Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

It’s only brought up since before release people were saying they were the exact same shoe if not better than SBB.. but that wasn’t the case

In the end I don’t care they’re still good but just nothing close to the SBB that’s all
their was effort to get these at sbb quality but they not. like one of my white panels was half tumbled other half smooth as hell on the same panel.

There is also a lot of confusion around the side panel tumble... even if your bred toe side panel is super tumbled, looks plush in pics, and feels soft, it is still not the same as sbb. It doesn't make me like the bred toes any less, just wanted to emphasize because most people that are saying they the same probably don't even have both to compare or they're trying to remember from before they sold it lol (or worse, they got some fufu pairs from ebay lol).

There is also a lot of confusion around the side panel tumble... even if your bred toe side panel is super tumbled, looks plush in pics, and feels soft, it is still not the same as sbb. It doesn't make me like the bred toes any less, just wanted to emphasize because most people that are saying they the same probably don't even have both to compare or they're trying to remember from before they sold it lol (or worse, they got some fufu pairs from ebay lol).
it's not even soft to me tho....my 9.5 has a nice tumble "look" but it definitely doesnt equate to softness in my case.

sure it looks nice and plush, but in actuality, it's thick and stiff. jb pulled the okie-doke on us and the IG'ers and shoetubers took the bait.

The challenge with all of the comparisons is that no two pairs are exactly alike. This holds true for both SBB and BT. In my opinion, one of the issues with JB is the inconsistency that exists between various pairs within each Jordan 1 colorway that releases. Of all of my pairs, I have some that are as soft, tumbled, and as plush as a comparable pair of SBBs. I have other pairs that are not soft or plush at all. As a result I think that's why there is so much back and forth over the topic. Some people have really good pairs of BT's and other's received pairs that weren't great if compared to the general opinion of SBBs. That said, I don't think any single opinion is correct or incorrect. I think the feedback is based on each individual's experience with their own pair.

it's not even soft to me tho....my 9.5 has a nice tumble "look" but it definitely doesnt equate to softness in my case.

sure it looks nice and plush, but in actuality, it's thick and stiff. jb pulled the okie-doke on us and the IG'ers and shoetubers took the bait.
You are correct. I have a sz 9.5 and its just like yours, but then i have two sz 9s and they are plush and soft. JB probably ran out of the good stuff when making the rest of the sizes after sz 9.

1st FTA instore order just came in. Shoes were double boxed.

Attachments

• 59EFD9EA-A531-421B-B63F-F9C931FF2E40.jpeg
    59EFD9EA-A531-421B-B63F-F9C931FF2E40.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 37
OK i finally got a chance to snap a pic of the collection of 1's all ds as of now. just need to add the blues coming this month and the shadows. sbb and banneds are closest in material quality. IMO banned's are so nice, but sbb's are another level IMO OH and reverse SBB, are the worst quality of all the pears in pic!!! the orange is worse then the black they use. its the worst plastic leather EVER!!!!

20180313_155123_zpsobhtsan6.jpg

Last edited:
I’m still trying to figure out why all those SBBs fanboys think SBBs have quality leather. JB made J1s w/ actual quality leather, that’s why they’re 400 retail.

The challenge is that people don't know wtf they are talking about and just love throwing around terms like quality and referencing SBBs frivolously.
Agreed. Not sure who designated the SBB as the "gold standard" in terms of Jordan 1 quality but unfortunately everything gets compared to it and put down if its not the same.

Exactly, and your sbb's are "on another level". :wink:
Regardless, the bred toes are a clean shoe. A great addition to the collection.

thank you, and if you have never saw sbb, just go grab banneds they are just as good IMO and pretty close!!!! they are an amazing 1. and I agree totally with you!!!

My Bred toes are a thin cut of leather and still trash. Sort of like my royals. SBB’s orange and sail parts are nice and soft. Thick leather and the black parts are trash. My bred’s from 2016 feel just like my SBB’s but only one shoe. Toe boxes have different leather

712B9D37-1DE7-44CB-8CAF-FA23A68863F4.jpeg
Had my last 2 pairs shipped to the store. Both pairs were double boxed. The manager opened the boxes and put them in foot actions bags. One of the employees said oh wow what 1s did you pick up when he saw the boxes and the manager said bred toes and my mans head almost exploded. I’ll check em out when I get home and hit y’all with the quality details. Couldn beleive I left the mall with bred toes in my bags 3 weeks after release.

People just really need to stop gassing tumbled "leather" in general, especially on mass produced athletic sneakers. I understand it can be a nice design feature but in no way is it always a clear indicator of "quality."
all that needs to be said. the leather on these is nothing special, tumbled stiff leather is not worth it. this release from a quality standpoint is grossly overrated imo.

OK i finally got a chance to snap a pic of the collection of 1's all ds as of now. just need to add the blues coming this month and the shadows. sbb and banneds are closest in material quality. IMO banned's are so nice, but sbb's are another level IMO OH and reverse SBB, are the worst quality of all the pears in pic!!! the orange is worse then the black they use. its the worst plastic leather EVER!!!!

20180313_155123_zpsobhtsan6.jpg

Nice collection :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom