Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

Yeah I was thinking of stopping by around 6am. Wifey is surprisingly willing to go line up with me. Probably cause this whole vacation was purely to relax and we don’t have any activities planned other than eating. Hoping to swoop up 2 pairs

shes a keeper! how is the hype in hawaii for jays? if theyre not on it like that over there, u might not even have to line up lol

shes a keeper! how is the hype in hawaii for jays? if theyre not on it like that over there, u might not even have to line up lol

No clue. But per an employee there, people line up at 5am.. but varies each release. Will let you know tomorrow morning. Hoping there’s no line. At least it’ll be warm out hah

No clue. But per an employee there, people line up at 5am.. but varies each release. Will let you know tomorrow morning. Hoping there’s no line. At least it’ll be warm out hah

yea id line up to be safe. hope u score

My local shoe palace just called!!! One pair secured!!!

tenor.gif

Not looking to revamp the whole plastic/fake leather thing but I never saw anyone post info from Nike which surprised me. I found this out about a 1 year ago but I think it's been happening longer. Nike uses flyleather which is real leather mixed with synthetic materials to get their "leather" products. So.. its not fake or real... its #freal :lol:

Here's the link:
https://www.fastcompany.com/4046987...-look-like-they-were-made-from-the-real-thing

Thanks for the link. Not sure that applies to these however.
"The first shoe to be released in Flyleather is the company’s Tennis Classic, along with limited editions of the Air Force 1 and others, as the company explores how to use it across other parts of its line."
The description here https://www.nike.com/t/flyleather-tennis-classic-with-at-least-50-leather-fiber-unisex-shoe-go1AYv goes out of its way to emphasize the Flyleather.

"A new pair of shoes made out of the material, called Flyleather, looks and feels like it’s made from premium leather." I'll believe it when I see it haha. It sounds just like bonded leather to me. If anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather#Grades

Thanks for the link. Not sure that applies to these however.
"The first shoe to be released in Flyleather is the company’s Tennis Classic, along with limited editions of the Air Force 1 and others, as the company explores how to use it across other parts of its line."
The description here https://www.nike.com/t/flyleather-tennis-classic-with-at-least-50-leather-fiber-unisex-shoe-go1AYv goes out of its way to emphasize the Flyleather.

"A new pair of shoes made out of the material, called Flyleather, looks and feels like it’s made from premium leather." I'll believe it when I see it haha. It sounds just like bonded leather to me. If anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather#Grades

I hear you but that article also says they used it on Air Force 1s.. there is no "Air Force 1 Flyleather".. I think Nike called it that and went out of it's way to demonstrate that.. Like a marketing tool. To be clear, I know someone who used to work at Nike and through them, I learned that they are really going hard with sustainability and have been doing so before I got there. So if you believe they are using straight leather in 2018 on anything that doesnt say Flyleather.. IDK what to tell you lol.

I hear you but that article also says they used it on Air Force 1s.. there is no "Air Force 1 Flyleather".. I think Nike called it that and went out of it's way to demonstrate that.. Like a marketing tool. To be clear, I know someone who used to work at Nike and through them, I learned that they are really going hard with sustainability and have been doing so before I got there. So if you believe they are using straight leather in 2018 on anything that doesnt say Flyleather.. IDK what to tell you lol.

Interesting. No I never believed they are using straight leather in 2018. If anything, I'm surprised they bother with any leather at all. The vegan pushback must not be forceful enough yet haha.

Interesting. No I never believed they are using straight leather in 2018. If anything, I'm surprised they bother with any leather at all. The vegan pushback must not be forceful enough yet haha.

Lmao. I think that's just it.. the way the world is working now. It's impossible for them to justify 100% leather on everything.

can't believe people are putting in 24hour camp sessions at the WSS here in LA for these.

**edit never mind, i guess they getting wristbands today.

Im really surprised at how good they look with red laces. I usually HATE red laces in 1s (or any shoe just about) but they look great. I dont think I will wear mine with them though.

I'm sure it has been asked a million times - how does the head start come into play?

My understanding is that the app will reserve winners (aka raffle winners). Does the head start come into play when competing with other raffle winners in terms of confirming the pair faster? Or does the head start somehow play a role into determining the raffle winners themselves?

Back
Top Bottom