Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG “David Letterman”

I guess we can all agree the best pair of laces, so far, for these kicks are the navy laces. No dispute there. They can take the No.1 spot.

what about the second spot? We all like the white, but the disparity in aesthetic appeal between the navy laces and the white is quite vast, IMO.

let's try and see if we can find another pair that will come closer to the Navy. Is this a futile exercise? Possibly. However, since I just received both my replacement kicks and a collection of laces, I am willing to try them out and share with you brothers ( and sisters as well).

So, for anyone interested, lets whip out some photos of different laces for these kicks ( the Lettermans), for a battle for second place.

Watch this space!

So here are 2 different laces I tried, to be honest I thought the purple ones were darker than they are. 

And I also thought the red speckles would show up more on the grey laces than they actually do. That's why I shared 2 pictures of the grey ones, one photo with flash and one without.

anyway, let me know your thoughts! even if you think they look like 5H!T
roll.gif

And lets see some other ideas as well!

Peace

I can't remember a release where people were trying this hard to find lace swaps that work. What's wrong with the navy laces? :lol:

People besides the few of us actually bought the shoes? I haven't seen anybody with them on at all.

Is the leather on these comparable or the same to AJ1 chicago remastered in terms of softness? 

Reason I ask is because due to the softer leather and remastered toebox if they are roomy in the toe box.

Last edited:
Yeah they are about the same as all remastered. Decent soft leather. A little roomy in the toe, coulda gone down .5.

ok, it actually looks not bad, but the navy laces?
they look best with navy laces. The shoes already stick out enough alone with all that crimson. Any other colored laces just comes off as try hard and desperate. Even with plain white laces they still dont stack up to the navy laces.

Back
Top Bottom