant print but I LOVED the leather. Mines are beat but the leather looks great that's why I still wear em

As far as this sample pic goes I expected the grey to be a tad bit lighter but once the official pics roll in I'm not gonna care either way lol. These, the royals and the black/red are the must haves of the 2013 1's

Tbh I never even paid attention to the print on my 09's till you guys mentioned it lol, but quality wise they might have to be my favorite

Last edited:
Tbh I never even paid attention to the print on my 09's till you guys mentioned it lol, but quality wise they might have to be my favorite
oh its there, visible when dirty, but somewhat difficult to clean. jason markk isnt doing it for me, so i left em as is. 

oh its there, visible when dirty, but somewhat difficult to clean. jason markk isnt doing it for me, so i left em as is. 

Have you ever tried the nubuck spray from foot locker? It's worked well for me in the past tho I haven't had to use it for my shadows yet. Mine aren't that dirty yet just the midsole

That's really the only pic we have of them? Usually the blogs would've been all over that pic by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom