Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
I’m with you. Stockx killed short term resell. A bunch of kids underbidding each other and upcharging for smaller sizes based on supply and demand. The globalization of the resell game is happening right before our eyes. Blame technology. Before then we used to pay base prices at mom and pop shops and could find deals. Now a days you can’t make a deal without someone bringing up stockx

I can’t hate on stockx, I’ve bought a couple shoes at great prices from them and the undercutting is a good thing. Not to mention 3rd party selling makes it easy for sellers and a legit check for buyers. If you’ve been burned by PayPal scammers it’s fantastic.
Picked up those premeium triple black 5s for 220 because you can see their not selling or how much the last pair sold for. We didn’t have that bargaining power when we paid a premium back in the day.

I will say this tho they are still a consignment app just like flight club and their inflated prices. There’s fee’s and ppl adjust their prices accordingly so you can’t even truly roll with those prices. I had somebody offer me satin SBBs for 600 yesterday and I said their 510 on stockx. They then offered them at 500. 1 thing I can say is they have killed those ridiculous skyball asking prices.

i am not mad, i am just resistent to the evolution i guess. not trying to offend anyone here, i understand everyone's motivation to hustle there biz

Anyone elses FTA app change layouts on their shop page? Looks funny & crappy to navigate.
Screenshot_2018-05-20-09-14-37.png

i deleted my stock x account after sean wotherspoon tweet on fakes there

Haven’t seen any concrete evidence, and I’m a “I’ll believe it when I see it” type. For me personally stockx has been a very beneficial app. It gives me a great platform to sell my shoes without risking getting scammed or robbed, and I can place bids to catch steals on whatever I want. Haven’t bought from there as much as I’ve sold, but everything I’ve got and everyone I know love that app. I feel like the 2 or 3 cases of “fakes” are just attempts to tarnish thier reputation. I don’t see why they would push fakes with all the money thier making from creating such a great service. I don’t think they would be that stupid and I definitely don’t think they would purposely pass fakes

Wotherspoon also runs a reseller shop who's business is surely being eaten alive by StockX, just like all the others. Wouldn't trust what he says on the matter.
Agreed. I never did like Sean Wotherspoon before or after he got his break on Nike doing a collab with him. It just seems like all of sudden just because he made a shoe with nike we are supposed to believe everything he says. The guys is a shmuck

Just going to say this once. Shaun Wotherspoon is a ranfom dude that owns a resell shop. The owner of Stockx......Dan Gilbert. You know the guy that owns Quicken Loans, oh and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Stockx is not some shady bs sneaker app that is trying to scam people. I get so damn annoyed with all the damn videos and threads about is it a scam. Just look into the damn thing and realize sean wotherspoon is a sad shop owner with a shop that has a system that has been antiquated by a phone app. /End rant

always wondered how some consignment shops are surviving, just speaking on the ones in my area. The shops are usually dead and quiet and every shoe they have is like $100-150 more than what you can get on Stockx, any body (sneaker heads) with a bit of common sense would just cop on stockx for cheaper. I agree Stockx is definitely killing these shops, they are doing what these consignment shops are doing but just on a more advance technological level. Their business is adapting to how everything else is advancing in this world with the convenience of the app, etc. Consignment shops just seem so old school and outdated, but then again...maybe im wrong.

always wondered how some consignment shops are surviving, just speaking on the ones in my area. The shops are usually dead and quiet and every shoe they have is like $100-150 more than what you can get on Stockx, any body (sneaker heads) with a bit of common sense would just cop on stockx for cheaper. I agree Stockx is definitely killing these shops, they are doing what these consignment shops are doing but just on a more advance technological level. Their business is adapting to how everything else is advancing in this world with the convenience of the app, etc.
and what area are you in

a major city. a top 5 largest city in the US lol.

Celebs, drug dealers, tourists, and a few regular people support consignment shops. They charge top dollar, but they have plenty of sneakers for sale. I guess you can cop off stock x for cheaper but you have to wait a week and they could potentially be fakes (low chance). Consignment stores are getting back door pairs from boutiques and foot stores while stock x is a middle man for a transaction between you and a random person on the internet

Celebs, drug dealers, tourists, and a few regular people support consignment shops. They charge top dollar, but they have plenty of sneakers for sale. I guess you can cop off stock x for cheaper but you have to wait a week and they could potentially be fakes (low chance). Consignment stores are getting back door pairs from boutiques and foot stores while stock x is a middle man for a transaction between you and a random person on the internet

Consignment shops have the same chance to pass a fake like StockX.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not saying they get 0 sales. I know there's going to be celebs, tourists, those that don't know about finding cheaper prices or want the shoe right now purchasing from consignment shops. It's definitely not a big percentage, they aren't consistently getting massive sales and customers everyday coming in and out though. I know some owners of consignment shops cop sneakers just like us and have plugs for sneakers/backdoor pairs and then just list it in their store for sale, but they just have as many shoes that random folks come in to consign, and who's to really say their authentication process or morals are any better or the same as Stockx. I'm sure fakes can slip through the cracks to stockx and local consignments shops just as equally. My view has always been FB groups and Stockx is killing those consignment shops. 98% of the time you will find a way lower price than prices listed at a consignment store. If stockx is a middle man for you and a random person on the internet. Consignment shops are a middle man for you and a random person on the street.

Just going to say this once. Shaun Wotherspoon is a ranfom dude that owns a resell shop. The owner of Stockx......Dan Gilbert. You know the guy that owns Quicken Loans, oh and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Stockx is not some shady bs sneaker app that is trying to scam people. I get so damn annoyed with all the damn videos and threads about is it a scam. Just look into the damn thing and realize sean wotherspoon is a sad shop owner with a shop that has a system that has been antiquated by a phone app. /End rant
This is very true. Not a scam business.

But that dan gilbert guy.... scam person.... thank god he has good people working for him. And i am not a lebron fan.

Stockx isn’t a scamming business but I would say fakes slip through, has to when you’re dealing with that much items

Back
Top Bottom