What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
giphy.gif
Lol

I get waitlisted every time man, is there something I am doing wrong? I have a 10 min head start and this is the third release bred toe, blue moon and these that I get waitlisted smh
It's the stores ur choosing..pick different ones

Man it's amazing to see how this culture has changed. There was a time when "rock & stock" was the way to go. We'd buy 1 to wear, and one to keep on ice. Now everyone's confused on why we keep shoes DS lol. I'M NOT KNOCKING ANYBODY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, it's just an observation. Me personally, I'm strictly a collector. Like I buy shoes with the intent to simply possess them, not use them for their intended purposes.

I have hundreds of shoes and 90% of them I have ZERO intentions on wearing. I often double and triple up with no intention on wearing either pair. I've been hardcore collecting Jordan 1's for 9 years now and I'd never put them on my feet (I did 1 time, they hurt lol) yet I just jumped the gun on a size 12 Homage To Home and grabbed them off StockX. I absolutely had to have them but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER wear them lol.

dzfigk.jpg

Man it's amazing to see how this culture has changed. There was a time when "rock & stock" was the way to go. We'd buy 1 to wear, and one to keep on ice. Now everyone's confused on why we keep shoes DS lol. I'M NOT KNOCKING ANYBODY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, it's just an observation. Me personally, I'm strictly a collector. Like I buy shoes when the intent to simply possess them, not use them for their intended purposes.

I have hundreds of shoes and 90% of them I have ZERO intentions on wearing. I often double and triple up with no intention on wearing either pair. I've been hardcore collecting Jordan 1's for 9 years now and I'd never put them on my feet (I did 1 time, they hurt lol) yet I just jumped the gun on a size 12 Homage To Home and grabbed them off StockX. I absolutely had to have them but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER wear them lol.

dzfigk.jpg
I get some stuff to collect too. Definitely wont be wearing these homage to homes. May trade one or a couple down the line but def keeping at least one for the collection.

Man it's amazing to see how this culture has changed. There was a time when "rock & stock" was the way to go. We'd buy 1 to wear, and one to keep on ice. Now everyone's confused on why we keep shoes DS lol. I'M NOT KNOCKING ANYBODY OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, it's just an observation. Me personally, I'm strictly a collector. Like I buy shoes when the intent to simply possess them, not use them for their intended purposes.

dzfigk.jpg

There was a generation before the " rock 1 stock 1"....and it was straight up buy 1 pair and rock it till the wheels fall off. You'll buy a pair of jordans back in the day and ball in it and go to school in it, and did everything in that one pair etc. Now a days kids got separate shoes just for ball then specifically for their fashion statement going out, then officially only their "beater shoes". So if you think people are confused now, people were just as confused during the " rock 1 stock 1" era. Anyway, I won't bash anyone on how they like to do things. Some like to wear, some like to collect whatever. I'll go with wearing the shoes route though lol.

There was a generation before the " rock 1 stock 1"....and it was straight up buy 1 pair and rock it till the wheels fall off. You'll buy a pair of jordans back in the day and ball in it and go to school in it, and did everything in that one pair etc. Now a days kids got separate shoes just for ball then specifically for their fashion statement going out, then officially only their "beater shoes". So if you think people are confused now, people were just as confused during the " rock 1 stock 1" era. Anyway, I won't bash anyone on how they like to do things. Some like to wear, some like to collect whatever. I'll go with wearing the shoes route though lol.
This where I’m from

But like you said no hate towards anybody that just looks at them..

Shiii I’m even guilty of not rocking pairs till years later

Of course people used to rock until the wheels fell off lol. Those were the casual consumers who were just buying a pair of sneakers to wear. I'm referring to shoe hobbyists/collectors/sneaker heads. Nowadays there are "sneaker heads" who don't understand keeping shoes DS. Those are the ones I'm referring to.

A lot of time people collect stuff without using it for its intended purpose. My step father collects rare money. It can be spent but he prefers to collect it. I used to collect Pokemon cards and I didn't play the game. I follow a car collector who has 3 Bugatti Veyron's that he doesn't drive. Everybody has their own lil thing. I never knock anybody or look down on people (not saying you do), I just commend them for their discipline and worry about what's going on in my wallet lol.

Man......SNKRS is bugging, It from view pass to Registration is closed. Not I can't get get access....and Twitter is going crazy too

i used to be like that. i'm so glad i was delivert from that cycle of "buy the next one, buy the next one, buy the next one"

i'd been collecting since 1999 and had filled up 3 bedrooms with just shoes! yes you read that right...3 bedrooms! not closets - - BEDROOMS! just woke up one day and realized that i was in a pointless cycle that had to break.

i recently sold 98% of my collection. i only kept stuff like adidas superstars, puma baskets (stuff that you can replace at finishline for $25) and a couple Js...

turned my shoe collection n2 this...
View attachment 2116999

if my story can inspire one youngin out there....then i've done my job as an OG
yeah thats def inspiration bro. thats why I follow the "rock none, sell all" mentality with my collection!

Of course people used to rock until the wheels fell off lol. Those were the casual consumers who were just buying a pair of sneakers to wear. I'm referring to shoe hobbyists/collectors/sneaker heads. Nowadays there are "sneaker heads" who don't understand keeping shoes DS. Those are the ones I'm referring to.

A lot of time people collect stuff without using it for its intended purpose. My step father collects rare money. It can be spent but he prefers to collect it. I used to collect Pokemon cards and I didn't play the game. I follow a car collector who has 3 Bugatti Veyron's that he doesn't drive. Everybody has their own lil thing. I never knock anybody or look down on people (not saying you do), I just commend them for their discipline and worry about what's going on in my wallet lol.

No. I'm from that era and the folks that were really into sneakers ( the term sneakerhead wasnt really a title tossed around back then) really bought one pair and did everything in it. Like I said you'll beat them up playing basketball and thats the same exact shoe you were going out to hang with friends lol. These weren't just the average Joe and casual consumers doing it , this is what the back in the day " sneaker heads" did. That was the norm and culture ROCK it. But I totally get what you're saying about the whole collecting thing. I get it and I see it a lot. I think you meant there's collectors back then too, and yes I agree im sure there was just as many collectors as there was people who wore their sneakers. For me, I think when you said in your other post that everyone seems to be confused about DS shoes because there was a TIME when rock 1 stock 1 was the thing to do, I just wanted to remind you....there was a time before that as well that did it differently.

Btw....you sound like you got a dope collection lol. props.

Back
Top Bottom