Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
i used to be like that. i'm so glad i was delivert from that cycle of "buy the next one, buy the next one, buy the next one"

i'd been collecting since 1999 and had filled up 3 bedrooms with just shoes! yes you read that right...3 bedrooms! not closets - - BEDROOMS! just woke up one day and realized that i was in a pointless cycle that had to break.

i recently sold 98% of my collection. i only kept stuff like adidas superstars, puma baskets (stuff that you can replace at finishline for $25) and a couple Js...

turned my shoe collection n2 this...
View attachment 2116999

if my story can inspire one youngin out there....then i've done my job as an OG
Just found our next NT summit location.

Looking :nthat:

Last edited:
i used to be like that. i'm so glad i was delivert from that cycle of "buy the next one, buy the next one, buy the next one"

i'd been collecting since 1999 and had filled up 3 bedrooms with just shoes! yes you read that right...3 bedrooms! not closets - - BEDROOMS! just woke up one day and realized that i was in a pointless cycle that had to break.

i recently sold 98% of my collection. i only kept stuff like adidas superstars, puma baskets (stuff that you can replace at finishline for $25) and a couple Js...

turned my shoe collection n2 this...
View attachment 2116999

if my story can inspire one youngin out there....then i've done my job as an OG

Congrats man! House is looking nice. I did the same thing back in 2013-2014. Sold off pretty much everything, put the money down on a pad. Wife was amazed and pissed off at the same time about the amount of money I raised. Kept saying I should have done it years before. :lol:

I now pretty much have a lot of the pairs back that I sold, in better quality and a more focused collection.

I’ve been collecting since 05, and all my pairs get worn. I wear a uniform now so I can’t touch everything the way I want. Now that I make enough money to double and triple on pairs I deem worthy I do. I’m not into buying pairs just to have them in the collection anymore. Yet sneaker are like real estate if I want something and I don’t want to spend my money I can sell something. Bought my first 2 cars that way.

I want these but I understand that they aren’t the type of shoes you can wear every day. Unless you work at a circus or footlocker.

That being said, I’d really like a pair and wish buyers on stock x would chill out and let the price fall because I doubt I am able to get these off of apps/footsites tomorrow
I usually like to wait a week after the drop for prices to fall. Atleast after the restocks. Which is also something you can try for if it doesn't work out tomorrow.

So I notice from Champs saying I can’t confirm reservation for my wait listed pair. Once again, I was checking it pretty much every 5 minutes. Never understood the process. Already knew it was an L but was it my fault or them saying they can’t find me an unclaimed pair.

Ended up selling both of mine like last year. Still wear the CDP pack 11s from time to time

Wore my beat 2001s to the store the other day. It seems like they’re about to crumble, I know it will happen eventually, those and cool greys were a big part of my college years... I sold one of my cdp packs years back and traded the other one for NDS playoff 12s and DS DMP XIs. Gave the XIIs to my little bro and the XIs are still DS but that gold dog tag bled on the upper a little :frown:

DMP XIs and CDP Vs will stay DS. Everything else in my collection will be rocked... or sold eventually :lol:

It's people who have hundreds of kicks.

It's pretty easy for me to not wear kicks for year(s). Most Jordans I don't wear for year(s) because of the number of people who wear kicks right after releases.

I'm trying to cut down on just buying just to buy, and I sold over 30 kicks that I hadn't worn and would have to force myself to wear.

Welcome to my hell. Honestly I find myself breaking out passion shoes. I’m unDs’inf my uptempos the ATL ones. Sunday

Back
Top Bottom