Air Jordan 1 OG NRG High "homage to home" - April 19, 2018

What should JB do with this sneaker?

• Release them to the public?

Votes: 89 49.2%
  • Keep them a sample?

Votes: 92 50.8%

• Total voters
No, it's not. Some people, like myself consider this a hobby and actually like to wear the shoes. When you have someone securing a pair of a shoe that you really want to wear and charge an outrageous price is just a slap in the face. Also, that pay to play logic is asinine; why should I have to pay more money to someone who doesn't care about the shoe and only bought it to exploit those who do.
Don't take this personal.. but all opinions are ok. Right or wrong, different opinions create different views and in turn diversity.
Doesn't mean you have to agree, or even disagree. The entire world is the same if not worse than the sneaker world, some flourish some don't.
Gas gouging exists, food gouging exists, even the Wendy's by my house upcharges since I live in a small mountain town.
While it sucks and seems unfair at times, it exists all around us every day. The older you get, the more numb you become to it.

No, it's not. Some people, like myself consider this a hobby and actually like to wear the shoes. When you have someone securing a pair of a shoe that you really want to wear and charge an outrageous price is just a slap in the face. Also, that pay to play logic is asinine; why should I have to pay more money to someone who doesn't care about the shoe and only bought it to exploit those who do.
some people, like myself consider this a source of extra income and actually like to sell the shoes.

why should you have to pay more? Well don't, simple.. there will be someone who does tho :wink:

just for stock purposes for now. i have 3 pairs of bred toes and 5 pairs of homages. just thought i’d even it out. homage quality is insane, just that weird toe box is bad about em. i was wondering which would have better value down the line. i figured they are close enough , doubt one or the other will be $100 plus more down the line

just for stock purposes for now. i have 3 pairs of bred toes and 5 pairs of homages. just thought i’d even it out. homage quality is insane, just that weird toe box is bad about em. i was wondering which would have better value down the line. i figures they are close enough , doubt one or the other will be $100 plus more down the line
homages have reached bred toe prices in 2 days.. it took bred toes a few months to get to 400. homages will be worth more down the line.

just for stock purposes for now. i have 3 pairs of bred toes and 5 pairs of homages. just thought i’d even it out. homage quality is insane, just that weird toe box is bad about em. i was wondering which would have better value down the line. i figured they are close enough , doubt one or the other will be $100 plus more down the line

I'd Be Padding My H2H Inventory If That's The Case, Not The Other Direction

giphy.gif

some people, like myself consider this a source of extra income and actually like to sell the shoes.

why should you have to pay more? Well don't, simple.. there will be someone who does tho :wink:

Then get another job and stop ruining things for other people but we know you won't do that because you want things easy instead of working hard for something.

How about we just stop buying 1's? Never understood how, from a distance, a sneaker that could be mistaken for a Nike Dunk, became the most sought after of all Jordan models.

So I’ve not read through all of these posts but it does seem like there’s a problem that has to do with people gloating about how many pairs they have (and may only want them to sell) and people who didn’t get the shoes and are salty (like me). I don’t have a problem because both are part of the same machine. The more upset the person is about not getting a pair for retail, the more the reseller can charge. The more the shoes cost on resell, the angrier people get when they don’t get them for retail. It’s a hype problem. If this really is your most favorite shoe that you planned to rock every day then wait for a restock or pay the reseller. It’s like any market and I’ll bet that if these were sitting, half of the people who are saying that they want these shoes and are upset now would not even want them

So I’ve not read through all of these posts but it does seem like there’s a problem that has to do with people gloating about how many pairs they have (and may only want them to sell) and people who didn’t get the shoes and are salty (like me). I don’t have a problem because both are part of the same machine. The more upset the person is about not getting a pair for retail, the more the reseller can charge. The more the shoes cost on resell, the angrier people get when they don’t get them for retail. It’s a hype problem. If this really is your most favorite shoe that you planned to rock every day then wait for a restock or pay the reseller. It’s like any market and I’ll bet that if these were sitting, half of the people who are saying that they want these shoes and are upset now would not even want them

The funny thing about all this is the people complaining they can't get it for retail, cause a "reseller" bought them all, are resellers themselves lol. It all goes full circle in this shoe game. The person complaining he couldn't cop for retail and have to pay a reseller, is the same person who if he had a CHANCE to cop multiples would have done so himself to flip too. I've seen so many familiar NTers who come in one thread bash on a reseller, and they're in another thread talking about the " phone jig... I just copped 3!! Going to call back and see if they will allow me to cop again!". Man....like I said, all hypocrites. I can't get down with that. I myself, Buy Sell and Trade, I do it all. I can understand the gloating part though....naturally everyone hates the show off and cocky guy.

The funny thing about all this is the people complaining they can't get it for retail, cause a "reseller" bought them all, are resellers themselves lol. It all goes full circle in this shoe game. The person complaining he couldn't cop for retail and have to pay a reseller, is the same person who if he had a CHANCE to cop multiples would have done so himself to flip too. I've seen so many familiar NTers who come in one thread bash on a reseller, and they're in another thread talking about the " phone jig... I just copped 3!! Going to call back and see if they will allow me to cop again!". Man....like I said, all hypocrites. I can't get down with that. I myself, Buy Sell and Trade, I do it all. I can understand the gloating part though....naturally everyone hates the show off and cocky guy.

The whole "salty" aspect of sneaker culture is asinine as well since most of the resellers do purchase a good bit of the stock. If they wouldn't then people would have a better chance at securing a pair. If you stand in the way of a person who wants to wear a shoe then of course they would be upset. Imagine a child that saved up all his money to purchase a shoe he really wanted to have/wear at retail and then have that chance ripped away because you want to purchase all the stock to further yourself. You could make money another way, a child who may not be old enough can't. Also, I have not resold a pair of shoes. I'm apart of this hobby because I love the history of the shoes, how they look, and the people who feel the same way. I don't care about resell value or how much money I could make off a shoe; I have a job to make money from and if I want to make more then I work more hours. That's the problem with people today, they care too much about money and gaining financial success through any means necessary instead enjoying the little things we have. This greed will be a lot of people's downfall in the end.

Well said

Walking into this thread of a shoe I don’t own and never want to. Half smacked and have been talked for a roller coaster ride the past couple pages. Thank you NT

Also,yea just make a reseller thread. Honestly I don’t care what people do with what they buy.

a plus though..... a reseller thread means if someone talking to much resell stuff just post the link to the thread and send them there.

If they keep talking resell then a mod can have a reason to remove them from a current non resell thread. It’s a win win.

Last off we all resellers in this game at some point.

Back
Top Bottom