Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

B4EF9A88-85A8-43E6-BF38-219B608AA16E.jpeg

Just got dropped off. These are far from SBB quality to be honest. Don’t be fooled by pics lol. I would compare these to the Banned & Royal 1’s. The quality and craftsmanship is A1 in my book.

The sail leather looks the same as SBB 2.0 and the red leather looks like banned/breds or royals

It's not the same..even the sail parts just like maqattack maqattack is saying with his in hand pair. Look at the indention that the stitching make on the SBB 1.0. That leather is thick. SBB 2.0 and bred toes isn't like that.

It's not the same..even the sail parts just like maqattack maqattack is saying with his in hand pair.
A lot of people will be surprised to find out these will have inconsistencies like the batch of royals where it’s more “tumbled” in certain areas of the shoe. Mine are like that and I don’t mind one bit. I’ll see how my other pairs look from NDC

Just got one of my pair! I don't have either of the sbb's but I can say that they are nicely done. I would agree that they are like the royals and blk/red 1's though. Either way you won't be disappointed . Hope everyone who wants them get them and those who don't... well in hand might change your thoughts.

Attachments

• 20180222_160739.jpg
    20180222_160739.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 34
I'm the one that sent the pic to mr_unloved1s. The thing with the 1's are is that every leather panel or every shoe is different and should be compared. For example, the sail leather panels on SBB 1.0 and 2.0 are the softest of the bunch. The orange leather on the SBB 1.0 toes and heel are super soft but the orange leather on the SBB 2.0 is stiffer. The swoosh on the Breds and Royals are soft while they're stiffer on both SBB and Bred Toes.

So it's all a matter of opinion what is "good quality". SBB 1.0 definitely has the best quality overall and the people that were saying the Bred Toes are the same or better are either crazy or resellers hyping up the shoe.

I would honestly put these on par with Black Toes. It has the stiff black leather from Bred/Royals, Stiff swoosh, and just slightly soft Sail leather. The red toebox is probably the softest part of the whole shoe.

There's a reason why SBB 1.0 are reselling for so much and Bred Toes are not on that level.

fullsizeoutput_cb0a.jpeg . IMG_2014.JPG fullsizeoutput_cb0c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_cb0e.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly, I laugh when any of you compare "quality" of any AJ1s and I laugh when people describe SBB1 as having legendary "high quality" status. You scrutinize meaningless things that DO NOT signify quality and are more likely production run inconsistencies. Nike is using the cheapest of the cheap synthetic leather for all of the AJ1s. None of them really qualify as "genuine leather" "top grain leather" or "full grain leather" (they would say so).

When Nike prices a shoe, they cost it out. They work backwards from materials costs, marketing, get to a wholesale cost, etc. The cost of limited AJ1s is relatively the same. They aren't poring less margin in a SBB than a Bred, for example. So stop this nerdy nonsense, these are just production inconsistencies.

The only factors you are comparing to call SBB1 "quality" is softness and whether the material is tumbled. People- these are not attributes that in any way signify that SBB1 are of higher quality- I would venture to say the raw material costs of the SBB1 are the same as the Bred, Bred Toe, etc etc. All of the materials are synthetic and it just so happens that when Nike made their SBB1 limited batch the materials were more tumbled and a bit softer. They didn't wake up and decide to use genuine leather and increase their minuscule materials costs on the SBB1 as a gift to you.

Nike likely laughing at the sneakerhead community for believing the SBB1 are untouchables relative to all other AJ1. They are ALL low quality and all cheap and not leather. Keep thinking a pebbled surface on synthetic leather costs Nike any more than a non pebbled surface. LOL

Last edited:
Honestly, I laugh when any of you compare "quality" of any AJ1s and I laugh when people describe SBB1 as having legendary "high quality" status. Nike is using the cheapest of the cheap synthetic leather for all of the AJ1s. None of them really qualify as "genuine leather" "top grain leather" or "full grain leather" (they would say so).

The only factors you are comparing to call SBB1 "quality" is softness and whether the material is tumbled. People- these are not attributes that in any way signify that SBB1 are of higher quality- I would venture to say the raw material costs of the SBB1 are the same as the Bred, Bred Toe, etc etc. All of the materials are synthetic and it just so happens that when Nike made their SBB1 limited batch the materials were more tumbled and a bit softer. They didn't wake up and decide to use genuine leather and increase their minuscule materials costs on the SBB1 as a gift to you.

Nike likely laughing at the sneakerhead community for believing the SBB1 are untouchables relative to all other AJ1. They are ALL low quality and all cheap and not leather. Keep thinking a pebbled surface on synthetic leather costs Nike any more than a non pebbled surface. LOL

but it's high quality synthetic leather.

Didn't get Nike early access, and now the stress of whether or not I'm gonna be able to cop is starting to set in.

I don't expect to hit on SNKRS (I never do, unless it's a crazy *** GR)

I only have a 7-minute headstart because I took pretty much all of 2017 off because the releases weren't for me, or I already owned the pairs that did release (Cherry/BRED 13's)

Starting to strongly consider paying the $100 above retail now before **** hits the fan.

Damn you, Jordan Brand.

Honestly, I laugh when any of you compare "quality" of any AJ1s and I laugh when people describe SBB1 as having legendary "high quality" status. You scrutinize meaningless things that DO NOT signify quality and are more likely production run inconsistencies. Nike is using the cheapest of the cheap synthetic leather for all of the AJ1s. None of them really qualify as "genuine leather" "top grain leather" or "full grain leather" (they would say so).

When Nike prices a shoe, they cost it out. They work backwards from materials costs, marketing, get to a wholesale cost, etc. The cost of limited AJ1s is relatively the same. They aren't poring less margin in a SBB than a Bred, for example. So stop this nerdy nonsense, these are just production inconsistencies.

200w.gif

Somebody take this guy's soapbox away.

Somebody take this guy's soapbox away.
keep debating dumb details on a shoe that is entirely synthetic and wouldn't qualify as leather. Fake leather that's closer to plastic than leather gets weird glitter marks after a year. But compare pictures and call the fake leather "butter" and think tumbled means something like a dork.

Back
Top Bottom