Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

The map looked very similar. All I'm saying is sleep at your own risk. Especially for us smaller size individuals, the map doesn't mean much.
I’m not sleeping, I’ve been interested since the instant I saw these

We’re comparing apples to oranges on one hand, bulls colors are always gonna get everyone’s attention

On the other hand, there seems like there’s been a surge in interest in 1’s

i dont understand why they dont make more especially since they sell well

Lmao Nightwing went off on AJ 1 resellers... I get that a lot of people are buying hyped 1s for clout while others are simply reselling these shoes to the ones who can afford to drop stacks on 1s. That said, hypocrites like Nightwing continue to support companies like Jordan Brand/Nike who create this entire issue to begin with by simply not producing enough pairs to meet demand.

The problem isn’t resellers or people who pay resell, it’s that Nike/JB use manufactured scarcity as a marketing ploy to create hype and build up their brand.

Rant starts around 7:30 in the video

Lmao Nightwing went off on AJ 1 resellers... I get that a lot of people are buying hyped 1s for clout while others are simply reselling these shoes to the ones who can afford to drop stacks on 1s. That said, hypocrites like Nightwing continue to support companies like Jordan Brand/Nike who create this entire issue to begin with by simply not producing enough pairs to meet demand.

The problem isn’t resellers or people who pay resell, it’s that Nike/JB use manufactured scarcity as a marketing ploy to create hype and build up their brand.

Rant starts around 7:30 in the video

if that's the case JB should cut production on 11s... no need to make a million pairs every Christmas

Lol, Eastbay...

Screenshot_20190823-073111_Eastbay.jpg

if that's the case JB should cut production on 11s... no need to make a million pairs every Christmas

I’m not sure if you remember but 11s weren’t a walk in the park during releases like the 2009 Space Jam release and the 2011 Concord release. Once JB increased supply, most people who wanted a pair for retail on release day were able to fairly easily attain one. JB is able to sell ~1 million pairs of each AJ 11 cw during these releases simply because the demand is there. Right now, basically any hyped AJ 1 cw is going to be a crapshoot to attain for retail-this is especially true for the classic OG cws like Chis/Breds/Royals/Shadows, etc.

Not to mention, for Champs, footlocker and footaction, employees get 20% of the stock.

So, theres also that part.

Prices went down in sizes
I’m not sure if you remember but 11s weren’t a walk in the park during releases like the 2009 Space Jam release and the 2011 Concord release. Once JB increased supply, most people who wanted a pair for retail on release day were able to fairly easily attain one. JB is able to sell ~1 million pairs of each AJ 11 cw during these releases simply because the demand is there. Right now, basically any hyped AJ 1 cw is going to be a crapshoot to attain for retail-this is especially true for the classic OG cws like Chis/Breds/Royals/Shadows, etc.
11s were more difficult back then because there were no footapps. Mostly everything was fcfs, especially in ‘09

Yes because the world doesn’t operate in absolutes and I agree with some of his other opinions. I’m not expecting you to understand critical thinking like this though.

Either you're both hypocrites, or you both have nuanced opinions because the world doesn't operate in absolutes. Can't have it both ways, guy.

so many people with early pairs. how do people know if they got the real deal or some fugazis. and where are these real pairs coming from?

so many people with early pairs. how do people know if they got the real deal or some fugazis. and where are these real pairs coming from?
Theft at the memphis facility is rampant.

Truck thefts, smaller shops not caring.......Nike also seeds pairs to certain people.
Could also be SOME fakes, but they havent perfected 1s, so who knows.

These are decent. I think they're a definite cop at retail but don't know that I'd pay resale.

They need to be called something other than UNCs though, considering we have a UNC already. Nothing UNC about sail/navy.

Prices went down in sizes

11s were more difficult back then because there were no footapps. Mostly everything was fcfs, especially in ‘09

Right but you had website drops and then Twitter RSVPs as well. You also had to put in the footwork to secure pairs via raffles and, since there wasn’t nearly as much stock of Holiday 11s as there is now, even raffles were inherently harder.

You can’t argue that Nike/JB making far more stock didn’t make getting pairs at retail prices much easier because it objectively did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom